Young Lopburi motorcyclist voices thrill of high-speed riding, dies 2 hours later

webfact

Young Lopburi motorcyclist voices thrill of high-speed riding, dies 2 hours later

By The Nation

800_5f03d66a4cccda5.jpg?v=1592206977

A 21-year-old Lopburi motorcyclist was killed in a high-speed crash today (June 15) – merely two hours after posting on Facebook that “[riding a motorbike] alone is the best, I can go as fast as I wish”.

On being notified of the accident, Samre Metropolitan Police officers and a medical team from King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital rushed to the spot to find the body of the young man next to his mangled motorbike with his limbs broken.

A security guard who witnessed the accident said the man was riding at high speed when he hit a road barrier.

The body was sent to King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital for an autopsy and will be returned later to his family for a funeral.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389644

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-15

1 hour ago, Venom said:

I wonder why not wearing a helmet is never listed as a contributing factor? 

Wearing a helmet or not ,at high speed no amount of gear is going to save you.

If you are doing over a  hundred and you hit a barrier,you will be dead.

• Like 1

Its when they only do half a Job and give the Family a lifetime of feeding a Cabbage thats unfair, at least he hasnt done that. Any Man who has never been near to similar stupidity at some time is utterly void of Testosterone or a Born Coward

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Well at least he won't be putting innocent peoples life at risk any more.

Bob a Kneale, thanks for the saddo emotican, it would be a different story if one

of your family was killed by a speeding motorcyclist.

• Like 1

Imagine a wise person would have told him he would die within a year if he would continue to ride a bike. How high is the chance that he would have stopped it? How high is even the chance that he would have ridden any slower?

When I was young I also thought I was invincible. I didn't ride too crazy and I survived it. But some of my friends died. Did that convince me to ride a little slower? Yes, sure, maybe for an hour or two...

He is dead and likely he enjoyed his life until a minute or two before he died. So in a way he had a good life - just a little shorter than he probably anticipated.