Foreigners married to Thais set to be allowed to return to Thailand

webfact

5 minutes ago, gimo said:

It doesn't mention whether farangs married to Thais would have to do the 14 day quarantine or not .

Thai nationals repatriating to Thailand have 14 day quarantine. That will continue and any foreigners would likewise face quarantine in Bangkok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Any guess on the cost of 14 day quarantine package at ritzy hotels might be.

Far be it from me from being negative, but shall I take a stab at this?  Extreme?

How about at a cheap place being a "foreigner"?  Extreme?  

Wonder if I'm right?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That was published on another thread yesterday. If memory serves me well, it ranged from around 50k - 150k total.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

That was published on another thread yesterday. If memory serves me well, it ranged from around 50k - 150k total.

Yes, saw that. Some guys with family here esp young kids must be in turmoil and prepared to quarantine and pay dosh big time.

Others like me with Thai partner 7 years would also hate to be stuck out of Thailand. Love and would miss my partner but could wait. The silent killer is that some folk don't have house car etc back in hometown.

Yep I have rentals in OZ and had Airbnb booked for march 20. Thank Buddah I didn't go. Would be renting and hire car.

Must be horror stories out there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

The 14-day quarantine is not necessary in many cases.
The results of an RT-PCR test are available after 48 hours.
On average, the period between infection and the first symptoms is probably three days, less than the previously assumed five days, according to an evaluation by expert Zhong Nanshan, according to the China Daily.
5 days in quarantine + 2 days test time = 7 days.
The need for 14 days of quarantine is nowhere scientifically proven.

What are you on. 

Regarding the need for quarantine it will be determined by Thai authorities. Currently it is.

Currently I'm in Thailand. If I fly back to Oz tomorrow I will be in controlled quarantine 14 day. 

Your point? 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, MASSMAN said:

"Next" maybe a long time with leaders who are using emergency decrees to control the population.  This regime is only concerned with holding power.  The fact that the population is suffering means nothing to it.  The leaders of this regime and the HiSo who support it consider the great majority of people to be as valuable ants.

Sort of agree. However there are zillion activists world wide looking to use current issues to protest. BLM is just one example.

Most have best intentions but far right love this sh iet.

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:
5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If my memory serves well too, quarantine in a "luxury hotel" was just an option. There was still the possibility to make your quarantine at a far lower cost in a military facility or a cheap hotel. (or at least I think so :unsure:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

If my memory serves well too, quarantine in a "luxury hotel" was just an option. There was still the possibility to make your quarantine at a far lower cost in a military facility or a cheap hotel. (or at least I think so :unsure:)

Yes but thinking Thai only for gov base.

My guess is that the requirements will be be severe. Far enough think of practically. 

The accommodation will need control. 

Will need be in certain hotels. Certainly not budget. Will cost big time.

In AU they also despatched police presence to assist hotel. 

Guys with kids might do it. Many not.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ryane66 said:

I am stuck outside with my Thai wife and her son now for 3 months. Hoping it includes us.

Think you mean includes you.

Your wife and son could have already returned. Note you stated HER son. 

They perhaps better off in Thailand, some time back.

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Logically, the government should be allowing people back in from countries that have demonstrated they have their infection rates under control. Silly me, using logic again.

But that's exactly what Thailand is doing ! 

Your problem is the definition/quantification of "infection rate under control"...

• Like 1