Foreigners married to Thais set to be allowed to return to Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Your son doesn't have to go to school?

Homeschooling is always an option, unlike in countries like Germany, Hungary, Switzerland and China, it's perfectly legal in Thailand and many other countries.

In this video clip, Khun

@NatapanuN

from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, says that work permit holders and foreigners married to Thais should contact their local Thai embassy if they want to come back now. Other people with urgent or humanitarian reasons will also be considered.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 8:22 AM, superal said:

Are you aware that any foreigner who intends to travel to Thailand must have $100,000 cover for covid 19 and that has to be highlighted for the IO to view and not just within the policy document . 

I repeat once again the topic is about foreigners married to Thai spouses who want to return to Thailand , however the current insurance  requirements laid down by the Thai government are impossible to attain because the countries of departure are mostly stating that international travel should not be taken which in turn invalidates any insurance policy. 

Here is an extract from the Staysure Insurance company but common to other companies e.g. Regency FEPs

Please be aware that your travel insurance will not be valid when the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all, or all but essential travel to your destination. But, all your policy benefits will resume as soon as the FCO advises it is safe to travel again.

Regency will issue a valid covid covering policy to those who are residing within Thailand but not to those who are abroad and wish to travel  .

You're not making sense, as soon at the FCO allow travel the insurance is valid, right?

There is not point in it being valid now as the airports are not open, i'm sure as soon as the airports are open the FCO travel advice will change.

18 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

You should speak only for yourself...I have no problem with travelling.

I agree, i know at least 6 people that have been infected and shown zero symptoms and recovered within 10-12 days, various ages.

The virus does not concern me travelling, only the inconvieniences that it brings!

21 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I agree, i know at least 6 people that have been infected and shown zero symptoms and recovered within 10-12 days, various ages.

The virus does not concern me travelling, only the inconvieniences that it brings!

Interesting.... But recovered from what? they had zero symptoms. 

How did they find out they were carrying Covid-19 asymptomatically?

Personally: I agree, the Virus doesn’t concern me. Many think they have had it, I think I may have had it but we really have no idea until we are tested to see if we have had Covid-19. 

By now massive proportions of the population should be being tested to see if 90% of the population have had Covid-19 in which case we have little to worry about. That would also be embarrassing as we locked down for no reason. OR, only 5% of the population have had it [Covid-19] in which case we need to be seriously concerned as a vast proportion of society is still at risk. 

22 hours ago, vinny41 said:
On 6/18/2020 at 7:01 PM, richard_smith237 said:

That doesn’t mean ‘self isolation’ as a policy is proven not to work. It just means some will break the rules, which is to be expected - harsh charges would limit those of a frivolous nature who would otherwise abuse the rules behave - Instead everyone is being forced to stay in state quarantine or pay for a hotel quarantine because a few have broken the rules (thats like banning everyone from driving because some tool will drive like an idiot and kill someone).

Proof would be if the majority of those in self isolation failed isolate such that the spread rate (R rate) of the virus exceeded 1.0.

I don't think anyone is willing to take that risk , your not be forced to come to Thailand at the moment so people coming need to accept quarantine or change their travel plans to a date when their is no quarantine rules in place

The ‘like it or lump it’ approach to the debate is disappointing....  while we have to accept government policy, do we always have to agree with it?.... 

Personally, I don’t think there is elevated risk to 69 million people if a few hundred were to break quarantine, social distancing measures are still in practice. Track and trace of new arrivals should also be working. 

Forcing solitary confinement on all arrivals because a small minority ‘may' break the quarantine is extremely harsh. 

All perspective on this issue seems to have been lost when we place it next to Dengue Fever (108 deaths in 2019 in Thailand), Road Deaths, Heart Disease, Diabetes... on and on...  

Covid-19 is serious and needs attention, as is Influenza, food hygiene, road safety etc etc. How have we ended up in place whereby the ‘continued’ reaction remains so strong (rhetorical).

19 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:
On 6/18/2020 at 10:32 AM, richard_smith237 said:

I don’t think I’ll be coming back any time soon and will enjoy the summer in the UK, Wife and Son will join me here. 

Your son doesn't have to go to school?

His school term finishes in a week and restarts after the summer break in mid August. 

Its doubtful they will come here for the summer now...  I’m not really worried about Covid-19, but the restrictions surrounding it... i.e......

- Isolate in the UK for two weeks (no problems in a nice countryside house with a large garden). 

- Two weeks relaxation with family in the UK (would be great)

- Two week quarantine confinement upon return to Thailand (no, just no!)

.... in effect it takes 6 weeks for a two week holiday !!!!... 

Additionally, upon return to Thailand isolation at a State Quarantine facility is definitely a no-no. Paying 50-100,000 baht for a hotel room for two weeks we when have a perfectly good home to quarantine in is also a no-no.

Locking down a 6 year old to a hotel room is just not on.

"All but essential travel” - it clear spending time with family is not quite essential at the moment, certainly not essential enough to put them through all that. 

Thus: Once its clear that Thailand is letting foreigners in I may look more closely at returning. Hopefully the quarantine mess will be over within a month and we can just fly back, check into a hotel, get a Covid-19 test, await the results for a day or two (or quicker), and then go home. 

On 6/15/2020 at 5:14 AM, gimo said:

Does it include Parents of Thai children ? Not married . My son and I are waiting to be able get back into Thailand . He is my son by birth and is a Thai citizen with two passports . He came here to Oz

for a holiday and can't get back . I want to return with him to stay permanently .

I'm in the same situation.  My Thai son (50% Thai and 50% American)  and I have been stuck here in America since March and we both want to get back to Mom and his brother.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

His school term finishes in a week and restarts after the summer break in mid August. 

Its doubtful they will come here for the summer now...  I’m not really worried about Covid-19, but the restrictions surrounding it... i.e......

- Isolate in the UK for two weeks (no problems in a nice countryside house with a large garden). 

- Two weeks relaxation with family in the UK (would be great)

- Two week quarantine confinement upon return to Thailand (no, just no!)

.... in effect it takes 6 weeks for a two week holiday !!!!... 

Additionally, upon return to Thailand isolation at a State Quarantine facility is definitely a no-no. Paying 50-100,000 baht for a hotel room for two weeks we when have a perfectly good home to quarantine in is also a no-no.

Locking down a 6 year old to a hotel room is just not on.

"All but essential travel” - it clear spending time with family is not quite essential at the moment, certainly not essential enough to put them through all that. 

Thus: Once its clear that Thailand is letting foreigners in I may look more closely at returning. Hopefully the quarantine mess will be over within a month and we can just fly back, check into a hotel, get a Covid-19 test, await the results for a day or two (or quicker), and then go home. 

Absolutely. Just not worth it. This damned virus has completely ruined everything. I would be in Zagreb now (of all places) instead I'm sat here typing on TV. Very depressing.

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The ‘like it or lump it’ approach to the debate is disappointing....  while we have to accept government policy, do we always have to agree with it?.... 

Personally, I don’t think there is elevated risk to 69 million people if a few hundred were to break quarantine, social distancing measures are still in practice. Track and trace of new arrivals should also be working. 

Forcing solitary confinement on all arrivals because a small minority ‘may' break the quarantine is extremely harsh. 

All perspective on this issue seems to have been lost when we place it next to Dengue Fever (108 deaths in 2019 in Thailand), Road Deaths, Heart Disease, Diabetes... on and on...  

Covid-19 is serious and needs attention, as is Influenza, food hygiene, road safety etc etc. How have we ended up in place whereby the ‘continued’ reaction remains so strong (rhetorical).

The problem is we live in a ME,ME,ME,ME society today

I am sure it would more than a few hundred breaking out of quarantine, as they would post on this forum as to how they broke out and anyone that remains in quarantine is a fool or an idiot or both, If people were to break out of quarantine its unlikely that they would follow social distancing measures.

If your Son returned from a Covid19 hotspot such as the UK and went straight back to school without quarantine would it be acceptable to you if the school contacted you informing you that your son is suspended from school until further notice following concerns from the other parents.

Or would it be acceptable to you that your son was forced to wear a cowbell around his neck and when he is outside of your home he must shout every 20 seconds unclean unclean.

If the Thai Goverment was to ask its 69 million citizens (majority don't work in the tourist industry) to decide I suspect they wouldn't accept  quarantine as an option their preferred option would be keep everyone out of the country until virus is completely eradicated

I see Thai Goverment has published their requirements for married people if this wish to return to Thailand so the ball is in your court if you accept their requirements or wait 6-12 months to see if they reduced or abolish these requirements

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Interesting.... But recovered from what? they had zero symptoms. 

How did they find out they were carrying Covid-19 asymptomatically?

Personally: I agree, the Virus doesn’t concern me. Many think they have had it, I think I may have had it but we really have no idea until we are tested to see if we have had Covid-19. 

By now massive proportions of the population should be being tested to see if 90% of the population have had Covid-19 in which case we have little to worry about. That would also be embarrassing as we locked down for no reason. OR, only 5% of the population have had it [Covid-19] in which case we need to be seriously concerned as a vast proportion of society is still at risk. 

When i say recovered i mean their body got rid of CV without showing symptoms, they were tested that's how they knew.