Foreigners married to Thais set to be allowed to return to Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, andre47 said:

But Thailand don't want the virus. Is this so difficult to understand???

The question is: Who is Mr. Thailand?

They are 70 million individuals.

If you don't have enough to eat or can't offer your children any better future, you will decide differently.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Berti said:

The question is: Who is Mr. Thailand?

They are 70 million individuals.

If you don't have enough to eat or can't offer your children any better future, you will decide differently.

Of cause...but we are not in the position to judge about this. Many countries have different approaches to solve the problem. We don't know which is the best solution. The Thai government made their decisions and we have to follow their rules. I think that the government is aware about the social problems and they have to support the poor.

Edited by andre47
tipo

9 minutes ago, Berti said:

There are tens of thousands empty hotel rooms, and I bet there are enough officers in this country to handle immigration.

Every room must be certified as being up to the quarantine standard e.g. no carpets allowed or a requirement of a partnership with a hospital which will work with hotels to bring the rooms up to code before a Ministry of Public Health inspection.

The participating hotels are gradually expanding the number of certified rooms.

Edited by unheard

3 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

one individual maybe not but it is a trend right now, so it is a problem. 

hahahaha no it aint.... Whilst there is a large vocal crowd saying they will leave and never return we all know it will be a very small minority that actually do and they equal exactly zero on the grand scheme of things.

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

They should have become citizens then.

Can't have the cake and it it too !!

they might not be able to if they have business ties back home

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

hahahaha no it aint.... Whilst there is a large vocal crowd saying they will leave and never return we all know it will be a very small minority that actually do and they equal exactly zero on the grand scheme of things.

small number,, have you seen how many expats and retirees have left Thailand in the past 7 or 8 years? It is nearly half the number,,, in another 4 or 5 years it will half again the way things are going.

12 minutes ago, Berti said:

Why a hierarchy.

I just don't understand that they have to limit entries of people who are willing to go into quarantine and pay for it.

There are tens of thousands empty hotel rooms, and I bet there are enough officers in this country to handle immigration.

Completely agree with this. I would LOVE to do this. And it would be 100% safe, really no reason why you shouldn't be able to do this...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GAZZPA said:

small number,, have you seen how many expats and retirees have left Thailand in the past 7 or 8 years? It is nearly half the number,,, in another 4 or 5 years it will half again the way things are going.

No I have not, you have the number so please link them so Ican read.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, aussienam said:

Many of us who are retired and reside in Thailand are not married.  But we are also struggling very badly with being locked out.  I am paying rent in Thailand monthly to my landlord still, plus electricity and garbage collection, but I am not there.  This is so unfair.  

I DO NOT HAVE COVID.  I will be retested whenever and wherever I need to be again.  But I am going literally insane waiting here with nothing but a suitcase of clothes for more than three months locked out.  Double rent costs, and then the costs to come back as well.  Please, this is causing so much suffering.  If there is no news for us, what do I do?  Terminate my lease?  Who is going to pack all my belongings and store them?  I have so much.  I cannot sleep from the anxiety daily.  

Please include retirees on non-imm O & O-A visas.  We are not a burden to Thailand.  We contribute too.  Thank you.  

Sorry to hear about your situation, certainly not a good situation  to be in, and I understand you frustration and sympathize. . But this covid 19 situation , one way or another , has adversely affected everyone. Me and my wife we were already six months away from Thailand when this thing happened. We have now been away from our house  for a Year!! we are still paying all bills, and for someone to take care of the house and the dogs. 

I think the Thai government is prioritizing. First it was Thai citizens, as this is winding down ,Then I guess it is Thai Nationals with foreign spouses . And then I guess it will be long term residency  Foreign Nationals such as you. As I said I know it is frustrating, trust me it has  been very frustrating for us also. but at least things are moving in the right direction. 

Hung in there, hopefully it will be soon. :smile: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

No I have not, you have the number so please link them so Ican read.

http://travelandmiceworld.com/2019/07/01/nordic-expats-are-leaving-thailand/

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-so-many-expats-leaving-Thailand

https://asia.nikkei.com/Economy/Thailand-s-foreign-retirees-see-their-good-life-slip-away

there is plenty more data, but if you are not aware of it when you are there in the thick of it then i suggest you open your eyes,,,

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, unheard said:

Every room must be certified as being up to the quarantine standard e.g. no carpets allowed or a requirement of a partnership with a hospital which will work with hotels to bring the rooms up to code before a Ministry of Public Health inspection.

The participating hotels are gradually expanding the number of certified rooms.

I know.

But some rules are ridiculous. The virus does not live a long time on surfaces. There were horror stories at the beginning, but they found out that even if you can prove the virus on surfaces, it cannot reproduce anymore.

By the way, when did you lick the carpet in a hotel room the last time (sarcasm).

2 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

So links to forums and heresay.

Figured that would be your response.....not factual.

8 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Times are changing. Nobody is crying if expats are leaving. The last 10 years Thailand changed so much. They don't need the expats anymore and many Thais also don't want them. When I look at many Farang here in Pattaya I can understand them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berti said:

Absolutely agree.

But Thailand will never follow this strategy and try to combine tourism and containment/limiting of the virus.

I'm convinced that they spoke to the Chinese government a couple of weeks ago and the Chinese told them, as soon as you have no new cases we will open the borders to Thailand again. They can't get this out of their heads.

See your doctor about this recurring thought based on nothing but fancy.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, andre47 said:

Times are changing. Nobody is crying if expats are leaving. The last 10 years Thailand changed so much. They don't need the expats anymore and many Thais also don't want them. When I look at many Farang here in Pattaya I can understand them.

They will need them again. Economy continues down.

• Like 1

BS that Thailand does not need expets. Not to brag but I easily spend up to a 100 to 200k baht a month in BKK. And I know many of you guys here now as well how easy it is to do that in BKK. Maybe in smaller cities and villages it's different. But expets do bring in lots of money into the economy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, andre47 said:

I wouldn't disagree with you that they don't want them, however I would question whether they need them still, especially in places such as Pattaya. it doesn't seem to me that they are effectively adjusted to attaract alternative business,, the Chinese hasn't worked so far although I suspect it may be the way forward for them. Whatever the situation Thailand is losing its appeal with expat and retirees alike for many reasons. Seems the allure of other Asian countries is more appealing.

3 minutes ago, Traubert said:

See your doctor about this recurring thought based on nothing but fancy.

Wouldn't you contact the government of your biggest tourist country? Just normal.

31 minutes ago, Berti said:

Why a hierarchy.

I just don't understand that they have to limit entries of people who are willing to go into quarantine and pay for it.

But unfortunately not tens of thousands of airplane seats.