Three year old shoots himself with his father's gun

webfact

2 hours ago, Deerculler said:

Not many companies make .357 semi- auto pistols. The only one I can think of is the Desert Eagle. There may be others.

Most are revolvers.

Glock is one company that makes semi-auto pistols chambered in .357.  The have three similar but different models, the Glock 31, 32, & 33 models.  You're right though.  Most firearms chambered in .357 are revolvers and not pistols.

1 hour ago, DJ54 said:

Bought a new 9mm in US 3 ish years ago. Keep it at my sisters.One thing I do not like is No safety. It’s locked in two cases... and no children around

Sounds like a great purchase.

I bought a gas powered remote control jeep as bit of a toy. No need to keep it locked in 2 cases, and is actually fun to use.

Yeah, I know, us crazy Europeans and our complete disinterest with such things as a 9mm kept in another house and locked away in 2 cases.

To be honest, I think that circumcision has a lot to do with American guy's obsession with such silly things, psychologically. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Glock is one company that makes semi-auto pistols chambered in .357.  The have three similar but different models, the Glock 31, 32, & 33 models.  You're right though.  Most firearms chambered in .357 are revolvers and not pistols.

For some reason I couldn't find the edit button.  I meant to say the Glock 31, 32, & 33 models are chambered in .357 Sig which is a little different than a standard .357 round.  

12 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Guess the 5 year old shot his brother by accident.

As i see size of .357 guns, cartridge on floor, so not a revolver.

He should have pointed it to himself and then squeeze the trigger, backwards?!

With those tiny little fingers and power you need then to squeeze? As he had a wound going in chest and going out back. 

Well you never know how a cow fetches a hare, but its sad it happend with the kids.

But however its the same as putting kids on motorbikes and let them ride in traffic.

Guns have to be locked inside steel and very secure lockers in New Zealand and this article is why. So sad 

16 hours ago, webfact said:

The three year old was rushed to hospital but was found to be dead from a chest wound that had exited through his back.

That's a big gun and I don't believe for a minute that a three year old child would be physically capable of inverting a gun of that size and weight and 'push' the trigger whilst maintaining perfect balance of the gun with one hand.  Absolutely not a cat in hell's chance.

The injury to the poor child doesn't bear thinking about.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Guns have to be locked inside steel and very secure lockers in New Zealand and this article is why. So sad 

in the  Uk ammo must also be separate in another locked container.

Mai pen rai.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The father kept the gun in a bag hanging from a window. Sanook reported that the three year old had played with the gun many times before but it had never gone off. 

They rarely if  ever  learn  anything.

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

More irresponsible gun owners here, and more dead children.  It is something that needs to be addressed, but alas it never will.  In the west the father would be held responsible for the death and charged.

If the father had broken the curfew when it was on he would have been charged, but being responsible for his sons death, he probably won't be. This is Thailand. 

16 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Shot in chest - sounds like they are protecting the older sibling....

not too difficult to prove thru interviews and physical evidence...

Yes, for the police of a normal country.

16 hours ago, wazzupnow said:

oo that is why there are no brain surgeons in thailand, nothing to work on

The amount of gun deaths, road fatalities, and very poor running of the country proves that.

11 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Yeah, I know, us crazy Europeans and our complete disinterest with such things as a 9mm kept in another house and locked away in 2 cases.

To be honest, I think that circumcision has a lot to do with American guy's obsession with such silly things, psychologically. 

Perhaps American males would have a more Western European outlook had they been castrated like the males there. ????

On 6/16/2020 at 9:52 AM, worgeordie said:

So the father thought it was OK for the kid to play with

the gun,maybe wanted him to be a hitman when he grew up,

RIP little one,

regards Worgeordie

Of course it's OK for kids to play with guns in Thailand, they even have a special day for it.

1088307502_images(20).jpg.7bcd888830633a9d0dd9b17e12edc320.jpg2020959845_images(21).jpg.283cfcf7060d9a8c25562a11ec404c05.jpg736720992_images(23).jpg.cedabf430660b5950517ddb0becf6648.jpg591007262_download(7).jpg.b48c8b77e6b5a9e1facc9672b5484ee8.jpg:ohmy:

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 11:05 AM, Andy from Kent said:

Doesn't seem like an appropriate thing to post on  this or any other  forum, mate.

Shooting politicians seems a sensible thing to do.

Edited by roger101
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 9:49 AM, PatOngo said:

Safety First!

meaning NO to fire arms in the House! (school ....Church/Wat     etc

Owning a gun is like a magnet it WILL attract (lethal) trouble!

Edited by hgma