Buri Ram abbot allegedly kills pregnant ex-girlfriend in a fit of jealous rage

webfact

Buri Ram abbot allegedly kills pregnant ex-girlfriend in a fit of jealous rage

By THE NATION

800_b35cd6de924d0c7.jpg?v=1592276283

Hin Lek Fai police in Buri Ram’s Kumeuang district arrested Um (last name withheld), aged 57, an abbot of a temple in the district, for allegedly murdering his 33-year-old former girlfriend who is eight months pregnant. Police also seized a 60cm machete from Um that was used as the murder weapon.

Witnesses reportedly said that at around 8pm yesterday (June 15) they saw Um crash his van into the deceased’s pickup truck that her husband was driving in Toomyai subdistrict.

cghCQxnscybBNOCw_223207.jpg

“The man in a monk's robe got out of the van and, with a machete in hand, walked over to the couple,” said one of the horrified witnesses. “Seeing this, the scared husband fled, leaving the pregnant woman behind. The monk hit her from behind with the machete just once and she fell to the ground. He then continued to slash the women several times until she stopped moving.”

CSKXNb1FsaIfgk4y_223226.jpg

Officials recovered the body of the victim from the roadside and sent it to Buri Ram Hospital for an autopsy. A preliminary report said the victim had more than a dozen cut wounds on her face, arms and body.

Um was nabbed shortly after the incident. He was forced to leave monkhood before being taken to the police station.

Um reportedly told officers that he and the deceased woman had an intimate relationship for a couple of years before she left him for another man.

NGOnjXirLr5C4Euy_223144.jpg

“She also extorted money from me, threatening to tell others that the unborn baby is mine,” Um claimed. “When I saw her in the car with her new husband that she was just married to five months ago, I got jealous and killed her.”

Um has been charged with first-degree murder.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389689

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-16

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, graemeaylward said:

What a wonderful example to his followers! An abbot, is the top man at the temple but considers it ok to have a secret sexual relationship with a woman for 2 years, make her pregnant, and then snuff her out in a fit of jealous rage.  I wonder how all the folk who have been contributing to his upkeep and debauched lifestyle, through alms giving over the years feel about this pillar of the community now!

They'll just keep giving to the next in line, mai phen rai! Mai mee phen ha! ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

What a wonderful example to his followers! An abbot, is the top man at the temple but considers it ok to have a secret sexual relationship with a woman for 2 years, make her pregnant, and then snuff her out in a fit of jealous rage.  I wonder how all the folk who have been contributing to his upkeep and debauched lifestyle, through alms giving over the years feel about this pillar of the community now!

Not to mention the unborn Child was was a month away from being born .

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

The woman who, allegedly, was extorting money from the abbot wasn't pregnant with the his child.

19 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

The woman who, allegedly, was extorting money from the abbot wasn't pregnant with the his child.

It says the Monk and the woman had an intimate relationship , so , it probably was his

Thinking about , as she got married to her husband a few months ago , she must have been in a intimate relationship with both of them .

Could have been either one of them...................or someone else

Edited by CorpusChristie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Another day, another errant monk story. Honestly these guys seem to live it up more than the general public !

Taking lessons from the RCs, with scandal and sex, but not many RC priests charged with murder.

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:
14 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

It says the Monk and the woman had an intermate relationship , so , it probably was his

The report didn't say that it was his so it probably wasn't.

If you ever wanted a snapshot of Thailand then this may well be it.  Perfectly illustrates the hypocrisy of it's religious status and the cowardly husband illustrates the backbone of many of the people.

I know many good, honest people in Thailand but I fear the dark side is also there in all it's sordid, embarrassing detail.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

If you ever wanted a snapshot of Thailand then this may well be it.  Perfectly illustrates the hypocrisy of it's religious status and the cowardly husband illustrates the backbone of many of the people.

I know many good, honest people in Thailand but I fear the dark side is also there in all it's sordid, embarrassing detail.

Unfortunately it's not specific to Thailand

you can read news about horribles things all over the world everyday

it's not worse or better in Thailand, a lot of men of all nationalities have a very bad side

Edited by kingofthemountain