Buri Ram abbot allegedly kills pregnant ex-girlfriend in a fit of jealous rage

webfact

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Another day, another errant monk story. Honestly these guys seem to live it up more than the general public !

I gave up on temples and Buddhism out here.... this and other similar stories are just more confirmation that it's riddled with everything that's bad.

I'm sure the men of the cloth are less than delighted, that one of the followers of the faith "misbehaved". 

But, as long as every Thai male should to do temple service it is quite obvious, that you get also the sick nut case. I assume that machetes are not standard equipment for monks nor in a pick-up. 

The guy is nuts, book him a suite in the slammer or get rid of him for good. After all, the woman and the unborn child paid the ultimate price. 

Normally, the head monk of a district chooses abbots for the temples in their districts.  And this choosing appears to be set along the "good old boy" "here's a pat on the back" guidelines.  Some sort of careful vetting needs to be implemented.  And I'm not talking about a pocket full of cash.  

3 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Remember this Bangkok monk with his own private jet!! Now serving 114 years in prison.

Jailed high-flying monk withdraws appeal against fraud sentence

He had a good run for a long time.  Traveled the world before coming back home. I'm pretty sure he never thought he would be convicted.  He had a lot of friends in high places who evidently, turned their back on him.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These things leaves me shaking my head.... a local village temple

went to visit two cars covered under covered patio. Asled what they 

were... 2 Mercedes Benz the monks father gave him... 

ok ok I believe that one..next... no I don’t believe that. 

I’ve asked if Buddhism is a belief or a word... meaning to them specifically. In the village a young man going to be a monk. 

The music trucks drives through the neighborhood people dancing, drinking including underage drinking. Then another drinking party at 

night..

im not complaining I’m just trying to figure out is that what their supposed to do as Buddhist...

8 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

Normally, the head monk of a district chooses abbots for the temples in their districts.  And this choosing appears to be set along the "good old boy" "here's a pat on the back" guidelines.  Some sort of careful vetting needs to be implemented.  And I'm not talking about a pocket full of cash.  

Not dissimilar to some the selection and elevation with most religious institutions, especially within the Vatican . What is the point of joining a club if you do not receive benefits?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DJ54 said:

These things leaves me shaking my head.... a local village temple

went to visit two cars covered under covered patio. Asled what they 

were... 2 Mercedes Benz the monks father gave him... 

ok ok I believe that one..next... no I don’t believe that. 

I’ve asked if Buddhism is a belief or a word... meaning to them specifically. In the village a young man going to be a monk. 

The music trucks drives through the neighborhood people dancing, drinking including underage drinking. Then another drinking party at 

night..

im not complaining I’m just trying to figure out is that what their supposed to do as Buddhist...

I questioned that myself, and really never got an answer.  Most Buddhism today, and especially Thai Buddhism, is way, way off the mark of what the Buddha wanted.