How do you keep your beer cold?

Put them next to my ex wifes lawyers heart.

Failing to find a lawyers heart, taking them from the fridge and putting them in the freezer 30 to 45 minutes prior to opening works well.

Decant quickly down ones warm and dry throat.

Viva San Miguel 

Edited by ourdon

58 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

At last, isnt it nice to read something light , funny and without a ferang covertly promoting his big head.

YES!

Having said that, beer only stays cold for the first five inches of its journey, tragically.

Edited by Traubert

Personally, I also hate ice in my beer as it can be a source of "Bangkok Belly" from contamination - dirty water, dirty hands (if no tongs)! Quite common to see Thais and farangs picking out ice cubes with their fingers to put into drinks (beer, whisky/soda etc.). In bars, I always state "no ice" (mai namkhaeng kap) and check that my beer bottle or can comes from a chill cabinet. In my local bar here in Cambodia, the bottles and cans are stored in chill cabinets as are the glasses. The draught beers are dispensed through cooling units. So, no ice at all. At festivals, parties etc. I keep cans or bottles in a cool box containing ice cubes also making sure I clean drops of water from ring pull cans before opening and drinking - possible contaminated water again! I know many will think this is ridiculous but it is from experience and I no longer have to dash to the loo!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

3 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

reminds me of Americans for some reason

Those bloody Americans. This thread reminded me of the Coors Light commercials I grew up with back in the States.

An ice covered train or semi truck carrying the beer would bust into the scene blowing snow everywhere, and a party with lots of young, attractive people would ensue. The announcer would then extol the virtues of the beer, "Ice cold! Super cold! Colder and bolder!", or something to that effect.

As the years passed, this emphasis on coldness got more and more ridiculous, with special coating inside the cans to keep it colder, a specially designed spout to optimize the pouring of the beer faster, so it wouldn't get warm, and then finally, the logo on the can would change to blue when you knew it was cold enough. Yeah, the beer was cold, or could be depending on your efforts. Just about the only good thing about that garbage, and the only way it was tolerable.

36 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

In a bar, insist on a beer condom and immediately drink your beer down to the top of the condom.  The bit in the condom stays cold, the bit outside it heats up , which heats up the whole beer.

Good advice.

24 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Those bloody Americans. This thread reminded me of the Coors Light commercials I grew up with back in the States.

An ice covered train or semi truck carrying the beer would bust into the scene blowing snow everywhere, and a party with lots of young, attractive people would ensue. The announcer would then extol the virtues of the beer, "Ice cold! Super cold! Colder and bolder!", or something to that effect.

As the years passed, this emphasis on coldness got more and more ridiculous, with special coating inside the cans to keep it colder, a specially designed spout to optimize the pouring of the beer faster, so it wouldn't get warm, and then finally, the logo on the can would change to blue when you knew it was cold enough. Yeah, the beer was cold, or could be depending on your efforts. Just about the only good thing about that garbage, and the only way it was tolerable.

Coors Light? Beer?

Nah.......

9 hours ago, cauldlad said:

I stick mine in the freezer at least two hours before I am going to start drinking!

That's a good idea, but I'm not sure I can convince the wife to get out of bed two hours before me.

On 6/16/2020 at 9:25 AM, anterian said:

keep the glass or bottle in an ice bucket. Alternatively you can buy reusable metal cubes which you pre-freeze, these will not melt and dilute your beer. 

Thai beer, or rather lager, is so s h i t e that I find that the ice actually improves the flavour....555. Im back in the UK now enjoying real beer......John Smith's.

Edited by SunsetT

6 hours ago, expat_4_life said:

Zojirushi makes nice tumblers, available here. I got mine at a department store.

These things are like magic, keeps the beer cold for a long time.

I have the SX-DC45 (available in multiple colors).

https://www.zojirushi.com/app/product/sxdb

Jeez no self respecting Ozz Beer Drinker would be seen dead drinkin from those Office Tarts Coffey slurpers , Need a Cold one after seeing them things.:burp:

I use the same method as when making ice cream(slightly different thing, but not too much) - a bucket, aluminium container for them beers(can do without in an emergency), wrap beers in soaked tissue paper, fill the bucket with layers of ice, sprinkle rock salt between every third-of-a-bottle in height, repeat until reaching inner containers height, continue with adding water to the mix until almost reaching top of the ice - then enjoy the sound of ice crystalization, that instantly starts to freeze the container (or beers if skipped the container) ???? Note: to avoid freezing your beer, try to stir the ice-bath every time you cork one, especially if you skipped the aluminium container for them beers, or you might need to get an ice pick to free your bottles, just to see they're frozen solid from inside too ????
EDIT: Usually after churning the ice cream - I dedicate the rest of the ice bath to keeping drinks cold - if the method can produce ice cream at 38 centigrade temperature - surely it can keep 'em beers cold ???? 
104202195_3597620503588473_8753722744381101901_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_eui2=AeGJlDfHAGGRikM2ZziZ1_wnPNyMZ_wY0H483Ixn_BjQfvce0duV_eqY5r9J00HYAs4LrUOSVS3vm4NGZDmZOPsL&_nc_oc=AQngw9JtELGBioXV3x-4rnQX1w27VTPrVuf4ibRXWmY_aMm2bF9yuG-q6SdZaSjicPNzgI2gENc1L5CqxluaYh0d&_nc_ht=scontent.fcnx3-1.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=9a0b7097fc565652b7a7ed75e11be864&oe=5F1618FD  

Edited by jabis