Checkpoints to remain despite lifting of curfew

snoop1130

Checkpoints to remain despite lifting of curfew

By THE NATION

800_abbecb726e524d0.jpg

More than 500 checkpoints that were set up nationwide to catch curfew violators will now focus on criminal activities, accidents and illegal gatherings at night, as per the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) orders.

Dr Panprapa Yongtrakul, CCSA’s assistant spokesperson, said on Tuesday (June 16) that even though the curfew was lifted on Monday, efforts must still be made to prevent crime and curb the spread of the virus.

She added that people aged between 20 and 39 need to be particularly careful, as many of them will possibly be asymptomatic and carriers.

“According to the Department of Disease Control, 50 per cent of people in this age range are asymptomatic,” she said.

Meanwhile, police have also been instructed to collect information about suspected criminals, while some officials have been put on standby for emergency calls and operation.

“Under these measures, police are also required to update their database in relation to the outcome of each case, age of the culprits and places where accidents or criminal occur,” she said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389724

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-16

• Like 1

asymptomatic ... i am not an expert nor trying to question anyone but with all the unreliable testing the result could be asymptomatic ...tested positive but maybe not be positive because of bad test. I would guess there is such a asymptomatic  but i would also guess in the beginning there were many thought to be asymptomatic  that maybe were not. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ebean001 said:

asymptomatic ... i am not an expert nor trying to question anyone but with all the unreliable testing the result could be asymptomatic ...tested positive but maybe not be positive because of bad test. I would guess there is such a asymptomatic  but i would also guess in the beginning there were many thought to be asymptomatic  that maybe were not. 

Depends. If you're hit by the virus but still in the incubation period then you are an asymptomatic carrier. Once you're over the incubation period and have no symptoms you produced antibodies and are immune. And here's the big question: can people that are immune and healthy still be carriers? 

So they still have checkpoints ?

Surely all the locals know of them and just use side roads to avoid ?

It is all i ever did when out on my bike, lots of ways to go round them, saves the pointless, photo, licence, passport, and questions check, and of course, the standard payments for anything they can come up with.

• Like 1

Assuming any one person is asymptomatic, this person might have infected others and these again might have infected others and so the chain goes on. It is unprobable that all of them are asymptomatic now. At some point somebody would show symptomps. But with 0 domestic cases for the last 2 weeks, not sure why they think there are so many asymptomatic cases now.

Edited by Mak25

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Because it seems to be about Control.

"efforts must still be made to prevent crime and curb the spread of the virus".

I don't know how you do that without exerting some form of control, but I'm certain the experts here know better.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

Okay....everyone knows that checkpoints are:

a) A visual 'in-your-face' reminder to keep the proles in fear and focused on who is in charge.

b) A good opportunity for the police to extort money from random and miscellaneous victims.

.....but how on earth does a gang of rogue police hassling people in the middle of the night benefit public health?

This circus of a government goes further down the rabbit hole every day.

Are you sure its a rabbit hole??

28 minutes ago, Trillian said:

"efforts must still be made to prevent crime and curb the spread of the virus".

I don't know how you do that without exerting some form of control, but I'm certain the experts here know better.

I underlined 'control' purposely.....

Surely even you might possibly be able to interpret that, & understand what appears to be happening: Or not?

Just now, faraday said:

I underlined 'control' purposely.....

Surely even you might possibly be able to interpret that, & understand what appears to be happening: Or not?

I'm possibly not as experienced in Thailand as you and I'm not a mind reader either, neither do I understand your significance of an unlined word in what appears to be a single word sentence! But if I take the article in isolation I don't see the issue. But there again I'm not an anti-police, anti-government, pro-conspiracy theorists etc etc.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4