B10 Diesel- Vehicle compatability

sungod

Can you look up some information on the official Toyota website. At 15 years old , id say you cant use without some fuel system modifications. The cost of this wont deem the car scrap , but id try using Shell V-Power only , with a yearly dose of fuel system cleaner and a fuel filter change. Many vehicles are going to face the same problems with Palm oil being added to diesel.

2 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Can you look up some information on the official Toyota website. At 15 years old , id say you cant use without some fuel system modifications. The cost of this wont deem the car scrap , but id try using Shell V-Power only , with a yearly dose of fuel system cleaner and a fuel filter change. Many vehicles are going to face the same problems with Palm oil being added to diesel.

Thanks, it annoying as the truck is in great nick.

23 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Slight adjustment maybe needed but usually an ECU will adjust fueling for the motor.

Our Isuzu is nearly 3 years old runs on B10 OK didn't adjustment. 

3 years old is new ????

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sungod said:

I googled a couple of fuel producers, PTT and Esso, both said it was OK. Then I popped into Toyota this morning they said its not OK.

Confusing. Any ideas when regular diesel is being discontinued?

Is your model not covered in the link I sent? I would either go with the info there or check with headoffice / official publication rather than a local dealer.

My car won't take B10 officially although at forums I see people reporting no issues after using it exclusively for 50K miles up. I have no idea when B7 will be phased out but when it does I will switch to 100% Premium Diesel (for now I alternate it with B7). In any case I see better mileage and better performance with the premium (especially from Esso) so I'm OK with that.

• Like 1

It is covered in the link thanks, just confused at Toyota this morning who said no. Suppose they are covering their a$s.  I had a look around this morning and still see places selling B7 so will switch stations until that dries up too. After that, similar to you,  I will use B10 and flush through with premium every few tanks. If fuel efficiency it is increased, then maybe it will offset the cost a little.

Still a lot of cars out there that are 'incompatible' , many owned by the poorer. Cant see them buying Premium due to the cost. It will be down to the producers to ensure it does work I guess.

• Like 1

Got this from Shell, still waiting to hear from Toyota;

I checked with our technical team, he informed that the car was manufactured since 1995 can be use but some series are not good, its better way to check with your car brand customer service (Toyota call center) to confirm again.

On 6/20/2020 at 12:42 AM, ICECOOL said:

I was told it would cost 2500 baht to convert my 2011 Dmax 

After much contradictory advice I found a good dealer who looked up directives from Isuzu HO. The conversion you reference for around that price would enable my 2015 Dmax to run on B20 which is about 3 baht litre cheaper. 

17 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

MG told me that my 2019 Extender is okay to run on B10, but suggest that I put in one tank of Premium every 4-5 tanks of B10.

You would hope so on a 1 year old car! ????

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 9:24 AM, thequietman said:

Any links for the Ford Ranger?  Mines 11 years old, and only done 111K.

Thanks for any assistance. ????

I have one of the first ones, bought in dec1999 (in it's 21st year). I used B20 and B10, around 5th tanks now. No problems. and actually, cold start is better. Driving= the same

besides all the recommendations: Gasohol is known to dry out rubber (the ethanol part, that is) and therefore You can get leaks if you use an old car with natural rubber hoses. Diesel, on the otherhand, is a lot less problematic. No alcohol. I do not see what could be the problem. I assume the diesel at pumps are particle free, so filters are not clogged.

• 3 months later...

I have a 2011 Ford Ranger which has the 2.5 liter common rail engine with turbo. My local Ford dealer where I bought this truck told me not to use biodiesel in any of there truck models older than 2017. But PPT keeps telling me that I can use either B7 or B10. Where can I get the the definative answer from Ford Company because it seems that each Ford dealer has a different opinion. We are now burning B7 because here in Chiang Khan there no longer diesel which is now B10. I don't mind filling with premium once every 3 or 4 tanks but for my trips to Phuket the fuel cost with Premium makes the trip to Phuket about 30% higher cost. Burning B10 would be great if Ford would agree!

My Ford dealer is saying that all their vehicles 2017 and newer are designed to burn B10. PTT is saying from 2011. There must be someone at Ford that can clarify this discrepancy. But now the issue is B7 which I can use in my area. I am still waiting for an answer for B7.

1 hour ago, thaisail said:

I have a 2011 Ford Ranger which has the 2.5 liter common rail engine with turbo. My local Ford dealer where I bought this truck told me not to use biodiesel in any of there truck models older than 2017. But PPT keeps telling me that I can use either B7 or B10. Where can I get the the definative answer from Ford Company because it seems that each Ford dealer has a different opinion. We are now burning B7 because here in Chiang Khan there no longer diesel which is now B10. I don't mind filling with premium once every 3 or 4 tanks but for my trips to Phuket the fuel cost with Premium makes the trip to Phuket about 30% higher cost. Burning B10 would be great if Ford would agree!

Have a look here: https://www.doeb.go.th/data/bio/totalB10update.pdf

This list is purportedly made by the Department of Energy together with manufacturer's input.

I found in the list this mode:

FORD Ranger P4AT EURO3 TDCi (Turbo Diesel Direct Injection) 2011-2013 . It's marked as OK for B10 and not ok for B20.

Btw, there is no 100% diesel anymore in Thailand, lowest Bio ratio is 7% (that includes Premium which are B7 + additives).

Edited by rambling
  • Like 2