B10 Diesel- Vehicle compatability

sungod

15 hours ago, rambling said:

Have a look here: https://www.doeb.go.th/data/bio/totalB10update.pdf

This list is purportedly made by the Department of Energy together with manufacturer's input.

I found in the list this mode:

FORD Ranger P4AT EURO3 TDCi (Turbo Diesel Direct Injection) 2011-2013 . It's marked as OK for B10 and not ok for B20.

Btw, there is no 100% diesel anymore in Thailand, lowest Bio ratio is 7% (that includes Premium which are B7 + additives).

My wife called Ford ( WT 2013 2.2L) and asked, they said B10 okay.

If we want to use B20 we need to install an extra/special filter.

I will have to check again and ask about this special filter.

Currently running 1st tank-full of B10 and haven't noticed any differences in power.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/18/2020 at 11:10 AM, sungod said:

I googled a couple of fuel producers, PTT and Esso, both said it was OK. Then I popped into Toyota this morning they said its not OK.

Confusing. Any ideas when regular diesel is being discontinued?

Yup, buy from us, of course its ok.... so................   when Toyota said not ok, whats their SOLUTION?

On 10/23/2020 at 10:34 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

My wife called Ford ( WT 2013 2.2L) and asked, they said B10 okay.

If we want to use B20 we need to install an extra/special filter.

I will have to check again and ask about this special filter.

Currently running 1st tank-full of B10 and haven't noticed any differences in power.

We switched to B-10 on our 2011 Ford Ranger Wildtrak with a 2.5 liter engine. We saw no difference in power but we burn 3 liters more per 1000 km. We switched back to B7 now. As soon as we refill I will report if we got back our usual fuel economy of 8.5 liters per 100 km.

16 minutes ago, thaisail said:

We saw no difference in power but we burn 3 liters more per 1000 km.

I assume you mean 100km. That would be a lot.

My 2010 Navara seems to have a better acceleration on B10, though that maybe just a false impression, and I don't see any decrease in mileage.

Navara is not really mileage friendly anyway, as I have since new used about 10 Liter per 100 km, but is faster than most other pickups

On 6/18/2020 at 11:23 AM, rambling said:

I have no idea when B7 will be phased out

It's only recently arrived in Esso with me, Toyota Pre-Runner 15 yo shows no problems with B7, in fact maybe minor improvement in performance, used B10 before it disappeared off the forecourt a few years ago, again could not detect any effects in performance or otherwise.

19 minutes ago, Susco said:

I assume you mean 100km. That would be a lot.

My 2010 Navara seems to have a better acceleration on B10, though that maybe just a false impression, and I don't see any decrease in mileage.

Navara is not really mileage friendly anyway, as I have since new used about 10 Liter per 100 km, but is faster than most other pickups

No I mean 3 liters per 1000 km or 0.3 liters per 100 km