BANGKOK

I loved KSR before the Thais took over in the late 90s.

• Like 2

KSR is a backpackers delight .... dreadlocks and all the trimmings. Probably won't be the same from here on in. Cheap hotel rooms and second hand pool bars blasting Bob Dylan and the zombies. 

Not everyone's scene, I took a cab over to check it out 25 yrs ago ..... i got outta the cab ... took one look and got back in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

8 minutes ago, 2long said:

I socially distance myself from your unprecedented comment. 🤭

*Bumps 2long's fist

• Like 1

Just a general thought: What happened to all those public web-cams?

There was a time when lots of public web cams were in lots of places and it was easy to see on the internet live what was going on in those places.

Do many of these public web-cams still exist? That would be a perfect way to see "personally" what is going on.

• Like 1

Yeah, my SO went through a phase of getting her hair plaited there, with extensions, I'd spend my time browsing through the bookshops, those backpackers certainly had eclectic tastes, and just drinking and enjoying the spectacle at that bar that was behind the temple. We'd usually end up drinking a margarita at a cocktail bar before taking the bus home, or getting a pizza and a bottle of red wine. Need to go back sometime, though I fear it's lost its charm. Nice memories for sure.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, steven100 said:

KSR is a backpackers delight .... dreadlocks and all the trimmings. Probably won't be the same from here on in. Cheap hotel rooms and second hand pool bars blasting Bob Dylan and the zombies. 

Not everyone's scene, I took a cab over to check it out 25 yrs ago ..... i got outta the cab ... took one look and got back in. 

I got off deh bus about 28 years ago. Took one look, went to deh Buddy guesthouse...stayed there for about two weeks before moving up to Chiangmai. One of the best two week parties I ever had.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, UPDEHSOI said:

I got off deh bus about 28 years ago. Took one look, went to deh Buddy guesthouse...stayed there for about two weeks before moving up to Chiangmai. One of the best two week parties I ever had.

did you meet some barefoot hippies with dreadlocks and silver rings in every part of their body, and they have clothes that resemble a potato sack with holes cut for the arms and were they all smoking marajuana. If that's what you saw then you were definitely at KSR. 

Edited by steven100
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3