Father shot by 19 year old youth - it was all over asking for a cigarette

webfact

Father shot by 19 year old youth - it was all over asking for a cigarette

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTYzNy84MTg2NzQyLzFyZy5qcGc=.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that Samut Songkhram police had charged a 19 year old man with attempted murder and weapons offences after a 45 year old man was shot and grievously injured in the Lat Yai area on Monday. 

In custody is Noppadon. A 9 mm gun was taken into evidence. 

"Big" the 17 year old son of Sayan, 45, said that Noppadon had asked him for a cigarette.

He refused to give him one saying why don't you smoke your own. 

This resulted in a fight between the two young men. The younger boy's father came to sort out the problem. 

But an argument developed in which Noppadon alleged that the older man pulled out a gun to threaten him. 

He responded by pulling out his own 9 mm weapon and shooting at his friend's father who is now in hospital. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-17

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Sounds like Tombstone in 1867. First of all, I think his name "Big" was altogether incorrect. There appears to have been nothing big about this creep. Second the headline suggests the boy shot his father. That is incorrect. Third, why on earth would you ever start a fight with someone over a cigarette? Punks itching for a fight? 

Though it is a massive generalization, I think the vast majority of Thai people are way immature for their age. And many men are emotionally undeveloped, and really just 13 year olds, who look like adults. There is something about this society that does not allow most people to grow up with an understanding of themselves. I think face has something to do with it. The utter refusal to take responsibility for one's actions and the unwillingness to "own" a situation, and man up when you screw up. That and the inability to question people, and situations. And the subsequent lack of curiosity. It is all a perfect storm, when it comes to preventing alot of people from becoming well developed human beings, with communication skills, and the tools needed to conduct meaningful relationships, and resolve issues and problems. 

Biggus Dikuss may have been his real name

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Third, why on earth would you ever start a fight with someone over a cigarette? Punks itching for a fight?

Nicotine withdrawal is a bitch - understood by all smokers. I saw a fair bit of intimidating behaviour in the UK around people bumming smokes...

It's one of the best features of quitting  1. Not being <deleted> off when I have no smokes and being refused if I lower myself to asking someone else to give me one and 2. Not having bums asking me to give them one.

I'm happy to see I wasn't the last to switch - I see very little smoking since people took up vaping.

8 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I dislike people who call themselves "Big". It seems so immature.

Where does it say he called himself "Big"? It is probably his nickname - given to him by his parents just like those who are named A, B, D, E, I, M, O, Chicken, Pig, Golf, Frog, Mouse, Apple, Dew and countless other nicknames that might not make sense to you but are just normal for Thai people.

10 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

I thought the yanks had that distinction.

Americans don't shoot people over cigarettes.

We choke them.

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Sounds like Tombstone in 1867. First of all, I think his name "Big" was altogether incorrect. There appears to have been nothing big about this creep. Second the headline suggests the boy shot his father. That is incorrect. Third, why on earth would you ever start a fight with someone over a cigarette? Punks itching for a fight? 

Though it is a massive generalization, I think the vast majority of Thai people are way immature for their age. And many men are emotionally undeveloped, and really just 13 year olds, who look like adults. There is something about this society that does not allow most people to grow up with an understanding of themselves. I think face has something to do with it. The utter refusal to take responsibility for one's actions and the unwillingness to "own" a situation, and man up when you screw up. That and the inability to question people, and situations. And the subsequent lack of curiosity. It is all a perfect storm, when it comes to preventing alot of people from becoming well developed human beings, with communication skills, and the tools needed to conduct meaningful relationships, and resolve issues and problems. 

Spoken like an educated man who has spent a lot of time working with Thai and living in Thailand. 

It explains much of what I experienced when living in Thailand. 

• Thanks 1