Insurance company honours B1mn payment for Phuket COVID-19 death

webfact

By The Phuket News

1592370841_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana (centre, pink shirt) stands beside Phiyathida Taosritrakul as she receives the B1mn insurance claim payment at Phuket Provincial Hall yesterday (June 16). Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: The daughter of a 63-year-old woman who died from COVID-19 in Phuket in April has received B1 million from the insurance company that her mother had a COVID-19 health coverage with.

The daughter, Phiyathida Taosritrakul, received the B1mn claim payment at Phuket Provincial Hall yesterday (June 16).

Present for the handover were Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana and Office of the Insurance Commission (OIC) Phuket Chief Theerasak Mesa, along with Dhipaya Insurance Phuket manager Decho Phonpruk, who presented the payment.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/insurance-company-honours-b1mn-payment-for-phuket-covid-19-death-76418.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-06-17

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

It's sad times when an insurance company paying a valid claim makes the headlines !

They are conditioning the country to pirchase their new product, which offers insurance against your original insurance not paying valid claims.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/17/2020 at 10:44 PM, NeoDinosaw said:

The amount clearly visible on the check suggests that is for only 1 million  ..........................

Your point is ???

The policy covered a pay out of 1 mil baht and thats what she got 

• Like 2

On 6/17/2020 at 12:47 PM, Thaiwrath said:
On 6/17/2020 at 12:40 PM, webfact said:

It's sad times when an insurance company paying a valid claim makes the headlines !

Maybe it's for the benefit of the the majority of Thaivisa whingers (not you, of course) who frequently claim that insurers do not pay out on valid claims!...

"They are conditioning the country to pirchase their new product, which offers insurance against your original insurance not paying valid claims". (Mick501)

See what I mean?

It's also good, free PR for this insurer.

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Sad 2

On 6/17/2020 at 5:50 PM, Mick501 said:

They are conditioning the country to pirchase their new product, which offers insurance against your original insurance not paying valid claims.

It's odd that the people who say that sort of thing can never come up with one example of an insurer that refused to pay out on a  confirmed, valid claim.

On 6/17/2020 at 10:44 PM, NeoDinosaw said:

The amount clearly visible on the check suggests that is for only 1 million  ..........................

And the article clearly states that the amount was B1,000,000, as shown on the cheque.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

27 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Maybe it's for the benefit of the the majority of Thaivisa whingers (not you, of course) who frequently claim that insurers do not pay out on valid claims!...

"They are conditioning the country to pirchase their new product, which offers insurance against your original insurance not paying valid claims". (Mick501)

See what I mean?

Says much about you that you think it's normal that an insurance company publicises that it actually paid a claim for death, and exploited the family in their time of grief.   Says very, very much about you that you think this is ok.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Mick501 said:
39 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

See what I mean?

Says much about you that you think it's normal that an insurance company publicises that it actually paid a claim for death, and exploited the family in their time of grief.   Says very, very much about you that you think this is ok.

Really?  What does it say about me? 

By the way, I didn't say that I thought it was normal.

"Exploited the family"?  Do you know the family, did they not happily agree to the presentation?

That you stated this and cannot back it up says a lot more about you, I'd suggest....

"They are conditioning the country to pirchase their new product, which offers insurance against your original insurance not paying valid claims".

Edited by Bob A Kneale