5 year D/L renewal - now elearning website?

2 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Same for me just add 4 zero plus the PP#.It worked for me.

But were you able to edit your profile after setting one up? I wasn't able to change the ID number but could change other fields. ????

1 minute ago, 2long said:

But were you able to edit your profile after setting one up? I wasn't able to change the ID number but could change other fields. ????

I suggest you take a deep breath and start again. Instead of the Thai ID number use your PP# with zeros. Mine needed 4 zeros. The DL# is the number at the top of your current license. That's what I did.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I think it's going to be the DLT staff.

Someone else earlier said they added just their passport number (not 13 digits) and it let them in. I did the same.

Looks like from what you said I need to precede my passport number with 0s to make it thirteen digits, despite the fact my passport number (ID No) on my D/L is only nine digits with no preceding 0s.

The system won't let me edit those digits though.

I'm guessing that's why it sees me as a new driver.

That was me earlier. I've just tried on my phone and it's completely different. On the phone, as well as ID it asks for licence number, date of issue and expiry, which I didn't get at all on my laptop. So it's given me more course options to choose from on the phone. Very confusing. The whole set-up is completely different between my laptop and phone. I did the 4 zeros on the phone but I guess it can go by the DL# as well?

Edited by KhaoNiaw

33 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

That was me earlier. I've just tried on my phone and it's completely different. On the phone, as well as ID it asks for licence number, date of issue and expiry, which I didn't get at all on my laptop. So it's given me more course options to choose from on the phone. Very confusing. The whole set-up is completely different between my laptop and phone. I did the 4 zeros on the phone but I guess it can go by the DL# as well?

Questions, questions!

How do you get it on your phone?

Is directly via the same website as on a PC, and logging on with an existing account - is that when you have more options, or is there an app (I have Android)?

Then do I have to sign up again, or login using the app with the PC account login?

Thanks.

The whole damned video is in Thai.  I used my Google Translate Camera on my phone to look at the pre=test 5 questions, 5 out of 5.  Just letting the damned Video run now......Anyone sat through the whole e-learning course?

17 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Questions, questions!

How do you get it on your phone?

Is directly via the same website as on a PC, and logging on with an existing account - is that when you have more options, or is there an app (I have Android)?

Then do I have to sign up again, or login using the app with the PC account login?

Thanks.

I just went directly to the website, no app. Scroll down the page and fill in the details and choose the course at the bottom. It hasn't created an account but takes you straight in. I've been out and back and my details are retained. Completely different to doing it on the computer with the same URL.

Edited by KhaoNiaw

6 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I just went directly to the website, no app. Scroll down the page and fill in the details and choose the course at the bottom. It hasn't created an account but takes you straight in. I've been out and back and my details are retained. Completely different to doing it on the computer with the same URL.

Did you create an account on your PC before you did this, and if so did you use the same email, etc?

What browser do you use on your mobile to translate to English, or don't you?

Is it not the DLT smart queue app?the e learning one is for learning. My missus went to the office but was told she had to make appointment on the app. But the on the app we can't get into the renewals until July. 

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Did you create an account on your PC before you did this, and if so did you use the same email, etc?

What browser do you use on your mobile to translate to English, or don't you?

I did create an account earlier but only got the temporary licence option. On the phone, it's not asked me to login or give any contact details. From the instructions it looks like it's going to ask for that after I've watched the video. I haven't done that yet so I'm not sure how that stage will work exactly. I don't use any English translation.

5 minutes ago, mrloy99 said:

Is it not the DLT smart queue app?the e learning one is for learning. My missus went to the office but was told she had to make appointment on the app. But the on the app we can't get into the renewals until July. 

It's not the queue app. This is to actually go through the video step of renewal online. My experience of the queue app is that it will only take Thai IDs? There's a passport tab that doesn't work. I haven't tried the 4 zero trick with that though.

12 minutes ago, mrloy99 said:

I've just d/l the Android version.

First thing it asks is default language - Thai or English. Great!

Second question: Login by: Thai Citizen ID or Passport ID.

The only one it will let you choose is - guess - Thai Citizen ID.

Pah!

9 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

It's not the queue app. This is to actually go through the video step of renewal online. My experience of the queue app is that it will only take Thai IDs? There's a passport tab that doesn't work. I haven't tried the 4 zero trick with that though.

Thought you said it took you to temporary license? 

14 minutes ago, mrloy99 said:

Thought you said it took you to temporary license? 

That was on PC for the dltelearning website. Not the the queue app. Or is that what the queue app is for? As I said I couldn't get into the queue app with passport number so I haven't tried the app. On the phone I've gone directly to the website without using an app.

Edited by KhaoNiaw

23 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Nah, that won't work as tapping on the Passport ID button does absolutely nothing at all - it goes nowhere.

The definitive answer regarding online registration. Well it's the answer for today anyway and as long as you're in Udon.

Went to the sub-branch at AEK Udon to really only try to find out how to register, watch the video and how to proceed.

My wife asked them how to find the video on the website. The staff said it was there, and looked at me as if I was crazy when I said there was no link to it.

They gave us a slip of paper with a QR code on it and said to scan it. Scanned it and went straight to the website and to register for 5 year renewal.

My wife filled in the details. It wouldn't process the details. Three times my wife asked the staff what might be wrong.

Eventually they discovered it wouldn't accept my mobile phone number. They had to ask her who my service provider was - AIS - then changed something and it was OK. She didn't enter the number wrongly, for sure.

So if you're playing this game at home, looks like you'll get the opportunity to pull your hair out.

When the application was processed and cleared (a couple of minutes) the system took her to the elusive video.

They told her to sit down (outside where it's noisy) and watch it. There were eight or ten other people in exactly the same situation.

My wife knew there would be three questions to answer during the video. It was exactly one hour long.

I could hardly hear it, (not great hearing), too many other people gassing and vehicles going past, plus it was in Thai.

At least when the video used to be shown in a closed room you had the chance to concentrate and I could understand most of it.

Questions popped up on the screen while the guy was unrelentingly waffling on.

Now I'm just surmising this part: I'm sure it can't be the same questions nationwide every day?

Either it's luck which different video you are presented with, or if they were really on the ball (ha ha) perhaps different questions pop-up during the same video. I did notice the presenter kept giving data out every now and then.

In case it is the same video and questions everyday, here's the answers:

Q1 tick box 1. Q2 tick box 3. Q3 tick box 1.

(Q3: How often should you check your rear view mirror? A: Every 4-8 seconds!)

After the video finished the system sends a pass/fail message to the DLT. No code required to show/print out.

Originally when she phoned yesterday, they gave my wife the impression it could take days to do it.

Well, after my wife passed the test for me, we went home with a two new licences after waiting about half an hour.

The other thing I wanted to do was get my name in Thai as well as English on the licence. I've seen copies of ferangs D/L who have managed to do it.

My wife asked. They dismissed it out of hand. I said you could do it.

First staff member: 'Ask inside then'.

Second staff member: 'No.' I said it was possible. Guy said that ferangs could only have it in English, not Thai.

We asked a third person who said the same.

I got <deleted> of (while smiling) and said I had phoned the DLT in Bangkok and they said any office could do it.

It was a blatant lie. The guy then said that you had to do it at the main Udon DLT office in Nongsamrung.

Interesting how when they don't know, they won't admit thety don't know , but deny that it's possible. When told it is, then make up another lie about why they can't do it.

Anyway, my wife was getting pretty fed up, as we thought we originally were going to be there ten minutes and it was over two hours. She told them to print it normally. Oh well.

Oh, the QR code for the registration & video - see below.

DLT-elearning.png

Edited by bluesofa
  • Like 2

Both my 5 year licences expired in April.

Last Monday I went to the local DLT office to enquire about the procedure to renew. I went to the reception desk (now outside) and a very pleasant lady asked me if I'd done the eLearning (No). According to her, this only verifies your status so as not have to sit through the video (social distancing). Appointments have to be made on a different app.

She just gave me an appointment slip of paper to return next week to do the 3 tests and get my licences. According to her, they're bypassing the video (for farangs) who don't understand Thai! Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Required:

Old licences.

Yellow tabien baan + 2 copies.

Passport / I.D.Card + 2 copies.

Application form x 2  (This form is in Thai so she fills it in and you just sign it)

Shekels!

Be there by 8.30am

Tip: Don't renew until they have run out by a day or so ... Then you'll get 5 full years + up to your birthday, so in effect nearly 6 years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'm guessing by the sad-faced emojis you wanted a 5 year renewal?

????????????????no now that would have been annoying ,,,I let my license expire 3 years ago so now I have to start at the beginning again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, taninthai said:

I let my license expire 3 years ago so now I have to start at the beginning again.

If you have a licence from another country they will  most likely let you "convert it to a Thai licence  only need to do the eyesight and reaction tests.

4 minutes ago, taninthai said:

tightened all the rules about 18 months ago

Well that's not good news ! 

can I ask what (home) country licence you tried to convert and in which Thai province they refused.

After watching around 6 hours of videos over 3 days and answering questions,,,,I now have my online training certificate????????????????....of to dlt next week????.....anyone know how to book appointment in advance??????

Edited by taninthai

On 6/18/2020 at 3:44 PM, bluesofa said:

http://dltelearning.com/   applying for a new temporary licence and the seven-odd-hours training.

https://dlt-elearning.com/   takes you to the 5 year licence renewal application.

I have an EU car driving license and an International Driving Permit. I want to use it to get a Thai license, and additionally get a Thai license for motorbike. Do I have to go through the 7-hours e-learning?

On 6/23/2020 at 9:45 AM, taninthai said:

After watching around 6 hours of videos over 3 days and answering questions,,,,I now have my online training certificate????????????????....of to dlt next week????.....anyone know how to book appointment in advance??????

Check the website for your provincial DLT. Mine was a walk in without appointments. Some do some don't.