Residence certificate

warcy

15 hours ago, elektrified said:

Fee for expedited processing no longer available.

Presumably if you are living with your wife (like me) said wife needs to accompany me with her blue book, ID, etc and complete a form stating that I live with her right?

Anything else needed besides my passport and work permit?

4 hours ago, stament said:

Presumably if you are living with your wife (like me) said wife needs to accompany me with her blue book, ID, etc and complete a form stating that I live with her right?

Anything else needed besides my passport and work permit?

Seems like they don't want things like that anymore. I provided my rental contract and the girl said they don't need it anymore. All residence info is referenced from the TM-30 in the computer database (which you must provide a copy of).

Edited by elektrified
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CMMCB said:

You just need to ask. I did this week. Next day 500 baht.

I did ask and was told that the service is no longer available. My wife dropped by the next morning with 500 Baht and the girl told her that they can no longer accept it. Something about being "watched".

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, elektrified said:

I did ask and was told that the service is no longer available. My wife dropped by the next morning with 500 Baht and the girl told her that they can no longer accept it. Something about being "watched".

Changing from day to day obviously. Who'd a thunk it? 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 9:03 AM, Pilotman said:

It's a scam, perpetrated by the Thais, when they can be bothered, which is not always the case. to make you think you are welcome and have long term residency here, neither is true. Oh and you can't use it for anything useful to you. 

Others can be more precise, but that is what it appears to be to me. 

I used my yellow book for getting a new driver's license. 

It  was very useful for me also as I needed it to get Thai citizenship. 

12 hours ago, Neeranam said:

12 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I wouldn't want Thai citizenship if they gave it away with my morning Cornflakes. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CMMCB said:

I forgot to mention some small changes to the application requirements. Seems they don’t need any lease or landlord info any more, but do need a copy of the most recent 90-day receipt. 

772A3C51-93EC-4662-BC5D-B80C2EC60547.jpeg

Thanks for the update, interesting.......  I went a couple of weeks back and required the blue book, etc.....  I'm all for making things easier.

On 3/21/2021 at 5:26 PM, Yorkshire Tea said:

I was told "30 work days" which including Songkran, other holidays & weekends, would mean getting it mid May ????

It used to be 2 weeks a few years ago. It seems that they are getting lazier or want people to go to agents for faster next-day delivery.

Actually it's more than 30 work days because they will send it by mail and slow mail takes several days. I received mine after around 5 weeks.

I've seen the young lady chit-chatting with the staff there several times, it tells of her attitude.  She can speak good English though unlike most of the staff there.

When Big Joke was the head, it was more efficient and 'cleaner'.

Edited by EricTh

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

It used to be 2 weeks a few years ago. It seems that they are getting lazier or want people to go to agents for faster next-day delivery.

I've seen the young lady chit-chatting with the staff there several times, it tells of her attitude.  She can speak good English though unlike most of the staff there.

When Big Joke was the head, it was more efficient and 'cleaner'.

It used to be a 10 minute wait, & free.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

It used to be a 10 minute wait, & free.

Correct, I remember the first one I got, she gave me the certificate and then asked for 500 Baht, I said thank you and walked off without paying telling her it's free. A couple of years later they asked for the 500 Baht before they would process it!! That's when I decided to get a "Yellow book".

On 4/3/2021 at 9:15 AM, pgthompson said:

Correct, I remember the first one I got, she gave me the certificate and then asked for 500 Baht, I said thank you and walked off without paying telling her it's free. A couple of years later they asked for the 500 Baht before they would process it!! That's when I decided to get a "Yellow book".

Do you need to own a condo to have a yellow book?

On 3/2/2021 at 2:54 PM, elektrified said:

Fee for expedited processing no longer available.

Incorrect. I got one a week ago, the girl said it would be 25 days. I said can I pay and get one quicker, she said yes come back tomorrow, 500bht paid, got the next day.

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2021 at 5:35 PM, Joseph98765 said:

ok! please let me know if they really ask you about envelope and stamp..if so, I will need to do it again... ????

Thanks!

Sorry for my late reply they charge you 10bht if you don't have the stamp and envelope luckily.  I'm sure this post is useless to you now due to my late reply, but maybe it will be useful for others who haven't been yet.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 2:01 PM, gamb00ler said:

I was just there today (Mar. 2, '21).  

I received my residence certificates (RC) from CM Imm. today (Apr.26,'21), 55 days after requesting them.  At least they were free.

I had asked for one RC for opening a bank account and one for registering a motorcycle.  It appears that the RC's I received are identical.  I cannot read Thai so I don't know exactly what they say.  My first request to CM Imm. for RC's was one for bank account and one for driver's license.  Those RC's included a statement of their purpose.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 4:29 PM, Yorkshire Tea said:

Have you received yours yet?  We both applied within days of each other, & mine hasn't turned up ????

Hi, I'm not at home but apparently a letter arrived for me and I believe it's my residency certificate.  I hope to return home in a few days so I will confirm then.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, stament said:

Hi, I'm not at home but apparently a letter arrived for me and I believe it's my residency certificate.  I hope to return home in a few days so I will confirm then.

Mine arrived this afternoon.  68 days since application!  Amazing Thailand...

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 3:33 PM, gamb00ler said:

I received my residence certificates (RC) from CM Imm. today (Apr.26,'21), 55 days after requesting them.  At least they were free.

I had asked for one RC for opening a bank account and one for registering a motorcycle.  It appears that the RC's I received are identical.  I cannot read Thai so I don't know exactly what they say.  My first request to CM Imm. for RC's was one for bank account and one for driver's license.  Those RC's included a statement of their purpose.

55 days (almost 2 months)? This is becoming ridiculous. It used to be 3-4 weeks (1 month).

Edited by EricTh

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

55 days (almost 2 months)? This is becoming ridiculous. It used to be 3-4 weeks (1 month).

Covid and public hols, 30 working days they told me and it was about right taking into Songkran and other holidays to be fair.

How long are the certificates valid for?

1 hour ago, stament said:

Covid and public hols, 30 working days they told me and it was about right taking into Songkran and other holidays to be fair.

How long are the certificates valid for?

It's only valid for one month on the date the certificate is issued and not the date that you receive it via post.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

It's only valid for one month on the date the certificate is issued and not the date that you receive it via post.

Not always.  Depends on person/agency receiving them.

• Sad 1