Uni student hurls acid at former girlfriend for rejecting him

webfact

Uni student hurls acid at former girlfriend for rejecting him

By The Nation

800_5f763ebc72d1825.jpg?v=1592382480

A student from a university in Songkhla was arrested on Wednesday (June 17) over charges of physical assault and possessing a fake gun after he splashed acid on his former girlfriend because she rejected him.

On Tuesday, the 18-year-old went to see his ex-girlfriend, 20, at around 10.30pm at her workplace to try and woo her back. They had broken up a month ago.

The woman, however, rejected his declaration of love, which infuriated the young man – and in that fury he splashed her with the acid he had bought online. His aim was to disfigure the woman who broke his heart.

After being put behind bars at Hat Yai police station, the man said he regretted his actions and wanted to apologise to his ex.

Doctors are still concerned about the victim’s condition and are keeping her in an isolation to protect her from infections.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389784

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-17

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Chassa said:

What sort of Acid?

What sort of Acid.......seriously??

looking at the photos (and their are 100s of them) I guess the sort that thrown in the face burns you----why what other sort is there?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chassa said:

What sort of Acid?

"The most common types of acid used in these attacks are sulfuric and nitric acid. Aqueous solutions of strongly alkaline materials, such as caustic soda (sodium hydroxide), are used as well, particularly in areas where strong acids are controlled substances."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_attack

1 minute ago, sanuk711 said:

Yer and it (the mad jealousy ) comes from both sex's......

That's exactly right. In the link above a study in Cambodia shows that the distribution of acid attack victims is 48.4% men and 51.6% women.

The first acid attacks recorded in the 19th century were by French women on other french women.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

After being put behind bars at Hat Yai police station, the man said he regretted his actions and wanted to apologise to his ex.

After trying to disfigure her by throwing acid.. bought online and taken to the meeting makes it pre-meditated, go to jail idiot, stay far away son, forget the belated apology, grow up and move on !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

"Scratch a lover find a foe" Dorothy Parker warned a while ago. This thin line between love and hate, I wonder why it is. How come love turns so easily to abject hatred?

Maybe it was never love, but likely an obsession. It feels like love, but this action to do harm has nothing to do with hate (IMO). Disfigurement has more to do with insecurity and the bubble popping on the obsession. (I want her/him and if I can't have them...)

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

After trying to disfigure her by throwing acid.. bought online and taken to the meeting makes it pre-meditated, go to jail idiot, stay far away son, forget the belated apology, grow up and move on !

But he has watched Thai lakorns, all will be ok.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

"The most common types of acid used in these attacks are sulfuric and nitric acid. Aqueous solutions of strongly alkaline materials, such as caustic soda (sodium hydroxide), are used as well, particularly in areas where strong acids are controlled substances."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_attack

TV guessing again!

3 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Maybe it was never love, but likely an obsession. It feels like love, but this action to do harm has nothing to do with hate (IMO). Disfigurement has more to do with insecurity and the bubble popping on the obsession. (I want her/him and if I can't have them...)

Who knows, but it's very common for two people who loved each other to then hate each other and want to harm each other. Thankfully acid attacks are relatively rare, but just think of the bitter divorce stories. It's quite often this change from love hate. Personally I think you have to really hate someone to want to harm them to this extent. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, samsensam said:

honestly, you think this is a joke? it's funny to you? pathetic.

There are many acids not just nitric and sulfuric, some nasty, some not!

When someone who made it all the way to University can do such a thing,

It becomes apparent that there is a problem in the upbringing of children here.

Hopefully not to the level of not having attained the level of a civilised country.

It is just that I have never heard of stories like this back home. Must be a reason...