Work permit questions.

I was issued with a wp teaching in Bangkok last December. Because of covid I lost my teaching hours in March however the school kept my wp running in the case the school was able to reopen in July. I wonder if I would be classified as "unemployed" during that period I have no work and therefore no income but still hold a valid wp? Should the school have cancelled my wp after I lost my teaching hours? Thanks for any replies.

Edited by johnny1966

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless the school terminated your employment your work permit and extension of stay is still valid.

Thank you. This is slightly unrelated but would the government in my home country need to be advised of my work permit status in Thailand? I don't know if I'm obligated to inform them. This is the first wp Ive had.

Edited by johnny1966

I want to change my job..my work permit is still available until November 2020,.I want to change my job on July 2020.. should I change my work permit? What document is needed from the old employer if I want to get the new work permit?

8 hours ago, Jefri said:

I want to change my job..my work permit is still available until November 2020,.I want to change my job on July 2020.. should I change my work permit? What document is needed from the old employer if I want to get the new work permit?

Step one is for your new employer to apply for your work permit to get a work permit application approval letter.

Then would you need to get a termination letter from your current employer stating the last day you will be working for them. Then on that date you could apply for a new extension of stay at immigration with supporting documents from you new employer and the work permit application letter. Then after you the extension is done your existing work permit would need to be canceled so that your new one can be issued.