Atlanta police officer charged with murder in shooting death of Rayshard Brooks

webfact

1 hour ago, loong said:

So what they are saying that if a suspect is running away and fires over his shoulder at officers in pursuit, the officers are not allowed to return fire??

I can't believe that! That would be totally ridiculous!

So does that also hold true when police are chasing a suspect in a vehicle and the suspect sticks a weapon out the window and shoots at the officers? The suspect is running away, so they cannot return fire in order to protect themselves? 

Please. You're setting up an obviously ridiculous straw man.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, loong said:

No, he didn't try, he succeeded.
He was running away and turned and fired the taser.

The pursuing officer saw the suspect point something at him (we don't know if he knew it was a taser or not), he saw the flash as the taser fired. Note that his gun was still holstered at this time. he took out his gun and returned fire.

No. He didn't fire the taser. Nor was he shot while pointing it. He was shot in the back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Proof about the kicking accusation. I know you hear about it same as me but no proof.

There are lots of cameras on the scene. And Rolfe's partner is cooperating with the investigation. So how do you know that there's no proof?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

If an officer says stop you stop. You don't steal his tazer that's asking for trouble.  Why not comply?  sorry he's dead but he sort of asked for it.

He complied for about 40 mins BEFORE the incident took place.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, mikebike said:

He complied for about 40 mins BEFORE the incident took place.

Good 40 minutes that shame he didn't continue. He was asleep, drunk and did not comply with police - would you do that?  can't keep blaming the Police but I am surprised he fired three shots but I guess the investigation will address it all.

• Like 1

Most of the police in Atlanta's police districts are not responding to calls tonight. Many have called in sick for the overnight shift. I expect the "Blue Flu" phenomena to expand across the country. What with several superspreader events coming up in the US and hostiities in Asia, should be some vibrant news cycles.

• Like 1

A thug is a thug regardless of race, color or creed.  Thugs lie, cheat, steal, loot, burn down stores, create an unsafe environment for all around. It does not matter where you come from.  Borish and thuggish behavior is reprehensible.  The term Thug is not racist in anyway.

Thug is a term for a violent, lawless person, especially a man.

The word was originally used in the 1800s as a name for members of a group of men in India said to be professional criminals and murderers. In this use, it is sometimes capitalized.

Since then, thug has come to have a more general meaning similar to its more old-fashioned synonym ruffian. The act of behaving as a thug is known as thuggery. The adjective form of thug is thuggish. In this sense, thug often refers to someone who acts as a bully or is a professional and violent criminal, as in The mafia sent hired thugs to intimidate store owners.

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, johnpetersen said:

"he sort of asked for it."

Nice try at having it both ways. What don't you understand about the fact that he was shot in the back from a distance of 5 meters while running away?

While shooting police with taser, shooting the police with a taser.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, loong said:

The pursuing officer saw the suspect point something at him (we don't know if he knew it was a taser or not), he saw the flash as the taser fired. Note that his gun was still holstered at this time. he took out his gun and returned fire.

Obviously the police forgot the bright yellow object was the taser just taken off them.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

I don't agree with the gun laws in that country at all, however what he did certainly did not show someone that was supposedly, ''never presented himself as a threat," "never displayed any aggressive behavior" and "did not pose an immediate threat of death or serious physical injury."

Actually the incident lasted almost an hour and he never presented a threat or was anything but respectful - for most part police were the same.  But senior police decided to make an arrest for DUI for something other officer had ordered him to do (move car to parking spot) when they knew (or should have known) he was not fit to drive (and spent almost an hour trying to prove it).  The only DUI they had observed was that 50 foot police ordered parking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually the incident lasted almost an hour and he never presented a threat or was anything but respectful - for most part police were the same.  But senior police decided to make an arrest for DUI for something other officer had ordered him to do (move car to parking spot) when they knew (or should have known) he was not fit to drive (and spent almost an hour trying to prove it).  The only DUI they had observed was that 50 foot police ordered parking.

That's a very good point. They probably should have assessed his sobriety before ordering him to drive at all. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, loong said:

Atlanta police officer charged with murder in shooting death of Rayshard Brooks 

What's the cop suppose to do? Wait till he get Shot/Killed. To late then, Can't shoot back when Badly Hurt /Dead. 

Never should've been charged . There won't be too many cops soon if they can't Protect /Defend themselves. 

From now on Have white cops and Black cops in the cop car . 

White cops to Deal White people/crims/problems. 

Black cops to Deal Black people/crims /problems    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nausea said:

It's just amazing police are still doing this sh#t after all the publicity on George Floyd. I'd be walking away and saying OK mate, do your thing. No way I'd risk my pension or life or liberty over some two-bit offence. The public can eat it up, you wanted a snowflake police force, OK now you've got it.

wait until this actually happens. 

how quickly the headline could of read. man kills entire family in drunken accident on the i90 including a 3 year old and a 6 month old. 

i wonder what public opinion would be then ? 

• Like 1