Ahead of Trump rally, coronavirus cases surge in Oklahoma, other states

webfact

10 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Odd to see this spike being blamed on Trump's rally that didn't even happen yet. Is it possible the abandoning of social distancing and lockdown by the communist/BLM revolters has been the cause of this spike instead? I'm sure after praising and supporting the violent protesters for 2 weeks mainstream media can not be so crass as to whinge when the President holds his rally, that would be too ridiculous for words. Let's see.

And those insisting on gathering in churches? 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Ketyo said:

A COVIDIOT is someone who puts his own ego ahead of the lives of thousands of people...like the orange buffoon in the Whitehouse.

Please extend the definition to include a person who puts their faith in one such.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/18/trump-says-some-wear-coronavirus-masks-to-signal-disapproval-of-him.html

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Please extend the definition to include a person who puts their faith in one such.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/18/trump-says-some-wear-coronavirus-masks-to-signal-disapproval-of-him.html

He’s Nutzo.

But I guess that’s answered the question ‘will attendees to his ego boosting Petri dish rallies be wearing masks’?’

Only if they want to send a message to their leader they will.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

The spike couldn't be because there's more testing being conducted? 

Not only have hospitalizations gone up, but the percentage of people being tested positive for having an active covid infection has gone sharply up in those states too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well seeing somee excited people getting ready to watch JC... urrr The Donald

and his rah rah team, I expect a good sized surge in the C virus to hit Trump

supporters. In Canada, you do not see such a large mob, just for a political

rally. I doubt we will see something like woodstalk again either.

Good Luck America.. I will watch in July to see when deaths jump over 200 thousand

heading for 300 thou befoe November.

Geezer

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bendejo said:

So, I'm seeing articles like this

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/06/14/trump-campaign-manager-says-800000-registered-for-tickets-to-tulsa-rallybut-the-venue-only-seats-19200/

Then went to the website where tickets are issued, and it was still possible to sign up. 

He said biggest data haul.  Draw your own conclusions on that.

Agree, both very telling statements.

4 minutes ago, bendejo said:

So, I'm seeing articles like this

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/06/14/trump-campaign-manager-says-800000-registered-for-tickets-to-tulsa-rallybut-the-venue-only-seats-19200/

Then went to the website where tickets are issued, and it was still possible to sign up. 

He said biggest data haul.  Draw your own conclusions on that.

Agree, both very telling statements.

Sorry about the double.

Edited by stevenl

23 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Good rally, encouraged and praised by MSM - no corona risk

Bad rally - stupid and dangerous for corona.

As  has been stated by others, all the rallies are foolish events. However, there is a significant difference in the attendee demographics. One group is young and less likely to suffer serious complications from Covid19. The other group is older,  more obese, and more likely to have chronic health conditions, all of which makes them more likely to suffer serious complications and death. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

As  has been stated by others, all the rallies are foolish events. However, there is a significant difference in the attendee demographics. One group is young and less likely to suffer serious complications from Covid19. The other group is older,  more obese, and more likely to have chronic health conditions, all of which makes them more likely to suffer serious complications and death. 

I saw live interviews and yes all of them are obese. Will that enthusiasm last after the virus is what I am wondering.

• Like 2

Some locals in Tulsa are suing to stop the rally from being held on the obvious grounds that it's a public health danger. Here's what the lawyer for the Arena said in defense of holding the event:

"Joseph Farris, an attorney for ASM Global, a Los Angeles-based company that manages the city-owned BOK Center, conceded that there were risks inherent in hosting such an event during a pandemic.

“We certainly agree that the CDC and other relevant medical experts believe that this type of event is ill advised,” Farris said. “No question about it."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/tulsa-arena-asks-trump-campaign-for-detailed-health-plan-as-oklahoma-supreme-court-hears-arguments-about-rally/2020/06/18/4e490308-b197-11ea-a567-6172530208bd_story.html

22 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

If I am a local in Tulsa, I will move out for 2 weeks. The danger to public health is just too real and inevitable. 19,000 cheering rally goers in an enclosed venue and a few more thousand outside and most will not wear mask. Droplets, aerosolized and surface transmission all over the place. When the rally over, they will patronized surrounding facilities and will further spread the virus and most will be untraceable. Every person who has the virus will pass it on to 2 to 2.5 others and even higher when one sick person can infect 4.7 to 6.6 others. The multiplying effect will be catastrophic. In 2 weeks time after the rally, we will know the full extent of this foolish gathering to just massage Trump's ego. 

Don'y worry. The infected BLM protest crowd will probably stay away. Good to see real campaigning start.  

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 8:25 AM, stevenl said:

"Odd to see this spike being blamed on Trump's rally that didn't even happen yet."

'ahead of the rally' means the rally is not being blamed. Why do you even post things like that that are clearly not true?

then why is it mentioned in the headline no less?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

then why is it mentioned in the headline no less?

Egads you're missing the point! 

The point is that it's massively irresponsible to hold such an indoor rally in a city where its known that infections are currently rapidly rising. 

A rally like this is throwing oil on a fire.