Ahead of Trump rally, coronavirus cases surge in Oklahoma, other states

webfact

2 minutes ago, Ronaldd said:

Look at the source, The far left BS New york times. The leader of FAKE news in the USA

Oh please. If the NY Times got the facts here wrong, the right wing press would be jumping all over this article. The article pointed out that so far no charges have been leveled against any so-called antifa members. Are you saying that's false?

15 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Whereas at the BLM protests there seems many black clad (antifa's favorite) uniformed punks present. In fact there were some BLM protesters that tried to stop them.

This is your idea of strong evidence? Or even weak evidence? A fashion statement? Because wearing all black is a very unpopular way of dressing among young people?

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Ronaldd said:

You are exactly right my friend. The Main stream Medea didn't give a dam about left wing protesters and anarchist marching together all over the USA not social distancing, no temp checks, no sanitizing hand, maybe half had mask on. The Truth is Trump rallies draws in many people. The one tomorrow had one million request to attend in a 20,000 capacity stadium. So Trump will have 2 rallies the first one with 20,000 the second one in a nearby arena that seats 40,000 . Trumps opponent Joe Biden is 78 years old and suffers from Dementia and cant string one sentence together without notes in front of his face. Biden rallies have 500 to 1000 people. No excitement for this guy but he leads in the polls because their are more on the left then the right in the USA. The left know if Trump is unleashed with rallies all over the USA he will destroy Demetria Joe . This is how democracy works in the USA

As usual, fake news! 

Plenty of information, in MSM you would qualify as "left wing", was about risk CV spread raised by protests. For example this one (from a long list I found with Google):

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/01/health/protests-coronavirus-spread-concerns/index.html

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Ronaldd said:

Its all about stopping Trump from doing rallies where he draws on the average 30,000 per rally. Joe Biden cant get 500 people into his rallies so now he just does incoherent podcast from the basement of his home

Fox News Poll: Voters say yes to face masks, no to rallies

Voters gave a thumbs-up to face masks and a thumbs-down to political rallies in the latest Fox News Poll. Eighty (80) percent have a favorable view of mask-wearers, including 89 percent of Democrats, 68 percent of Republicans, and 61 percent of those who strongly approve of President Trump’s job performance.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-voters-say-yes-to-face-masks-no-to-rallies

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2020 at 6:51 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

He’s Nutzo.

But I guess that’s answered the question ‘will attendees to his ego boosting Petri dish rallies be wearing masks’?’

Only if they want to send a message to their leader they will.

no, they won't be wearing masks.

mister trump has already declared them to be political statements.

"President Donald Trump said some Americans might wear face masks not as a way to prevent the spread of coronavirus but as a way to “signal disapproval of him.”"

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/18/trump-says-some-wear-coronavirus-masks-to-signal-disapproval-of-him.html

sure, trump added that some people fidget with and touch their masks, but that won't fit on the typical supporter's bumper sticker or handheld sign.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Ronaldd said:

Its all about stopping Trump from doing rallies where he draws on the average 30,000 per rally. Joe Biden cant get 500 people into his rallies so now he just does incoherent podcast from the basement of his home

A coronavirus outbreak during Trump's rally would have a positive impact on the Dem campaign. It will make it even easier for them to criticize and mock Trump.

The problem, as mentioned already by another poster, is that these people will then infect other people who had nothing to do with the rally. People who have the right to remain in good health.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, candide said:

A coronavirus outbreak during Trump's rally would have a positive impact on the Dem campaign. It will make it even easier for them to criticize and mock Trump.

The problem, as mentioned already by another poster, is that these people will then infect other people who had nothing to do with the rally. People who have the right to remain in good health.

Yes we want to win. 

But we don't want to see innocent people sacrificed. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Trump2020? I can't even imagine. ???? I can't even understand what you're doing in the USA. It's a big show while the world is wondering, laughing and crying. It must find an end and I hope without Trump in November. Hope you will be one day united again. 

22 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

CNN the most accurate source (sic) of news. You are sick!

12 minutes ago, candide said:

I was replying to a poster claiming that "The Main stream Medea didn't give a dam about left wing protesters and anarchist marching together all over the USA"

It is fake news! There were plenty of articles about it in MSM, including the "left wing" (lol) CNN.

If ever we need further confirmation of Pavlov's famous law, checkered flag just provided it.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

CNN the most accurate source (sic) of news. You are sick!

Yes. CNN bad! Especially the way they've provided distorted and dishonest reporting about what's going on in Seattle!

Fox News removes digitally altered, misleading photos of Seattle protest zone

Fox News has removed digitally altered photos from its website after the Seattle Times on Friday noted misleading images used in the network’s coverage about a Seattle neighborhood that’s become a protest center against police brutality and racial injustice.

As of Saturday, Fox News included an editors note posted at the top of at least three stories on its website covering the protest zone, saying it replaced a “home page photo collage” because it “did not clearly delineate between these images” and that it mistakenly included a St. Paul, Minnesota, photo in a slideshow about Seattle.

The Seattle Times reports Fox News’ website featured at least two photos on Friday that inserted an image of a man standing with a military-style rifle, and that there were no disclaimers on how they were manipulated when featured on the network’s website for most of the day Friday.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fox-news-removes-digitally-altered-misleading-photos-of-seattle-protest-zone-2020-06-14

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bendejo said:

Just did some math.  19,000 attendees, and half of them contact the the virus, and half those are over 50 and/or have certain chronic illnesses (like diabetes) the body count would be between 100 and 200. 

Do your own math, all the stats you need are on the net.

See ya in 2 weeks.

Based upon what science do you determine that 1/2 would catch the virus? and also of those by what science do you determine that of that 1/2 of those would be over 50 AND have chronic illnesses? I think these are fair questions for me to ask.

• Like 1

Some of the folks who are camping out to get front row seats were interviewed about their thoughts of the danger of virus and across the board, all ages folks said they're not wearing masks and they're not concerned one bit. 

Kum Bah Yah America......

Edited by EVENKEEL

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Some of the folks who are camping out to get front row seats were interviewed about their thoughts of the danger of virus and across the board, all ages folks said they're not wearing masks and they're not concerned one bit. 

Kum Bah Yah America......

The strong survive. The weak die. Sometimes that is the way it is. Life is not fair. Never was. Never will be. What if another virus comes next week? Or round two or round three? Another lock-down? There is no hiding.

2 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

The strong survive. The weak die. Sometimes that is the way it is. Life is not fair. Never was. Never will be. What if another virus comes next week? Or round two or round three? Another lock-down? There is no hiding.

Doesnt mean you have to run to the front of the queue to meet the grim reaper.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So the most ardent Trump supporters, his most passionate worshipers are not concerned about the virus. WOW, that blew me away!!

16 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

Based upon what science do you determine that 1/2 would catch the virus? and also of those by what science do you determine that of that 1/2 of those would be over 50 AND have chronic illnesses? I think these are fair questions for me to ask.

I agree that 1/2 contracting the virus seems high. But why do you replace and/ or with AND?

41 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

The CNN article is about the danger of spreading coronavirus due to protests. So you disagree with that?

We'll have to wait and see. If there is no significant spite in Covid19, it shows that stay at home was not necessary. Current data supports that older people, esp with preexisting conditions are increasingly vulnerable. whereas under 50 are less so. Therefore, stay at home was not necessary, but a sensible precaution at the beginning, when nothing was known. It appeared to me that Governors in blue states might be using the stay at home virus concerns, from having a recovering economy that benefits Trump. 

Of course older adults should receive appropriate protections. Co-mingling recovering covid19 patients with older adults in nursing homes (NY), is criminal in my view. 

Hospitals in the US have well established protocols to isolate infectious disease cases. Skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) specialized in long term or rehabilitation, but are normally not equipped for infectious diseases.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Doesnt mean you have to run to the front of the queue to meet the grim reaper.

Are you making the claim that going to a rally or not wearing a mask is going to result in ones death? Therefore one should sit at home, until when? Exactly? and how often should this be repeated? I would rather be at the front of the queue, as I said before, I would kick this virus to the curb. I would rather live life. You can sit at home if you like and wait for round two, or three.

1 minute ago, checkered flag said:

We'll have to wait and see. If there is no significant spite in Covid19, it shows that stay at home was not necessary. Current data supports that older people, esp with preexisting conditions are increasingly vulnerable. whereas under 50 are less so. Therefore, stay at home was not necessary, but a sensible precaution at the beginning, when nothing was known. It appeared to me that Governors in blue states might be using the stay at home virus concerns, from having a recovering economy that benefits Trump. 

Of course older adults should receive appropriate protections. Co-mingling recovering covid19 patients with older adults in nursing homes (NY), is criminal in my view. 

Hospitals in the US have well established protocols to isolate infectious disease cases. Skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) specialized in long term or rehabilitation, but are normally not equipped for infectious diseases.   

Where have you been?

Texas coronavirus hospitalizations spike 11 percent in single day

Texas hospitalizations reportedly jumped 11 percent from Tuesday to Wednesday.

Multiple states are seeing increases in coronavirus cases and hospitalizations.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/medical-advances/503348-texas-coronavirus-hospitalization-up-11-percent

Just now, Damual Travesty said:

Are you making the claim that going to a rally or not wearing a mask is going to result in ones death? Therefore one should sit at home, until when? Exactly? and how often should this be repeated? I would rather be at the front of the queue, as I said before, I would kick this virus to the curb. I would rather live life. You can sit at home if you like and wait for round two, or three.

So, does wearing a mask mean you have to sit at home? I thought masks were for when you went out.

19 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Where have you been?

Texas coronavirus hospitalizations spike 11 percent in single day

Texas hospitalizations reportedly jumped 11 percent from Tuesday to Wednesday.

Multiple states are seeing increases in coronavirus cases and hospitalizations.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/medical-advances/503348-texas-coronavirus-hospitalization-up-11-percent

so what? What are you advocating? Staying at home for another 6 months? I don't care how many cases there are. That is just people becoming immune, and stronger. I hope I get it and I'm over 60. I will survive. And if I didn't I am dead. A mosquito could give me dengue fever too. Or a car could hit me.

Edited by Damual Travesty
sp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1