BANGKOK
richard_smith237

Xarelto - Available in Thailand ?

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

So, is your Xarelto also subsidised in Norway? 

Yes same,  prescription needed, strict rules when it comes to medication here. 

So I cant just bring it with me next time I stay long term in Thailand. I just hope to avoid more of this, had some problems with my right leg for a couple of years after an injury.  I feel great now and hope it will last.  Been told to drink a lot of water, and eat healthy of course. 

12 minutes ago, balo said:

Yes same,  prescription needed, strict rules when it comes to medication here. 

So I cant just bring it with me next time I stay long term in Thailand. I just hope to avoid more of this, had some problems with my right leg for a couple of years after an injury.  I feel great now and hope it will last.  Been told to drink a lot of water, and eat healthy of course. 

Same here...  I’m glad it's available in Thailand. 

After a sports injury (nasty football tackle) 10 years ago I suffered a DVT and PE - I was on Warfarin then for 6 months. 

Last month I suffered another PE (only symptom was shortness of breath), the assumption is from a DVT, but the UK NHS didn’t want to investigate for DVT. I had no DVT symptoms, I was told its possible to have a DVT without knowing it. A CT scan confirmed PE. I’m on Xarelto medication for life now. 

I’ve read that one of the Covid-19 effects it susceptibility to Thrombosis. I don’t know if I’ve had an asymptomtic case of that or if lock-down lifestyle (too much booze, not enough exercise and not enough water) has lead to another PE (stats suggest 40% of recurrence within 10 years !).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its only about £10 for 60 tablets in the UK... but thats because its subsidised by the NHS.

So, is your Xarelto also subsidised in Norway? 

If not and if you can buy it over the counter, you may have found yourself a side business !!!! 

The not subsidized price in Western Europe is about 100 euro for 30 tablets of 20mg. Switzerland 100 CHF which is a bit cheaper.

Obviously,  rich people in Thailand are able to pay more than the Swiss. Crazy rich Asians. 

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A CT scan confirmed PE. I’m on Xarelto medication for life now. 

Sorry to hear that, I have been reading a lot about this lately, and really hope to avoid PE in the future. Xarelto is the way to go, and most people experience no side effects unlike Warfarin. 
If you need the medication for life and visit UK once a year maybe you could bring enough with you.  

4 hours ago, balo said:

Sorry to hear that, I have been reading a lot about this lately, and really hope to avoid PE in the future. Xarelto is the way to go, and most people experience no side effects unlike Warfarin. 
If you need the medication for life and visit UK once a year maybe you could bring enough with you.  

Thanks... The UK issues repeat prescriptions on a two month cycle.

Ultimately, I just have to take the hit and buy it in Thailand.

There has been news and reports of the effects of Covid-19 and one of them is additional susceptibility to Thrombosis....