Video: Beware of your shopping! "Fatty" on motorbike makes off with restaurant's Makro pork

webfact

Video: Beware of your shopping! "Fatty" on motorbike makes off with restaurant's Makro pork

.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

CCTV from outside a restaurant in Nakhon Pathom showed the moment a rotund individual on a motorcycle reached in to steal two ten kilogram packs of frozen pork from the back of a pick-up.

Wiran, 57, the owner of a Korean style BBQ pork restaurant in Ratchaburi said that he always stopped to eat at Pathom Potchana on his way back to his restaurant from Makro. 

Staff who showed him the CCTV footage reckoned this was not a professional thief, they probably thought the packages contained something more valuable. 

They also couldn't read as it was clearly written on the side what they were. 

Nakhon Pathom police are investigating the fatty who made off with the pork.

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-19

On the general topic of stealing, yesterday at Lotus just when I arrived I saw a man drive off with one of those green baskets and inside at DIY I could swear I saw a man stuff some small item from the computer aisle into his pocket. It made me wonder if theft is on the rise in general.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'd be more worried about a restaurant that allowed it's frozen pork to sit in the sun for an hour or two before being taken back and refrozen.

You probably shouldn't live in Thailand. This happens everywhere. And if a kilo of pork is dropped on the floor, do you think the struggling restaurant owner or especially his worker is going to toss that? Hell no. They might wash it before but they won't toss it. I bet a lot of pork or places where pork gets put is accidentally sprayed with bug killer. There's all sorts of shocking stuff still going on here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fruitman said:

Can anybody explain me why we have chilled delivery trucks in the West? 

Can anybody explain me [sic] why we have chilled delivery trucks in Thailand also but, just as in the West, we can also buy frozen items and we don't have to use chilled delivery trucks if we choose not to?

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'd be more worried about a restaurant that allowed it's frozen pork to sit in the sun for an hour or two before being taken back and refrozen.

Was about to write a similar comment. Will give that restaurant a miss If I ever get hungry in Ratchaburi.

7 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

On the general topic of stealing, yesterday at Lotus just when I arrived I saw a man drive off with one of those green baskets and inside at DIY I could swear I saw a man stuff some small item from the computer aisle into his pocket. It made me wonder if theft is on the rise in general.

I've spotted Shop Lifting on several occasions over the years in Supermarkets and at first i used to find a member of staff and point out who it was but the staff just don't seem to be able to find anyone who is supposed to 'deal with it' as they are not allowed to do anything without being told to themselves.  After a few times i gave up !

9 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

You probably shouldn't live in Thailand. This happens everywhere. And if a kilo of pork is dropped on the floor, do you think the struggling restaurant owner or especially his worker is going to toss that? Hell no. They might wash it before but they won't toss it. I bet a lot of pork or places where pork gets put is accidentally sprayed with bug killer. There's all sorts of shocking stuff still going on here.

And in all western countries as well.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Staff who showed him the CCTV footage reckoned this was not a professional thief, they probably thought the packages contained something more valuable. 

Why wouldn't he think it was pork? He might have been very hungry.

And this body shaming bs is ridiculous. If he wasn't fat, would it have been OK?

On 6/19/2020 at 7:44 AM, webfact said:

CCTV from outside a restaurant in Nakhon Pathom showed the moment a rotund individual on a motorcycle reached in to steal two ten kilogram packs of frozen pork from the back of a pick-up.

Wiran, 57, the owner of a Korean style BBQ pork restaurant in Ratchaburi said that he always stopped to eat at Pathom Potchana on his way back to his restaurant from Makro.

So this restaurant owner leaves the frozen pork on a pickup in the scorching midday heat, while enjoying his lunch?

Edited by StayinThailand2much

On 6/19/2020 at 11:37 AM, fruitman said:

Can anybody explain me why we have chilled delivery trucks in the West? 

We also have them here and they are used for delivering to retailers.  But you obviously think every single small independent restaurant should own their own refrigerated truck to go on a shopping run because that is what happens in the west, right??

You really do post some nonsense.