"Hey buddy, fancy some BBQ pork" - innocent greeting turns nasty in Hat Yai

webfact

3 hours ago, Stocky said:

Not really, probably about 25-30% of our population is Muslim. These people knew each other, so doubt it has anything to do with pork or religion.

I think it was meant as a joke.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Jin left the scene and then came back with five men in a Vios

It's as if these space wasters only live for occasions like this: "I had nothing better to do." "I was bored." "There was nothing interesting on TV." "I'm a natural born thug." "My penis makes all my decisions." "Consequences??? That's a biiig word, are you a egghead?"

Edited by klauskunkel

5 hours ago, Stocky said:

Not really, probably about 25-30% of our population is Muslim. These people knew each other, so doubt it has anything to do with pork or religion.

Nice bit of crackling in the spotted shorts. Not.

7 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

thailand start to become like the place/reason I left my home country for

It's so funny when people miss or dont see/hear about the rest of 90% of shootings and stabbing in Thailand as most of those news don't get published to thai visa/Bangkok post and always say "it's starting to become like USA/Europe" etc. When in fact it has always been like this and has actually decreased majorly all over Thailand.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 1Gringo said:

why do they refer to machetes as swords?

Translation. In this case it looked more like a samurai sword than a machete but hey, don't sweat the small stuff.

Edited by Catkiwi

12 hours ago, Stocky said:

Your population? All good mates get along so well then?

4 hours ago, digger70 said:

How do you know? You live in hat Yai?    No ? 

We do, get you're facts right.

Ok bro, what are the facts pray tell? Let all of us ignorant non-Hat Yai denizens become enlightened by your teachings...

8 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

thailand start to become like the place/reason I left my home country for

Don't let us stop you leaving if you don't like it here. What a bunch of bloody whiners have developed and invaded these shores of late!! How does that famous quote go...If you cant handle the heat in the kitchen, <deleted> off...or something along those lines ????

15 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

Translation. In this case it looked more like a samurai sword than a machete but hey, don't sweat the small stuff.

Looks like a Machete, but Thai cheap manufactured. Who cares really. That thing will do some serious damage even if the dingdong idiot doesn't know how to carve properly. 

10 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Looks like a Machete, but Thai cheap manufactured. Who cares really. That thing will do some serious damage even if the dingdong idiot doesn't know how to carve properly. 

Couldn't see the "Thai cheap manufactured" sticker. These imitation swords are readily available in markets etc. here and I do agree that they could inflict serious damage in the hands of any ting tong....

4 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

Couldn't see the "Thai cheap manufactured" sticker. These imitation swords are readily available in markets etc. here and I do agree that they could inflict serious damage in the hands of any ting tong....

Here in CM before C19, they had make shift side of the road stalls that sell them and a plethora of other types. They rust pretty fast and that makes them more lethal if you were to get hammered by one.

Edited by holy cow cm

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Here in CM before C19, they had make shift side of the road stalls that sell them and a plethora of other types. They rust pretty fast and that makes them more lethal if you were to get hammered by one.

I think that blood poisoning would be the least of your concerns if you had been unfortunate enough to have had your carotid artery severed, but anyway, yes, they were and still are widely available.

Just as an aside, my son in law back in NZ has a good display of these type swords, bought in a couple of different Thai markets, in their down stairs bar and they haven't started rusting after 12 years. 

1 hour ago, Catkiwi said:

Your population? All good mates get along so well then?

I've lived in Hat Yai for fifteen years so I consider it my home. Yes we do get along, don't know about "all good mate", but I've found it a pleasant city to live in and to raise a family. 

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, 1Gringo said:

why do they refer to machetes as swords?

Because they really are swords. They are used in gang warfare all the time.

Typical Thai short sword, notice the slim blade and relatively long handle/grip, as in the news pic:

Krabi-Krabong Thai Sword, Siam Swords, Thailand Dhaab Dha Daab ...

Typical Machete:

Elemental 18in Machete with Sheath - Tentworld

See culture/weaponry/popularity of "Krabi Krabong".

Krabi–krabong - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

Edited by Enoon

16 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Typical Thai short sword, notice the slim blade and relatively long handle/grip, as in the news pic:

Not as wieldy as a long sword.  Much easier to disembowel an opponent with the short sword, as long as you're quick on your toes.  

5 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

Ok bro, what are the facts pray tell? Let all of us ignorant non-Hat Yai denizens become enlightened by your teachings...

A little bit of genning up might enlighten one. Hat Yai is south, but the south is massive with the 'troubles' typically belonging to the deep, Muslim-majority south. There are more muslims in town than past years for sure (but not a majority), typically because the chilled ones have escaped the nutty ones farther south. 

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Police in downtown Hat Yai in the far south of Thailand were called after a 21 year old man was attacked with a two foot long sword. 

Pork... sword... mother, I was going to say something but I'll bet suspended.

10 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

You  tell us Sherlock, you're the one  telling the story .

You're the one that said the the majority are Muslims .

I Asked You to get you're Facts Straight Right? 

We down here Know the Facts . If you Don't . Don't Fake that you do. Just Shush. ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

We down here Know the Facts . If you Don't . Don't Fake that you do. Just Shush. ????

Nasty.

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

I wasn't going to reply but have just re read your reply and can't recall "telling the story" or mentioning anything about "the the majority of Muslims". I am not faking anything and resent you falsely quoting me in an attempt to make yourself look smarter than you are. Have a nice day down south Pal.

Edited by Catkiwi