I have a NON O multi arrive BKK march 12 th so 90 days was last week so now can stay till 31st July. My question is can I go next week to immigration and apply for a marrage extension would need to put the funds in the bank also next week.  Please advise it would be at Surin IO

To apply for a one-year extension, you need 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account for two months prior to the application. However, you can apply for a 60-day extension without financial proof, and then apply for the longer extension at the end of the shorter one.

12 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Wife (who must go with you), Thai marriage certificate (and a copy)

For a one year extension based on marriage, yes, your farang marriage license needs to be Thai certified via a Kor Ror 22. But is this also needed for a simple 60 day extension, i.e., your farang marriage license, by itself, wouldn't suffice?

24 minutes ago, JimGant said:

For a one year extension based on marriage, yes, your farang marriage license needs to be Thai certified via a Kor Ror 22. But is this also needed for a simple 60 day extension, i.e., your farang marriage license, by itself, wouldn't suffice?

That depends on the immigration office where you apply.

1 hour ago, terry Meltham said:

Can I still even tho my original permission to stay ended 9th June ?

You already have good input from many other here under way.  I would in your situation consider the following additional points:

- You have until end July like many others, no matter when your original permission to stay ran out.

- Ostensibly the government could extend this period for another 1, 2 or 3 months (or more), as it may still in July be very difficult to leave Thailand, as well as they still may want to slow down foot traffic to local immigration offices.

In my view you could wait until later in July.  There may of course be more people at your local immigration office, but you could also have one of two things happen by waiting:

1. The end of July extended period could be extended  another 1, 2 or 3 months (or more).  Thus you could use your 60 day extension later on this year.

2. I am no expert, so if you receive your 60 day extension, I don't know if it counts from 9. June or from the day in July that you perhaps would apply.  If it counts from the day in July that you apply, waiting would thus give you more weeks.  If it counts from 9. June, then in this point 2 you of course gain nothing by waiting. 

Overall, it seems to me that by waiting until perhaps mid July, or late July if you prefer that, you would not loose much.  Perhaps my logic is faulty, but just a consideration.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can apply for the 60 day extension.

But is the 31st July a date allowed so you don't pay overstay? Can a person arrive on a non o. And still change this to a retirement visa even if the non o is on a amisty? Till the 31st? And non o ran out in May? 

4 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

But is the 31st July a date allowed so you don't pay overstay? Can a person arrive on a non o. And still change this to a retirement visa even if the non o is on a amisty? Till the 31st? And non o ran out in May? 

A retirement extension (it is not a visa) can be applied for when you are in Thailand on any non immigrant entry. A "Non O" visa gives you a 90-day non immigrant entry on arrival in Thailand. Thus, if you meet all the requirements for a retirement extension, you do not need to change anything. Depending on the immigration office, they may decide not to accept an application for a retirement extension (during the grace period provided under the amnesty) if your original 90-day permission to stay has expired, but that is a different issue.

52 minutes ago, BritTim said:

A retirement extension (it is not a visa) can be applied for when you are in Thailand on any non immigrant entry. A "Non O" visa gives you a 90-day non immigrant entry on arrival in Thailand. Thus, if you meet all the requirements for a retirement extension, you do not need to change anything. Depending on the immigration office, they may decide not to accept an application for a retirement extension (during the grace period provided under the amnesty) if your original 90-day permission to stay has expired, but that is a different issue.

So is still but if...