what percent of obesity cases are the result of lifestyle choices?

On 7/31/2020 at 1:41 PM, BritManToo said:

Wouldn't it be simpler to just exercise a bit?

I compromise, I have my usual exercise, use about 4 satchets of Equal and two teaspoonfuls of Lite sugar a day along with my couple of biscuits or cakes, and my weekly ice cream, and remain a steady 75-76 Ks and 6ft tall.

On 8/6/2020 at 7:32 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

All the girls tell me I am a hansom man - sure, 1000%.

I had plenty of remarks about being handsome when I was younger and back in the UK, but in my 14 years of living here in Thailand, I have never had anyone tell me I was handsome, and I have walked around red light areas in Pattaya and Bangkok many times.

Personally, I think it is mostly the ugly tattooed fat guys who are called handsome by the sex workers to boost their ego as it is well known to them that most of these guys have very thick wallets.

Edited by possum1931

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I had plenty of remarks about being handsome when I was younger and back in the UK, but in my 14 years of living here in Thailand, I have never had anyone tell me I was handsome, and I have walked around red light areas in Pattaya and Bangkok.

Personally, I think it is mostly the ugly tattooed fat guys who are called handsome by the sex workers to boost their ego as it is well known to them that most of these guys have very thick wallets.

Hmmm, I have  no tats and am not fat and have been called hand some by girls in Bangkok and Pattaya and saw a buff middle age guy on Second Road called to by massage girl earlier in the year before covid lockdowns . Yelled to him "come here I massage you for free !"

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2020 at 1:38 PM, fredwiggy said:

I used Splenda and liked it back in Texas. Haven't seen it here yet.

Saw it at gourme market at The Mall Ngamwongwan 2 days ago. Probably at a lot of high end malls/markets in import areas.

Fear of offending obese people 'will bankrupt health service and social care'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fear-offending-obese-people-bankrupt-143850930.html

The NHS has said obesity is estimated to affect around one in every four adults and around one in every five children aged 10 to 11 in the UK. Up to one third of adults are predicted to be obese by 2024.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 11:21 AM, Sundown said:

Genetic is an excuse as well as ohhh I cannot lose weight because of thyroid problems. Never seen someone with genetic obesity in Africa. 

You've never seen a Zulu then. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Fear of offending obese people 'will bankrupt health service and social care'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fear-offending-obese-people-bankrupt-143850930.html

The NHS has said obesity is estimated to affect around one in every four adults and around one in every five children aged 10 to 11 in the UK. Up to one third of adults are predicted to be obese by 2024.

Does obesity and a bad diet generally lead to diabetes. 

1 hour ago, rott said:

One is more likely to have a variety of health problems if obese.

Bad diet is likely to make one obese if one does not use the same amount of calories that one takes in.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 7/31/2020 at 10:28 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Women always say they want a man with a sense of humour, but there are a few comedians around that would struggle to get laid.

Portraying a sense of danger, or being a rock star always works though.

Being a country music star always worked for me back in the UK.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rott said:

Post that question on Google and read the results --but yes a bad diet can lead to obesity which can lead to type 2 diabetes, cancer and a host of other health issues.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-and-obesity.html

The UK currently ranks as the country with the highest level of obesity in Europe, with more than 1 in 4 (28.1%) adults obese and nearly two out of three (63.4%) overweight.

Over the next 20 years, the number of obese adults in the country is forecast to soar to 26 million people.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/obesity/causes/

On 8/22/2020 at 5:38 PM, Tony125 said:

Over the next 20 years, the number of obese adults in the country is forecast to soar to 26 million people.

I'm soooooo glad I stopped being a nurse before obesity became commonplace.

When I used to travel a lot, my greatest fear was of being sat next to some obese person that wanted to leave the arm rest up.