what percent of obesity cases are the result of lifestyle choices?

I've discovered the food bamboo, pickled or with chilli. Loaded with minerals and fibre, zero calories. Very tasty with an evening drink.

It also gives the bowel an absolute treat, if that's not TMI.

31 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I've discovered the food bamboo, pickled or with chilli. Loaded with minerals and fibre, zero calories. Very tasty with an evening drink.

Sounds like just what I need.........can I buy the stuff in jars/cans? With chilli would be great!!

On 6/20/2020 at 10:14 AM, Ventenio said:

yes, you are off base and pretty clueless.  not being mean.  

maybe you just lost weight and feel the need to share how solve the world's obesity problem.   

i have no answers, and i'm ALSO not a doctor.  i'll share some ideas and it won't really help either.

1.  lower stress

2.  sleep more

3.  better job

4.  talk to your family about what you eat when together.  eating healthy alone can add to stress and lose friends and family.  is it worth it?

5.  many different exercises

6.  walk

7.  set a goal every three months.  never miss a day

i've seen very thin people with MAJOR health problems.  nutrient balance all messed up. or they smoke.  whatever.

you can exercise a ton and not lose weight, or gain.  a number is ok, but only a ballpark.

it can take years.  sometimes you need to cut all the sugar out, but sometimes IMMEDIATELY after exercise you can take some in.  timing is everything.

when older, being a little fat is ok.

the key is being 

1.  fit

2.  mentally fit

3.  financially independent

4.  happy

5.  have friends

etc...

this won't be solved on TV

Disagree with being fat being ok. Its a choice and so if its ok with you then so be it. But to act like you cannot change is crazy. 

Everyone can lose a lot of weight if they really want it but most people are just not willing to make those changes. Complaining its too hard. 

I can accept that but then they have accept they themselves are the reason they are fat not say they cannot lose weight. They just choose to be fat.

Anyway lif is not fair i got a slow metabolism compared to others I have to take things to far more extremes to lose fat. I just accept that as it is and work with what i got. But I did lose 25 kg at some point kept it off. 

Now I gained some weight because of an injury and I am getting rid of it again. But it required stuff like not drinking alcohol or sugary drinks. Making better choices food wise.

Like i said its all about how much someone is willing to do. Nobody needs to stay fat if they are willing to change and give things up. If not they its their own choice.

• Like 2

Losing 25kg is an awful lot.

I've lost 12kg since I came back from Thailand and I sustained an injury so I can't exercise much.  Just haven't had a beer since March 19th.

6'00" and 79kg.

• Like 1

Anyway being fat is a right. Just dont complain you cannot lose weight. We all can if we make the right changes. 

But many dont want to make those changes. Just be fair about it.

Life is not fair some dont have to do a thing to stay slim others have to do a lot. 

Giving up drinking is hard for most expats. To stay really lean i need to give up drinking sweet stuff. Hard for me but its a choice. 

Beeing fat is a choice for most people. Quite understandable with all those nice foods and drinks. 

Most bad things are far more tasty then the healthy. So its just a choice.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Losing 25kg is an awful lot.

I've lost 12kg since I came back from Thailand and I sustained an injury so I can't exercise much.  Just haven't had a beer since March 19th.

6'00" and 79kg.

nice stats im heavier but carry a lot of muscle. Currently want to lose 5kg. Given myself 2 to 3 months. Could go faster but im lean already. So not that bad just want more.

But i think i got inflamed tendons in the shoulders so cant lift as heavy as i want.

Stopped training for 2 months lost motivation and gained weight. Now training again and motivated again. I just hope the shoulders heal.

But what i consider lean and aim for is far more then what others aim for. Like all abs visible not just upper abs. Its a goal to chase. Without goals i get bored.

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Sounds like just what I need.........can I buy the stuff in jars/cans? With chilli would be great!!

I have bought it in a sachet at Tops, pickled. IMO not as good as the bamboo my GF buys at the daily market in the village. The small red-brown packet on top is the powdered chilli.

You can also see it at roadside stalls, although my GF says it is not as fresh.

IMG20200621124116.jpg

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, rumak said:

I am having the sign printed in Bkk .   Do you think neon lights around a yin/yang  styled sign would

bring in more suckers customers?        Dr. Rumak :  fat loss, life style, sexual awareness (open to ladies only),  and pop-up ads mind over matter hypnosis.    Discounts to those wronged by thai princesses ( bring proof of expenditures) .   

For a small fee I can provide a glowing reference ... How Dr. Rumak completely changed my life ....  I found your YouTube channel , DVD box set, Your 10 step easy to follow program SOOOOO life enhancing and inspiring - It completely 'blew my mind' !

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

17 hours ago, Lacessit said:

My GF loves to cook for everyone. We'd have to charge you 100 baht per dish. Her repertoire is quite reasonable - what you see plus kaow pat goong, pad siew gai, bamboo chili. I've passed on the roasted frogs and fried crickets. She'd be rapt if you came up with 500 baht per dinner, probably trade me in for you.

555555  okok ... I pass on the crickets, had enough of frogs when living in France.

Food looks great ???? ..... I let you know if I ever make it out from 'behind the great wall'.

5 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

For a small fee I can provide a glowing reference ... How Dr. Rumak completely changed my life ....  I found your YouTube channel , DVD box set, Your 10 step easy to follow program SOOOOO life enhancing and inspiring - It completely 'blew my mind' !

thanks RV !  another satisfied customer !      but i think that was my assistant  Rosie who blew your mind    ????

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2020 at 10:03 AM, BananaBandit said:

Am I off base here?

not really, but spoken like someone who does not tend to put on weight easily... 

On 6/20/2020 at 10:03 AM, BananaBandit said:

Step one:  Don't binge on garbage food. 

most of what is out there is garbage food... the food is manipulated to make you crave more of it... flavorings are rife with sugar, salt. etc..

when I was a kid, 1950s... I, as well as, 99% of the kids were skinny as a rail.. there seemed to be 1 kid in every age group who was fat... now, if you look around, many many kids are fat... and much of it is due to portion control... portion sizes in restaurants are much larger than they were when we were kids... by the way, we were kids who were taught to eat everything on our plates so as not to waste food... 

but, many factors and then, we are not genetically well equipped to take off the weight... it comes back so easily... for most of us. 

• Thanks 1

Lacessit quoted you in a topic: what percent of obesity cases are the result of lifestyle choices?

I have just consulted the TV rules and regulations which are always at my arms length ( thanks to the kind moderators of our esteemed pop ups    site.)      I could not find anywhere that excluded fart sounds from acceptable posting material .    So let er rip.    Remember,  what goes in determines what comes out ,  but some may argue that all

this study does not amount to a hill of beans as far(t) as they are concerned.

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2020 at 11:02 AM, RJRS1301 said:

Fat=wealthy perhaps , or early widow hood and inherit 

It was said that was why Jackie Kennedy married Aristotle Onassis, also based on the old Greek saying that men wear their wealth round their waist!

On 6/20/2020 at 12:16 PM, stouricks said:

Unfortunately NO in many cases.

And also in many cases the HFCS is not evident and it is only recently that producers have to include that ingredient on their products.

3 hours ago, kenk24 said:

not really, but spoken like someone who does not tend to put on weight easily... 

most of what is out there is garbage food... the food is manipulated to make you crave more of it... flavorings are rife with sugar, salt. etc..

when I was a kid, 1950s... I, as well as, 99% of the kids were skinny as a rail.. there seemed to be 1 kid in every age group who was fat... now, if you look around, many many kids are fat... and much of it is due to portion control... portion sizes in restaurants are much larger than they were when we were kids... by the way, we were kids who were taught to eat everything on our plates so as not to waste food... 

but, many factors and then, we are not genetically well equipped to take off the weight... it comes back so easily... for most of us. 

It only comes back when we go back to the bad diet. I have always been able to keep it off unless i started eating bad again. Recently gained a bit of weight because of bad diet. I could not train anymore because of an injury started to eat the bad <deleted> and up my weight went. So basically its all about diet.

Once you change you cannot go back to what you ate or drank before otherwise you will get fat again. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

100%. How many obese people were there in Auschwitz?

what a load of demented <deleted>... they were starved... any one of them would have gladly eaten a meal if they could... there were fights over a crust of bread... many died from lack or little food... but sure. it was all genetic, so many proved to be not resistant to poison gas too... 

Edited by kenk24

4 hours ago, rumak said:

Lacessit quoted you in a topic: what percent of obesity cases are the result of lifestyle choices?

I have just consulted the TV rules and regulations which are always at my arms length ( thanks to the kind moderators of our esteemed pop ups    site.)      I could not find anywhere that excluded fart sounds from acceptable posting material .    So let er rip.    Remember,  what goes in determines what comes out ,  but some may argue that all

this study does not amount to a hill of beans as far(t) as they are concerned.

I don't think bamboo has any effect on me in that respect. OTOH, if I ingest garlic or onion, I become lethal. You have been warned.

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

what a load of demented <deleted>... they were starved... any one of them would have gladly eaten a meal if they could... there were fights over a crust of bread... many died from lack or little food... but sure. it was all genetic, so many proved to be not resistant to poison gas too... 

That was his point .

Lack of food makes people slim

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

That was his point .

Lack of food makes people slim

No. His point was Nazi work camp style starvation... and that is cruelty... cancer will make you thin too but nobody chooses that as an option..

Invoking Auschwitz and starvation as a weight loss concept is just ignorant and mean spirited.. 

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

As a warning to the general farang public: go easy when poppin yer bamboo cherry. I pounded about half a kilo of that stuff (stir fried with garlic) my first time, and dropped like half my pancreas an hour later.