what percent of obesity cases are the result of lifestyle choices?

10 hours ago, robblok said:

Not sure why you think HGH did anything to the rock. HGH is weak strange that you don't know that as a personal trainer. HGH wont do much at all, steroids sure. But HGH is a weak compound. 

I was in the game, but not using anything, which made quite a few big men peeved as I was stronger than most of them as far as the big three lifts were concerned. HGH isn't weak, it's just not as strong a drug as Decca, Dianabol, Winstrol ,Anavar and others, which were used regularly by those when I was training people back in the 80's and a little afterwards. HGH wasn't as prevalent back then, but as a drug to help children who were smaller than normal for their age. It's the go to drug in Hollywood to make "stars" big and lean fast. I have friends who used HGH alone and gained a lot of muscle fast and also got leaner. Can't always believe what people tell you, as steroid use makes some feel weak for using it. Stallone himself was busted bringing HGH into Australia years back.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I was in the game, but not using anything, which made quite a few big men peeved as I was stronger than most of them as far as the big three lifts were concerned. HGH isn't weak, it's just not as strong a drug as Decca, Dianabol, Winstrol ,Anavar and others, which were used regularly by those when I was training people back in the 80's and a little afterwards. HGH wasn't as prevalent back then, but as a drug to help children who were smaller than normal for their age. It's the go to drug in Hollywood to make "stars" big and lean fast. I have friends who used HGH alone and gained a lot of muscle fast and also got leaner. Can't always believe what people tell you, as steroid use makes some feel weak for using it. Stallone himself was busted bringing HGH into Australia years back.

I think your friends have been telling you porkies. I have used HGH a few times and its a total waste of money. The drugs your talking about are all still minor and not as strong as others and they all totally blow HGH out of the water. 

I am not saying people don't use it but its used in combination with steroids on itself its nothing. It "might" give some fat loss. What it mainly does is help recovery a bit. I am talking about tendons and other stuff. Also it helps your hair grow faster. I know of plenty of people who have used it and the consensus on the bodybuilding board is that HGH is a hype and weak. I can attest to that after having used it (i fell for the hype wanted to see what it did). 

I have also used HGH peptides (quite recently). They are injected too and help secrete more HGH. Same thing expensive and not really worth it. You have to see it as icing on the cake nothing more nothing less. For people who have money to burn during a steroid cycle.

Not sure why people would be peeved for you not using anything. Strange people you hung around. Maybe its an American thing. I have never met a steroid user that was peeved when someone did not use. Did see many who were peeved when others used.

If you want to learn the truth about HGH should read on bodybuilder forums.

8 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Are you talking about Stallone? He is not lean, he is over muscled as far as I can see, also, is their not a difference between weight training and weight lifting? Take me, when I was younger and in my prime, I was a very fast runner, but I was never a strong person, almost anyone could beat me at arm wrestling.

Probably the reason why you hate people with muscles so much. Good thing you could run ????

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think your friends have been telling you porkies. I have used HGH a few times and its a total waste of money. The drugs your talking about are all still minor and not as strong as others and they all totally blow HGH out of the water. 

I am not saying people don't use it but its used in combination with steroids on itself its nothing. It "might" give some fat loss. What it mainly does is help recovery a bit. I am talking about tendons and other stuff. Also it helps your hair grow faster. I know of plenty of people who have used it and the consensus on the bodybuilding board is that HGH is a hype and weak. I can attest to that after having used it (i fell for the hype wanted to see what it did). 

I have also used HGH peptides (quite recently). They are injected too and help secrete more HGH. Same thing expensive and not really worth it. You have to see it as icing on the cake nothing more nothing less. For people who have money to burn during a steroid cycle.

Not sure why people would be peeved for you not using anything. Strange people you hung around. Maybe its an American thing. I have never met a steroid user that was peeved when someone did not use. Did see many who were peeved when others used.

If you want to learn the truth about HGH should read on bodybuilder forums.

Using it a few times does little. Using it a lot can hurt. It works for some and not as well for others. But you have to train or it means nothing. As I mentioned, I have friends who used it by itself and gained muscle and lost fat fast. There are steroids out that are stronger of course, as HGH isn't a steroid but a hormone naturally produced by our bodies. But there's no denying it's strength as many in Hollywood use it regularly and with little side effects if they are dosing with a doctor's help. I've been a bodybuilder from 17 till now at 63, and know thousands of others personally who have used everything you can think of. I worked at 8 gyms in two states and helped train some of the up and coming pros from the New Jersey/New York area. I don't read forums on bodybuilding for others opinions. I read articles and books on bodybuilding and talk first hand to those in the business. New Jersey and New York are like California as far as bodybuilding and weight lifting. There's no hype when everyone who wants to get big and lean fast in Hollywood turns to it. It works. It's not the drug for professional bodybuilders because it isn't in the class of other stronger "steroids" and they use anything they can because it isn't illegal and impossible to compete otherwise. It's not used to make you huge. It's used to help make you grow more muscle and get lean fast, and for that it works for thousands of people. The people in the gyms I trained at weren't peeved because I didn't use anything. They couldn't lift as much as I did. Simply because steroid use and moderate lifting is what makes you huge. I saw many who were 220 lbs and over using 15 lb dumbbells for laterals, and 80 lb curls, while I was using 40lb dumbbells and curls over 135. I only weighed 175 at my heaviest at 5'8" so I wasn't a big guy. I got kidded a lot because they said I should use also. I just was wary of side effects a lot got and were getting and didn't want any of that. Here.s just one article.......................https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2012/03/human-grown-hormone-hollywood-201203

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, robblok said:

Probably the reason why you hate people with muscles so much. Good thing you could run ????

Don't hate people with muscles Rob, I mean people who are overmuscled, probably spending hours weightlifting in the gym filled up with steroids. I maybe overdone it a bit with Stallone, but as a person who used to be in showbusiness myself (not famous though) I do resent Stallone and Arnie who made it big in show business with very little, if any, talent at all. :guitar:

Just now, possum1931 said:

Don't hate people with muscles Rob, I mean people who are overmuscled, probably spending hours weightlifting in the gym filled up with steroids. I maybe overdone it a bit with Stallone, but as a person who used to be in showbusiness myself (not famous though) I do resent Stallone and Arnie who made it big in show business with very little, if any, talent at all. :guitar:

Stallone started out as just a fair actor but got better as time went along. True, he's no Anthony Hopkins or Charlton Heston, but his movies are action movies and in that he does very well. Arnold is still just a fair actor, and what he did before got him where he is today. It's his presence that makes him popular. You don't need talent to get in show business, although it helps having some , just the look they need at the time. To make it big over time you need talent, and a lot of good backing.

Edited by fredwiggy

9 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I think Stalone and Arnie did far more then you ever had. If you check the hours of training they had to put into the body they got. I think you would be surprised. 

4 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Stallone started out as just a fair actor but got better as time went along. True, he's no Anthony Hopkins or Charlton Heston, but his movies are action movies and in that he does very well. Arnold is still just a fair actor, and what he did before got him where he is today. It's his presence that makes him popular. You don't need talent to get in show business, although it helps having some , just the look they need at the time. To make it big over time you need talent, and a lot of good backing.

Yes, I remember bands who had no1 hits but did not go into the recording studio because of lack of musical ability, and had to put real musicians in instead to back the lead singer.

Also Andrew Ridgely from Wham back in the eighties, could not sing or even play a guitar, he had a real musician playing behind the stage curtain when the audience thought it was him playing.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think Stalone and Arnie did far more then you ever had. If you check the hours of training they had to put into the body they got. I think you would be surprised. 

Yes they did, that's why I resent them, although I went into the recording studio and even made a live appearance on television, I was never any more than a journeyman musician playing constantly both semi and full time professional from the age of 18 right up to when I moved here to Thailand.

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes they did, that's why I resent them, although I went into the recording studio and even made a live appearance on television, I was never any more than a journeyman musician playing constantly both semi and full time professional from the age of 18 right up to when I moved here to Thailand.

There are more pop singers than you can count that make millions from soulless pap some call music, while other bands, who have extraordinary musicianship, are hardly noticed, even in this computer age. It's always been about who you know and being in the right place at the right time, with the needed look. Look at all the plain or ugly or geekish that get into movies now. Then after they're in a "big" movie, they continue to get parts, making them more money than the average hard worker ever will. Now that they have shows like Thailand's got talent, American Idol and Pop idol, where anyone can get a chance to make it big. Susan Boyle for one. An average looking woman with a beautiful voice who got her break, surprising everyone on the show. And even in shows like that, it's still 3 judges that decide your fate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, I remember bands who had no1 hits but did not go into the recording studio because of lack of musical ability, and had to put real musicians in instead to back the lead singer.

Also Andrew Ridgely from Wham back in the eighties, could not sing or even play a guitar, he had a real musician playing behind the stage curtain when the audience thought it was him playing.

Lol, I still remember a slender 1.80m Spanish waitress begging me to translate the lyrics of Careless Whispers into Spanish. When I did I realised what a lyrically poor pile of tripe it was. Such stark contrast to the meaningful delivery of George Michael which made you think it was the deepest song since Gregorian chant. Wham always were style over substance.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Did your friend lose weight by walking or by stopping to over eat?

He started with a 30 min a day every day walk then gradually increased speed and distance. Also cut down on junk food,  sugar , ate more ballanced diet, more fish and drink water .  I never  drink diet drinks as the artificial sweetners are bad for you. Still drink a Coke or soft drink ow and then but only sweetened with natural sugar not HFC. Good idea to try a 15 min walk after the last meal of the day.

17 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Are you talking about Stallone? He is not lean, he is over muscled as far as I can see, also, is their not a difference between weight training and weight lifting? Take me, when I was younger and in my prime, I was a very fast runner, but I was never a strong person, almost anyone could beat me at arm wrestling.

You say he is overmuscled however that does not make him fat . He  has a very low fat to muscle ratio. Muscle burns fat even when at rest so having more muscle on your body makes it easier to burn fat/control weight and keeps you strong healthier. I was a runner as well had abs, strong legs but didn't work on upper body till I got into martial arts later. You had a runners body built for speed  not strength.

Stalone has admitted to using HGH, I have and IGF-1 as well and although no way as strong or as fast as taking steroids I am happy with the results. "Robblok"  maybe it didn't work for you as the other supplimentation you take are stronger so had no decernable improvement/feeling but works for many. suggest you read the article on HGH someone posted to you.

Sylvester Stallone Is Twice As Strong At 73-Years-Old, Than He Was At 35 --

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sylvester-stallone-twice-strong-73-180538502.html

maxresdefault.jpg

11 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

You say he is overmuscled however that does not make him fat . He  has a very low fat to muscle ratio. Muscle burns fat even when at rest so having more muscle on your body makes it easier to burn fat/control weight and keeps you strong healthier. I was a runner as well had abs, strong legs but didn't work on upper body till I got into martial arts later. You had a runners body built for speed  not strength.

Stalone has admitted to using HGH, I have and IGF-1 as well and although no way as strong or as fast as taking steroids I am happy with the results. "Robblok"  maybe it didn't work for you as the other supplimentation you take are stronger so had no decernable improvement/feeling but works for many. suggest you read the article on HGH someone posted to you.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sylvester-stallone-twice-strong-73-180538502.html

maxresdefault.jpg

Trust me, Stallone isn't near as strong now as he was when he was 35. No one can keep their strength up that long. Be lean yes. Stallone didn't work out with heavy weights but moderate and followed a good diet, which included HGH and supposedly Winstrol.

• Like 1

Seems to me its down to too much food and cycling to a pub that is not far enough away.

Remember: Beer has little food value, food has no beer value.

If there were more nutrients in beer, you would not need to drink so much.

6 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Trust me, Stallone isn't near as strong now as he was when he was 35. No one can keep their strength up that long. Be lean yes. Stallone didn't work out with heavy weights but moderate and followed a good diet, which included HGH and supposedly Winstrol.

If you read that article he is the one saying he is stronger now. He shows photos of him using 45 pound barbells then and using 100 pound ones now. Plus he is more cut and defined now then when he did Rocky.

5 hours ago, Tony125 said:

If you read that article he is the one saying he is stronger now. He shows photos of him using 45 pound barbells then and using 100 pound ones now. Plus he is more cut and defined now then when he did Rocky.

Look at Rocky Balboa, not too long ago, and you'll see how he is now, along with Last Blood. I'm 63 and can use 100 lb dumbbells still also, but they hurt afterwards in my shoulders. He was leanest in Rambo 2 and 3, but hasn't gone shirtless since, besides Rocky Balboa and Grudge Match. Most actors can lean up for a movie. It's easy when you use HGH and diet for a few weeks.

Edited by fredwiggy

On 6/23/2020 at 5:19 PM, Tony125 said:

maxresdefault.jpg

If these photos are not souped up in some way, that body is as ugly as any of the fat bellied, big boobies brigade, very unsightly, look at the veins sticking out.

Someone recent remarked to me that I was very lean for my age, and I have nowhere near big muscles, muscle weighs more than fat, I am 6ft tall and my weight right now is only 75.30 Ks.

Edited by possum1931

What a long worded discussion.
Obese, go keto, if Keto does not work, go carnivore.
Does exercise help in regaining your proper weight and hormone balance? Yes it help, but only sustainable with KETO or carnivore, unless you are like superman strict hitting the gym X hours daily.

On 6/24/2020 at 5:47 AM, fredwiggy said:

Look at Rocky Balboa, not too long ago, and you'll see how he is now, along with Last Blood. I'm 63 and can use 100 lb dumbbells still also, but they hurt afterwards in my shoulders. He was leanest in Rambo 2 and 3, but hasn't gone shirtless since, besides Rocky Balboa and Grudge Match. Most actors can lean up for a movie. It's easy when you use HGH and diet for a few weeks.

I still disagree about the HGH being a major factor. I think winstrol would be a bigger factor. Also I dont think its a few weeks but more like 2 months or so. But then again I am not genetically gifted like this guy is nor do I workout as much as he does (he has more time).

Like you i don't believe he is stronger now or at least his body will feel worst after. 

I do like the remark of the guy asking how he went from a 6 pack to an 8 pack. That is really strange 

https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-truth-about-hgh-for-weight-loss#1

HGH debunked by a reputed site.

Edited by robblok

15 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

If these photos are not souped up in some way, that body is as ugly as any of the fat bellied, big boobies brigade, very unsightly, look at the veins sticking out.

Someone recent remarked to me that I was very lean for my age, and I have nowhere near big muscles, muscle weighs more than fat, I am 6ft tall and my weight right now is only 75.30 Ks.

That is your opinion possum. I dont find him overly muscular. He is at the upper limit of what I like in some ways i like the left picture more then the right. What i aspire for is the picture on the left. Its what called a beach body and found attractive by many.

• Confused 1