International flights to Thailand won't resume until September, says aviation authority

rooster59

Will T A's proposed " rehabilitation " be affected by this .. very uncertain times for the Aviation industry full stop .. and for the tourist industry in Thailand who have been banking on some sort of restart judging by some of the statements being made .. 

• Thanks 1

The Thai economy is devastated but opening the borders allowing COVID to come back could also result in further harm. Need a vaccine - absent that this may be the new normal. I am scheduled to fly to the US in Sept for 5 weeks, not get sick, and then get back home to Thailand - even with my Thai passport this may be a challenge. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Sounded a bit vague though didn't it.

What if you are only married 'Thai style' would that count?

What if you have children but not married?

Not vague, Contact the Thai embassy They will ask you for a updated copy of your Khor ror 2 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This is a bummer. I must travel to the U.S. from Thailand, soon, for family matters. My Thai wife is several months away from getting her marriage visa esp since the U.S. has slowed/stopped that process. So, I'm going to be stuck in the U.S. That bogus fit to fly certificate is going to be impossible to get in the U.S., anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

The overseas Thai embassies and consulates are already accepting applications from foreigners with Thai spouses to re-enter Thailand with exactly the same criteria as WP holders.

UK Embassy link?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, SODS said:
45 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The overseas Thai embassies and consulates are already accepting applications from foreigners with Thai spouses to re-enter Thailand with exactly the same criteria as WP holders.

UK Embassy link?

Nothing to do with UK embassies. Foreigners with a Thai spouse wishing to be considered for re-entry to Thailand need to contact their nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate.

• Like 2