Cambodia quarantine

HerbyJFlash

Some of you may have seen that Cambodia is open to people willing to pay a 3k USD deposit and endure quarantine etc.

Does anyone know the situation with the “quarantine hotels”?  Can you choose the quality and where you stay like in Thailand ?

From what I understand, if just one person on your flight into Cambodia tests positive for the C.C.P. Virus, then you must stay in Phnom Penh for at least two weeks, quarantined in the hotel, and the hotel is of the immigration authority’s choosing, and is a three or four star hotel. Your $3,000.00 U.S. will pay for your stay and three meals a day and for tests and any medical aid you may need if you get the virus.

If everyone on your flight tests negative, then you can continue on to your Cambodian destination city and you self quarantine in your own hotel or apartment for two weeks. Local authorities will check on you now and again during those two weeks to make sure you are following the rules. 

Good luck.  I’m hoping they come up with an effective vaccine soon that will be accepted .... like getting the Yellow Fever shot and carrying a certificate of proof. 

Edited by Catoni
Correction
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Thanks, I did not know that site yet. Looks interesting, and I’m pleased to see that they seem to be not focussing so much on political correctness.

It's an excellent site for Cambodia - explore it and you may find it's as comprehensive as TV is for Thailand.

31 minutes ago, HerbyJFlash said:

Does anyone know how the deposit is refunded if you test negative?

You'll get documents that you will need to take to a bank, along with your negative test results from day 13 (when they re-test you).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, VBF said:

It's an excellent site for Cambodia - explore it and you may find it's as comprehensive as TV is for Thailand.

I think Cambodia Expats Online is more comprehensive. Khmer440 seems to be full of drunks speaking some kind of code language, that if you don't get it, they get upset with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, drbeach said:

I think Cambodia Expats Online is more comprehensive. Khmer440 seems to be full of drunks speaking some kind of code language, that if you don't get it, they get upset with you.

Thanks, that looks good too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Doesn't matter, as they aren't selling any VISAs.

Do you have a VISA valid for Cambodia?

Really ? Is that for the foreseeable future ?

If so that is the last glimmer of hope I had out of the window. 
????????????????????????

1 hour ago, HerbyJFlash said:

????????????????????????

Do not despair, there are 1000s in the same boat including myself, had 2 flights in UK cancelled( only came back to UK early March for 2 weeks and got stuck there) now 2 in Spain, staying here for time being. if you havent had covid-19 and your healthy your winning nothing to worry about. Not think too much. 

Hmmm , just a bad couple of day’s . Woke up to the no flights till September / god knows when news yesterday and my back up, last resort plan of Cambodia is now out the window.

I was in Thailand on the 23rd March, come home because of work which then got cancelled cos of covid. Could have been relaxing on a farm playing my pin right now. 

Think we all just need some spec of hope and good news . At the moment I truly have none ???? 

Edited by HerbyJFlash
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, HerbyJFlash said:

Hmmm , just a bad couple of day’s . Woke up to the no flights till September / god knows when news yesterday and my back up, last resort plan of Cambodia is now out the window.

I was in Thailand on the 23rd March, come home because of work which then got cancelled cos of covid. Could have been relaxing on a farm playing my pin right now. 
Think we all just need some spec of hope and good news . At the moment I truly have none ???? 

Bad luck, things will probably get better.

10 hours ago, HerbyJFlash said:

????????????????????????

No tourist visas. It may be possible to get a regular AKA business visa at a Cambodiuan Embassy, ask the Embassy in the country you are in.

What is your reason for coming to Cambodia? I ask because if it was to then hop over to Thailand, this is not possible, the border is closed.