Former hotel employee dies after motorbike slams power pole at high speed

rooster59

Former hotel employee dies after motorbike slams power pole at high speed

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1592632406_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers at the scene last night (June 19). Photo: Kusoldharm Phuket Foundation

PHUKET: A 55-year-old man died after the motorbike he was riding struck a power pole at high speed on Thepkrasattri Rd in Thalang last night (June 19). The man’s family told police that the man was likely riding his motorbike to relieve high stress he was suffering from unemployment. He was previously a hotel employee.

Maj Wuttichai Kaewthong of the Thalang Police was informed of the accident, on Thepkrasattri Rd northbound, opposite the Krung Thai Bank branch in Moo 1, Thepkrasattri, at about 10pm.

Maj Wuttichai and fellow officers, along with a medical team from Thalang Hospital and Kusoldharm Foundation rescue workers arrived at the scene to find the body of Wirat Mahaaud, 55, some 20 metres from the impact point.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/former-hotel-employee-dies-after-motorbike-slams-power-pole-at-high-speed-76455.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-06-21

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The man’s family told police that the man was likely riding his motorbike to relieve high stress he was suffering from unemployment.

They are probably also very happy with the way he solved his problem. Now he can really take care of his family.

9 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I sure am glad I was 56 yesterday. Having 55 written anywhere on my tombstone would not funny !

HaHa, now that one was good.  If your 19 and die right now that wont be very good either. 

Not the way to go, stress comes, stress goes, unemployment comes, unemployment goes, opening up that bike on the that road was a sure way of dying.

Too bad the government is doing too little to assist, if that was the case with this chap.

RIP

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

HaHa, now that one was good.  If your 19 and die right now that wont be very good either. 

Unless in excruciating agony I cant think of anytime good  to die, guess  sometimes reading the daily tripe on Thai Visa can make you feel suicidal but still????

Aw yes these power poles.

Could avoid deaths when all the VIP's are back home, and cops gets idle, just get as many of them as possible to just lean on these power poles. Could slow down some drivers. Prevention you know...