BANGKOK
bbi1

MEA - Electricity Discounts, 3 months?

I'm trying to understand the MEA electricity discounts during COVID-19. I believe that they are offering us the same rates as our March bill, as far as we use less than 800 units of electricity and this is only for a 3 month period. Is this correct? Is it only for 3 months or has this been extended?

I believe it is for 3 months...I had not heard of any extension yet because the idea was to tide people over during hot season. But I'll take what I can get 

7 minutes ago, tonray said:

I believe it is for 3 months...I had not heard of any extension yet because the idea was to tide people over during hot season. But I'll take what I can get 

So that means we all have one more month left. June's bill to arrive around mid-July. Then it's back to full rates again.

23 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

So that means we all have one more month left. June's bill to arrive around mid-July. Then it's back to full rates again.

We are with PEA and it started in March and ended in May, i.e. March bill was taken from February's bill and April and May the same, so unless MEA are different, it might work out different, but just asked the wife as I am typing and she said same, same, so I would expect it to be over red rover.

• Like 2

I can't work out any of it, last months bill was 50 baht, month before was the normal 800 baht

Normally get the bill on 23rd so will know in a couple of days

My understanding is you get three bills equal to the one you received between 16 Feb and 15 March, minus 3%.  I did not get any discount on my bill from 3 April, but did on 3 May and 3 June.  I am expecting 3 July to be discounted, too.  

• Like 1

My March, April and May bills were discounted. My bill that arrived this week was my usual bill amount less 3%.

Looks like the deep discounts are over.

We got our bill on the 16th. Heavily discounted , 3,200 baht reduced to 1,900 baht.

Didn't question it just paid it.

we got 40% discount this month, neighbour who uses more got zero discount, asked women across the road who works at the electricity office even she could not explain it

I was thinking it was a sort of rebate , as we didn't get much of a discount first time round .

Like you say , who can really explain it.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I was thinking it was a sort of rebate , as we didn't get much of a discount first time round .

It is your bill amount issued in late feb/early March , minus the 3% they had initially given, for the three bills starting in May.  Typically saving about one third.  

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

But that wasnt the case last month , that is why i think we got a bigger rebate this time.

• Like 1

I am willing to be my July 3 bill will also be 1238.99Screenshot_20200623-082313.thumb.png.d9ddf8dee2302859f033b89a97e71c94.png

12 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Same with me with PEA. Only 86 refund first month, just over 2000 a week ago. I'm expecting one further discount (so three in all).

33 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

we got 40% discount this month, neighbour who uses more got zero discount, asked women across the road who works at the electricity office even she could not explain it

If she used less than Feb, then no savings.