MEA - Electricity Discounts, 3 months?

bbi1

On 7/3/2020 at 2:15 PM, moontang said:

Here is the latest...my last two bills were Feb bill minus 3%..so I was kind of expecting my bill coming any moment would be the third, and final, "February Match.". I read my meter last week and was only at 250 kwh.  I thought, what a shame..my bill might be less than Febs of 317 units (I was at the beach for five days)..but, according to the message on my app..they say I overpaid March

..meaning they are retroactively going back to the one that was skipped..and saying I have a credit for 140 THB..(March usage was only 30 units more than Feb).  But..they give you a link, and it looks like you have to do something on the app to get the credit..in Thai...we'll see what my bill says later today.  

When on consumptions like 250-317 units,why even bother to check links for credits? Those are consumptions for thai people using 1 or 2 fans and no air-con. 

My 'May' bill was about 2,200bht, but to pay was around 1,200bht, I think... 

Just paid June's, bill in front of me, 2,106.63 bht, to pay, 867.18 bht. 

Never thought I would look forward to a bill, but I do for July's....???? 

9 minutes ago, transam said:

My 'May' bill was about 2,200bht, but to pay was around 1,200bht, I think... 

Just paid June's, bill in front of me, 2,106.63 bht, to pay, 867.18 bht. 

Never thought I would look forward to a bill, but I do for July's....???? 

Well you are lucky, or we are not. No discounts on either of our bills, not even the 3% that was on the April bill. To make it worse the PEA did not issue the usual invoices, so had to go to the office to pay. We normally pay the person who delivers the invoice.

25 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Well you are lucky, or we are not. No discounts on either of our bills, not even the 3% that was on the April bill. To make it worse the PEA did not issue the usual invoices, so had to go to the office to pay. We normally pay the person who delivers the invoice.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....????

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

When on consumptions like 250-317 units,why even bother to check links for credits? Those are consumptions for thai people using 1 or 2 fans and no air-con. 

No you are just an energy pig.  I have a west facing, 20th floor condo, run a 17000 BTU inverter 24/7, and take long hot showers.. I did put some weather stripping on the doors, and got rid of all those idiotic can lamps. AC set on 26c all the time. 

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

That was my reaction as well - the pool alone hogs more than that amount, never mind the whole house running AC.......... ah well, I am obviously also an 'energy wasting pig'.......lol

On 6/25/2020 at 10:52 AM, Caspersfriend said:

Latest bill arrived at 728 units, therefore below the 800 units threshold. Got the 3% discount but not the, three month retrospective, same as February reduction. Maybe because last month we exceeded 800 units? When there is no obvious 'small print' it's impossible to know.  Maybe someone better at reading Thai can confirm. We did get some reduction and not complaining.

I exceeded 800 units (814 actual) and paid my February amount, giving me a total discount of 1286 baht.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2020 at 2:55 AM, worrab said:

Had 2 free months now! The May bill came to 1293 THB (341 units) and June was 1172 THB (301 units) and amount to pay 0.00. One more month to go and thank you PEA.

Update to the situation. Have now got the July bill which shows usage of 313 units. This came to 1261.50 THB and with the discount only have to pay 65.44 THB. 

Back to normal next month but good while it lasted.