Ten Reasons to Quit Smoking

Samui Bodoh

8 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Not only that ,They say you may Die 10 yrs earlier.

Isn't that Great,  How much would it cost to live for the 10 yrs? 

Dying say 5 yrs earlier , Look how much money you wouldn't have to Spend on Living .

And you don't have to put up with people winging.    ????

Wrong calculation.

Take the money which you would have spend for living for 10 years and spend it all in 5 years. Let's party!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Wrong calculation.

Take the money which you would have spend for living for 10 years and spend it all in 5 years. Let's party!

Ha ha I could start smoking Again, thinking about it right now. 

Having a Durry with my Beer and after a Romp in the cot.  ???? 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Ha ha I could start smoking Again, thinking about it right now. 

Having a Durry with my Beer and after a Romp in the cot.  ???? 

Thats the thing with ex smokers and non smokers. They look at others enjoying themselves and hate the fact they cant join in.

• Haha 2

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Thats the thing with ex smokers and non smokers. They look at others enjoying themselves and hate the fact they cant join in.

The choice is there for them to have a cigarette, there's nothing stopping them from lighting up as well

Just now, Rookiescot said:

That's why I said that I could start again Any day .  

Don't Tempt me now ok. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, digger70 said:

That's why I said that I could start again Any day .  

Don't Tempt me now ok. 

Mate if you are stopped please try and stay stopped.

Its better for you. We all know that.

Good luck my friend.

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2020 at 12:38 PM, Samui Bodoh said:

Two points;

1. This is the " Stop Smoking Forum" which states "Our objective is to help as many smokers as possible to become non smokers." (as per tvf)

2. There are no good reasons to smoke. None.

There is a lot of leeway as to what one can post or not .  To offer a different view than one the OP prefers is all part of the game.

It took you 35 years to quit smoking,  and if not me there were thousands of others that had to put

up with you .   I hate the smell of smoke.   I once smoked.  

You had the right to smoke for all those years.   Surely you can put up with a few posts that

you might object to now that you are "clean"

• Like 1

smoked for over 20 years. quit 4 years ago and will NEVER smoke again. makes me sick. smells like nasty putrid stank. hate the smell of smokers now and their disgusting habit. totally agreed with most of the smoking laws when i smoked myself.

however

it is not my place to preach anything to a smoker. it is their choice. smoke your brains out johnny. smoke 2 packs a day if you want to. i'll never bark a single word. just don't do it around kids. can we all agree on that ? 

• 8 months later...

I quit smoking 32 years ago and I still occasionally miss it. I liked smoking but it's a lot like drinking in that it's great for guys that don't drink too much. Same with smoking, it I could smoke a dozen or so a day I would still be smoking. The problem is that when you're smoking three to four packs a day, most of that is just maintenance smoking, you only really enjoy ten to twenty of them a day.

People smoked and continue to smoke because smoking is good. Like many thigs we enjoy there are costs.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/27/2020 at 5:08 PM, Lacessit said:

The OP actually missed the real biggie as far as a reason goes.

Statistically, a smoker is 20 times more likely to die of lung cancer than a non-smoker.

not all, my uncle was a non smoker who worked outside in fresh air died of lung cancer at the age

of about 46, my grandfather smoked like a chimney died at the age of 111 explain that.

• Like 1