BANGKOK
davidupatterson

Any way to pay our electric (PEA) bills online?

Posted (edited)

Hey all, 

Is anyone paying their monthly electric (PEA) bills online? We're able to pay our rent digitally with Transferwise and our internet bill each month online and it would be great if we could do this as well with our monthly electric. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Edited by davidupatterson

You can enter the details manually into the app but scanning a bill is far easier.

Once it's set up it will automatically update with each new bill so no need for the actual bills then.

If you want the .apk file if you can't find it online send me a PM.

• Like 2

I am not in Thailand and pay my PEA bills using website https://eservice.pea.co.th/

As for setup, sorry can not help since my setup was made years ago and then website looked totally different..

That i do remember that i managed to do my setup with google translator so maby it is doable still,, 

we are not all the same, but surely Direct Debit must be the easiest way to pay all bills. Some utilities can be i bit convoluted i know, but once it's done it's done. So long ago now i can't remember which one was the most difficult, Water or Electric. I had to go to the electric office, get a form, take it to the bank, they would stamp it & then take the form back to the electric office & they would accept it. That was eighteen years ago. Hopefully it's easier now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pungdo said:

I have the SCB online banking app and I pay it through that.

Yeah, its easy. Just scan the bar code and confirm. Its free and fast.

That sounds like a great solution but unfortunately we're out of the country and are not sure we can set this up from abroad. 

37 minutes ago, murraynz said:

Thats what i do,has worked perfectly for me,for over 3 yrs.

I dont have to worry about payment ,if im not in thailand.

15 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

Or you could set up a direct debit and forget about it......

That sounds like a great solution but unfortunately we're out of the country and are not sure we can set this up from abroad.

2 hours ago, Pungdo said:

I have the SCB online banking app and I pay it through that.

15 hours ago, delboy said:

You can pay by credit card using easybills at https://www.easybills.in.th/

Fee is 8 baht.

16 hours ago, thaitero said:

I am not in Thailand and pay my PEA bills using website https://eservice.pea.co.th/

As for setup, sorry can not help since my setup was made years ago and then website looked totally different..

That i do remember that i managed to do my setup with google translator so maby it is doable still,, 

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The PEA has a app that can be used but I think you need your bill for it to read the barcode on it.

We pay ours using the True Money app that my wife has set up. 

Info is here on their website. https://www.pea.co.th/en/Payment-Channels

Thanks. Looking into these solutions now. One problem is that I'm not in Thailand at the moment and don't have access to texts sent to my Thai phone number for confirmation. I assume many (or all) of these solutions require you to confirm your account via text one way or another to get setup. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I use Kasikorn online. Log in, push the scan button, hold the camera lens over the bar code, confirm the amount and then confirm the payment. The bill can also be input manually. 👍😉

Edited by AgMech Cowboy

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, davidupatterson said:

One problem is that I'm not in Thailand at the moment

Sadly, I didn't see this before I gave my experience above.  I think you will be much better served to work things out with the PEA app. I've never used it and no nothing about it. Good Luck, David.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy