Any way to pay our electric (PEA) bills online?

davidupatterson

Hey all, 

Is anyone paying their monthly electric (PEA) bills online? We're able to pay our rent digitally with Transferwise and our internet bill each month online and it would be great if we could do this as well with our monthly electric. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Edited by davidupatterson

You can enter the details manually into the app but scanning a bill is far easier.

Once it's set up it will automatically update with each new bill so no need for the actual bills then.

If you want the .apk file if you can't find it online send me a PM.

• Like 2

That sounds like a great solution but unfortunately we're out of the country and are not sure we can set this up from abroad. 

37 minutes ago, murraynz said:

Thats what i do,has worked perfectly for me,for over 3 yrs.

I dont have to worry about payment ,if im not in thailand.

15 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

Or you could set up a direct debit and forget about it......

That sounds like a great solution but unfortunately we're out of the country and are not sure we can set this up from abroad.

2 hours ago, Pungdo said:

I have the SCB online banking app and I pay it through that.

15 hours ago, delboy said:

You can pay by credit card using easybills at https://www.easybills.in.th/

Fee is 8 baht.

16 hours ago, thaitero said:

I am not in Thailand and pay my PEA bills using website https://eservice.pea.co.th/

As for setup, sorry can not help since my setup was made years ago and then website looked totally different..

That i do remember that i managed to do my setup with google translator so maby it is doable still,, 

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The PEA has a app that can be used but I think you need your bill for it to read the barcode on it.

We pay ours using the True Money app that my wife has set up. 

Info is here on their website. https://www.pea.co.th/en/Payment-Channels

Thanks. Looking into these solutions now. One problem is that I'm not in Thailand at the moment and don't have access to texts sent to my Thai phone number for confirmation. I assume many (or all) of these solutions require you to confirm your account via text one way or another to get setup. 

• Thanks 1

I use Kasikorn online. Log in, push the scan button, hold the camera lens over the bar code, confirm the amount and then confirm the payment. The bill can also be input manually. ????????

Edited by AgMech Cowboy

41 minutes ago, davidupatterson said:

One problem is that I'm not in Thailand at the moment

Sadly, I didn't see this before I gave my experience above.  I think you will be much better served to work things out with the PEA app. I've never used it and no nothing about it. Good Luck, David.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy

Using the Kasikorn Bank app on Android, I pay online and have PEA stored as a favourite transaction.  You only need the "CA/Ref No. 1" stored for the transaction.  From then on you don't actually need the bill as it tells you how much the bill is before you click on 'Confirm' to make the payment.  My internet gets paid the same way.  No more trips to 7/11 for me now.

Electricity was free last month and this month cost only ฿18.40 thanks to the Government discount.

2 minutes ago, DiDiChok said:

Using the Kasikorn Bank app on Android, I pay online and have PEA stored as a favourite transaction.  You only need the "CA/Ref No. 1" stored for the transaction.  From then on you don't actually need the bill as it tells you how much the bill is before you click on 'Confirm' to make the payment.  My internet gets paid the same way.  No more trips to 7/11 for me now.

Electricity was free last month and this month cost only ฿18.40 thanks to the Government discount.

Thanks. I assume you have a Kasikorn bank account in order to use the app?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, davidupatterson said:

Thanks. I assume you have a Kasikorn bank account in order to use the app?

Ah, yes, I should have mentioned that. It isn't a one for one relationship as I pay bills on several properties and one PEA for someone else who hasn't got an account any more and is in the process of leaving permanently.

Any way to pay our electric (PEA) bills online? 

Yes there are a couple ways , we Chose to  go with;     Direct Debit from Bank Account. Go to the Pea Office and  they will Fill in a Form With you.

If I remember correctly you may have to go to you're bank as well.  

you will still receive the bill by mail so you can Check if everything is ok. 

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The PEA has a app that can be used but I think you need your bill for it to read the barcode on it.

We pay ours using the True Money app that my wife has set up. 

Info is here on their website. https://www.pea.co.th/en/Payment-Channels

I would just add a note of caution here. I downloaded a PEA app from the Apple App Store. I used this to transfer a PEA monthly billing. Turns out it was a PEAcoop app. The PEA office in Central Festival here in Chiang Mai told me I cannot electronically pay directly from my Bangkok Bank account. Bangkok Bank retrieved the payment.

Edited by wwest5829

18 hours ago, thaitero said:

I am not in Thailand and pay my PEA bills using website https://eservice.pea.co.th/

As for setup, sorry can not help since my setup was made years ago and then website looked totally different..

That i do remember that i managed to do my setup with google translator so maby it is doable still,, 

The current PEA app is called "PEA Smart Plus". 

35 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

I would just add a note of caution here. I downloaded a PEA app from the Apple App Store. I used this to transfer a PEA monthly billing. Turns out it was a PEAcoop app. The PEA office in Central Festival here in Chiang Mai told me I cannot electronically pay directly from my Bangkok Bank account. Bangkok Bank retrieved the payment.

Bangkok Bank doesn't have PEA as a payee in their system. I pay my PEA bill using Kasikorn Banks mobile app which is by far the easiest way to pay the bill. No scanning needed. Just enter the CA/Ref No.1 (from the bill) once, then create a Favourite. When next months bill is released the cost will automatically show up,then click next and confirm. Done. A receipt is automatically sent by email from K-Bank. I guess there must be other banks with PEA as payee. 

• Like 1

I use TrueMoney and LINE Pay. The first one lets you pay by card without top-up.

For some reason, eService website stopped working for me, but maybe they fixed it by now.

I understand Direct Debit is only available if you've opened your bank account as work permit holder. Otherwise, there's no way to pay from banking app except via PEA eService, as far as I know. Or it's possible to use DD on any long-term visa?

I haven't tried PEA app, can I still use it if the bill is not in my name? Also, is it available in English?

18 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

I don't like this option because I cant control the bill when I'm not there. I have some of our family in my (her) house. if the bill stays under a limit I pay it(<1.5k) If its over "not my ploblem" as they say! Im sure if I direct debited the AC would never be switched off looool.

I pay from overseas where I work using the PEA App.

Edited by maprao

1 hour ago, Kurtf said:

TIT. This is Thailand. It is a 3rd world country. Even if they tell you can do it online, it won't work.

works very well online.

Including over 5k back in a rebate (applied online) and a couple of bills at reduced rate. 

18 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

Yes, a visit to the office and blah bla bla but once does they just suck it out.... if no balance I have no idea what happens....

People here seems to not mention the good thing about the PEA app. Once you have filled in your meter number etc.. It will update if any thing is owned. So day after bill is delivered or same day... It will show the amount payable at the app... From the app again you can pay by thai bank or credit card. Then balance goes to 0 baht.. Next month you do the same..

Sometimes the app is offline.. Just try again after some hours... Its a little funky, but works..