Any way to pay our electric (PEA) bills online?

davidupatterson

I have tried the PEA app, the easypay app and none of them have worked. The PEA app lists Krungsri bank on its list of accepted bank, unfortunately Krungsri Bank doesnt list PEA on it's uti;ities list so it's a hike, 3km into the ooloo to a 7/11 to pay my electric usually. Fortunately, today, they have reopened the PEA shop in the Big C just down the road so that will save me a lot of long walks.

6 hours ago, flinc2020 said:

I have tried the PEA app, the easypay app and none of them have worked. The PEA app lists Krungsri bank on its list of accepted bank, unfortunately Krungsri Bank doesnt list PEA on it's uti;ities list so it's a hike, 3km into the ooloo to a 7/11 to pay my electric usually. Fortunately, today, they have reopened the PEA shop in the Big C just down the road so that will save me a lot of long walks.

I suggest you go for automatic deduction every month. Save you a lot of walking.

20 hours ago, DiDiChok said:

Using the Kasikorn Bank app on Android, I pay online and have PEA stored as a favourite transaction.  You only need the "CA/Ref No. 1" stored for the transaction.  From then on you don't actually need the bill as it tells you how much the bill is before you click on 'Confirm' to make the payment.  My internet gets paid the same way.

I do the same using the payment option on my Krung Thai banking app. No need for a bill and bar code to scan, just input your CA/REF No 1. and the amount to pay is automatically shown before you pay. And you can do it from anywhere in the world. Couldn't be easier.

As an alternative I have AIS for my mobile and internet accounts and use the AIS app to pay the bills on my phone. You can also pay other bills, including utility bills, using that AIS app. 

Edited by john terry1001

On 6/21/2020 at 6:12 PM, delboy said:

You can pay by credit card using easybills at https://www.easybills.in.th/

Fee is 8 baht.

Just tried this out and got excited when it brought up our current bill (using only the CA/REf No. 1) but after submitting my credit card information, I got a notice that said:

"Sorry, this ticket number is not yet available for use at easyBills." 

Could it be that I'm just trying to pay the bill too early? Our bill is usually dropped off in our mailbox between the 19th and 21st of each month. 

You can pay via lazada digital goods category.

And they have promotion with ฿50 coupon if you use this code when you checkout LZDUTL50

---

Also can pay via the PEA app (which may require OTP) or via your Thai bank.   You can also have someone else pay for you.  They just need the barcode, which can be from the printed receipt, or if you have PEA app, the app can re-generate the barcode.

And someone else can add your meter to their acct temporarily to pay it.  You can send PM

Edited by 4evermaat

15 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

You can pay via lazada digital goods category.

And they have promotion with ฿50 coupon if you use this code when you checkout LZDUTL50

---

Also can pay via the PEA app (which may require OTP) or via your Thai bank.   You can also have someone else pay for you.  They just need the barcode, which can be from the printed receipt, or if you have PEA app, the app can re-generate the barcode.

And someone else can add your meter to their acct temporarily to pay it.  You can send PM

Thanks for the heads-up. Just tried this and unfortunately Lazada won't accept my payment since the billing address of my credit card doesn't match the local, Thailand shipping address. It looks like you can't add an international billing address. Bummer. 

1 hour ago, davidupatterson said:

I'm hitting a lot of roadblocks with all of the aforementioned recommendations because I don't have a Thai bank account. 

Whoo David, probably would have been nice to mention this earlier like in the OP because as you can many replys assume you have a Thai bank account like most people here.  

Enjoy the hard way.  Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 11:39 AM, Dante99 said:

Whoo David, probably would have been nice to mention this earlier like in the OP because as you can many replys assume you have a Thai bank account like most people here.  

Enjoy the hard way.  Good luck.

For those not in the know, Counter Service Pay can be used to pay PEA bills from abroad with international credit cards. They have a functional, fully translatable website and app. This would be my recommendation moving forward for anyone else in the same predicament - or just anyone that wants to be able to pay their PEA bill online easily. 

No scanning or bar codes requires. All you need is your account number. 

2 hours ago, davidupatterson said:

For those not in the know, Counter Service Pay can be used to pay PEA bills from abroad with international credit cards. They have a functional, fully translatable website and app. This would be my recommendation moving forward for anyone else in the same predicament - or just anyone that wants to be able to pay their PEA bill online easily. 

No scanning or bar codes requires. All you need is your account number. 

So what exchange rate and charges do you get doing it your way?

I use Bangkok Bank and had to go to PEA and Nam Papa (water) to get a form, back to the bank and let it stamp, then back to PEA and Nam Papa. Took two or three months before it worked, but it works fine now. Same with 3BB (internet). Only True (telephone) does not work. I talked to them many times, but gave up in the end and pay online monthly.

20 hours ago, john terry1001 said:

So what exchange rate and charges do you get doing it your way?

Seems I got the standard (online) exchange rate and there were no extra costs. 

19 hours ago, Hamma said:

I use Bangkok Bank and had to go to PEA and Nam Papa (water) to get a form, back to the bank and let it stamp, then back to PEA and Nam Papa. Took two or three months before it worked, but it works fine now. Same with 3BB (internet). Only True (telephone) does not work. I talked to them many times, but gave up in the end and pay online monthly.

That sounds like a real hassle! Glad to see easier options popping up.