Best Cheap New Car 500-750k

20 hours ago, Sundown said:

Never seen this KIA stinger. Doesn't look terrible, but it's a clear cheap copy of the Maserati Granturismo. 

Maserati Granturismo base model RRP in Australia AUD 295,000 plus on road costs. Kia Stinger premium model 3.3 litre AUD 44,000 plus on road costs.

Edited by Lacessit

Great thread, thank you. I was actually looking for advice on a 2nd hand 400K-500K car from last 6 years and from what I'm reading here I should consider a Honda Jazz or Mazda 2. The reason I need a relatively recent one is because it'll have Isofix attachment, which I need for the baby seat of my 8 mth old :) Maybe, just maybe I could stretch my budget to a new car on finance? I will check out a couple of leaderships today and tents and see. Thanks all.

On 6/26/2020 at 10:08 AM, SePl said:

But who is insane enough to buy a KIA, yes i repeat, KIA hahahahahahahaahahahaha for the price of a Benz ?

http://www.headlightmag.com/official-price-kia-stinger-2-0-turbo-thai-yontrakit/

so ridiculous...

I don't have the coin to buy either but IF I did I would most certainly choose the Stinger, Fantastic cars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2020 at 12:04 AM, Lacessit said:

Have you actually driven a Kia Stinger? Beautiful car, excellent finish. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I was living in Australia. The price in Thailand is with 100% tariff slapped on, as it is not manufactured here..

If you haven't driven one, you are posting with zero knowledge of the vehicle.

Unfortunately, I am limited by forum rules in describing how fatuous your post is.

I drove a 6 banger stinger here in the states near when they came out.  It's okay. But I wouldn't give up my lexus es for one or any of my other cars. The seating position wasn't great. It felt kinda cheap for the money they want for them, plus it's a kia. A few on the lexus forum did exactly what I said I wouldn't do , however.  Not sure if they regret it yet.

10 hours ago, kidcosmique said:

Great thread, thank you. I was actually looking for advice on a 2nd hand 400K-500K car from last 6 years and from what I'm reading here I should consider a Honda Jazz or Mazda 2. The reason I need a relatively recent one is because it'll have Isofix attachment, which I need for the baby seat of my 8 mth old ???? Maybe, just maybe I could stretch my budget to a new car on finance? I will check out a couple of leaderships today and tents and see. Thanks all.

Check you can actually fit a baby seat into the back of a mazda 2. They are very small in the rear seat. Pay a bit more for a new basic honda city turbo. Much larger inside. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, XBroker said:

I drove a 6 banger stinger here in the states near when they came out.  It's okay. But I wouldn't give up my lexus es for one or any of my other cars. The seating position wasn't great. It felt kinda cheap for the money they want for them, plus it's a kia. A few on the lexus forum did exactly what I said I wouldn't do , however.  Not sure if they regret it yet.

I guess the Stinger is cheap in some countries, expensive in others. In Australia, it's a screaming bargain. The premium model is AUD 44,000. The premium Lexus is AUD 79,500. The Lexus ES is AUD 60,000.

12 hours ago, DavisH said:

Check you can actually fit a baby seat into the back of a mazda 2. They are very small in the rear seat. Pay a bit more for a new basic honda city turbo. Much larger inside. 

After posting this I went to Mazda and Honda dealerships and indeed my impressions of the Mazda 2 were as you said - really small in the back. The new Honda City on the other hand is really nice, I even sat in the RS which looks badass, but it's probably not appropriate for a dad to treat himself like that ???? I'm considering the City in the SV trim, so one step lower, at 665K. Maybe V if they throw in the extras at 609K. This of course massively stretches my budget, but apparently I can get a loan without a Thai guarantor if I pay big enough deposit, so why not.

27 minutes ago, kidcosmique said:

After posting this I went to Mazda and Honda dealerships and indeed my impressions of the Mazda 2 were as you said - really small in the back. The new Honda City on the other hand is really nice, I even sat in the RS which looks badass, but it's probably not appropriate for a dad to treat himself like that ???? I'm considering the City in the SV trim, so one step lower, at 665K. Maybe V if they throw in the extras at 609K. This of course massively stretches my budget, but apparently I can get a loan without a Thai guarantor if I pay big enough deposit, so why not.

The SV is a reasonable buy I think. The RS is more expensive and comes with a few more things - paddle shift, a couple more airbags, etc. I don't like the chrome grille on the SV but there is a company that will convert all the chrome to look like the RS version.  I recommend a test drive just to see if its as you expect - its faster than the 1.8 civic by the way. Just don't try the 1.5 turbo civic while you are there:)

On 6/26/2020 at 12:04 PM, Lacessit said:

Have you actually driven a Kia Stinger? Beautiful car, excellent finish. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I was living in Australia. The price in Thailand is with 100% tariff slapped on, as it is not manufactured here..

If you haven't driven one, you are posting with zero knowledge of the vehicle.

Unfortunately, I am limited by forum rules in describing how fatuous your post is.

And  probably more reliable to boot,, Mercedes over priced and too  much living on past  glories.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, bodga said:

And  probably more reliable to boot,, Mercedes over priced and too  much living on past  glories.

Oh ! another champion who knows nothing, never owned anything but a Toyota, but still speaks a lot ❤️

Having German cars since I am 18 I would never drive anything else, because they are nice and of cours reliable. Also don't like to look like a cheap charlie.

• Like 1

Mazda just updated the CX 3. price for base model down over 100k now starts at a tad over 750k 

Its has a decent 2000cc Engine proper 6 speed auto etc etc, pretty good value for a good handling fun to drive car! 

The Base Model is the one in Picture.

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 10.39.37.png

3 hours ago, br12stol said:

Mazda just updated the CX 3. price for base model down over 100k now starts at a tad over 750k 

Its has a decent 2000cc Engine proper 6 speed auto etc etc, pretty good value for a good handling fun to drive car! 

The Base Model is the one in Picture.

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 10.39.37.png

How many airbags in the base model? 

If I had to buy a mid range car I would spend just a little bit more and buy a CHR Hybrid. When you turn it off and makes that "hiss" sound would make me feel like Marty McFly every time I go to the supermarket.

Edited by Sundown

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Jakob Clements said:

At this price, I might be more inclined to Mazda, such as Mazda 2. Among the several options you gave, I think Honda Accord is also a good consideration. The new generation of Accord has made many upgrades, so you can search for more information.

yes but every new Accord model is more ugly than the previous one...

it looks like a competition for ugly cars among the designers !