Factories in Bangkok Area; Are They Still Open or Closing Up?

Kelsall

I know the tourism sector has been hit hard by COVID-19.  How about the factories in areas such as Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon, are many of them still making a go of it?

I'm also curious about the factory situation in Amata City Chonburi and Amata City Rayong.

Edited by Kelsall

I can't speak for those areas...but in Nonthaburi Bang Yai area, we have many textile factories (making shirts, sweatpants, etc) and staffed 90% by Burmese workers. They were closed during the height of the lockdown but they seemed to have opened now and the local night market is bustling again and my estimate is that at least 70% of customer base are these Burmese workers. So things are looking up at least around here. Now it remains to be seen if demand longer term will force these factories to recalibrate their business plans but for now I think it is not clear and likely just filling backlog in demand from shutdown...the next 6 months will be telling

• Thanks 1

Samut Prakan didn't stop as far as I'm aware. My brother in laws business wasnt told to close so he kept on going throughout and he is part of the supply chain for the big companies such as Panasonic and various others. 

• Thanks 1