dogs and cats can eat soy milk ? lactasoy unsweetened for dogs and cats ?

good morning, i am new here, I am wondering if you can confirm that dogs and cats can drink lactasoy milk or any soy milk ?

I have checked online and it seems ok but as it is hard to rely on any online information, i would like to know your experience.

I also know that grown up dogs and cats do not need milk just as humans, but they like it a lot and would like to give as a threat, and avoid standard milk which is more expensive and lactose not good (i can also make my own soy milk, so i am sure that it's healthy) thank you for your insight.

As with humans (males), I would be concerned about any adverse effects from the higher estrogen component in soy, unless you want a hairier pussy, or shriller bark in a Great Dane.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, oobar said:

Cow milk is a good source of both protein and fat, healthy fare for dogs.

Irresponsible tosh.  Like many Asian people many dogs are lactose intolerant.  Giving them cow milk will make them unwell.  Of course, if you like making your dog suffer and enjoy cleaning up diarrhoea, then go ahead, give it cow milk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Irresponsible tosh.  Like many Asian people many dogs are lactose intolerant.  Giving them cow milk will make them unwell.  Of course, if you like making your dog suffer and enjoy cleaning up diarrhoea, then go ahead, give it cow milk.

I've been breeding and raising dogs for sixty years plus.  I'm talking about hundreds of dogs, all of which have been given cow's milk, and I've never ever had a dog suffer from diarrhea as a consequence.  Irresponsible tosh?  Perhaps you're talking about yourself.

• Like 1

I made the same mistake as well,  giving my dogs fruit and vegetables and worst of all rice! A little milk is ok but remember that milk in Thailand is not the same as milk in Oz or the US (here...skim milk fortified with palm oil, don't believe? check out the next tin of condensed milk you buy!) Dogs and Cats get their "greens" from grass and the stomach contents of the animals that they kill, their bodies are not conditioned to digest too much vegetation, it eventually crashes their kidneys and they die! Soy milk is worse because it's only cloudy water, the crushed soy cannot be absorbed by either humans or cats or dogs as the coating on the grains are too strong for our stomach acids to break down...that's why bovines have multiple stomachs and chew the cud!

I killed 6 of my pets giving them the wrong diet...there is no such thing as a vegetarian predator!   ????  

Edited by TPI
grammar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sundown said:

Point is how much nutrition they get from that? For them it will be almost licking water, they'll be full of water but still hungry and asking food after 10 minutes..

no, point is to know if it is dangerous or not. And your point is also not the question asked.

to others ? sorry for grammar BS, but i actually do not see what was wrong in my message ?! maybe people are too smart on this forum ? all rocket scientists ?

sorry...

and thank you for the useful replies, i am just surprised that many of you give cow milk, so it might be ok.

Edited by SePl
  • Like 1

I never tried to give soy milk to my dog, but if I feed him cow milk, he gets diarrhoea. However, when he drinks goat milk, which he does on a daily basis, he is fine. His vet told me that goat milk is easier for dogs to digest because the molecules are much smaller, and it contains less lactose.

Soy is apparently safe. It is actually an ingredient in many pet foods as a source of protein, but at he same time it is also one of the top food allergens in dogs. It should therefore be avoided if the dog has food allergies.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2020 at 12:32 PM, Letseng said:

Milk yes, but not soy milk. Cats & dogs are carnivores, not vegan/vegetarians. No need to give them milk. As a special treat no problem.

It doesn't matter, its the nutritional composition that counts. To my knowledge soy is digestible by dogs, and non-toxic.

• Like 1