TM 30 - new rules from June 30

Hi Lothda,

Does this mean the requirement to report if already having stayed at an address would no longer be required - and if so will it matter how long the absence is?

For example, I live with my Thai wife in a house we own but we do travel both within Thailand and abroad.  Also, some family members from the UK have visited for holidays [and we did register them] so if they come again does it mean we don'y have to?

I think we need more details and to see the actual government statement with the details in it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I just got a rough translation of the info. If you click the link in my post ("this information") you will be taken to a page which has an overview as well as the full police order for this change.

• Like 1

Can you still sign up for the app?  I only leave LOS once per year, and I made the miserable trip over there after my thirty hour trip..they told me to sign up for the app...I am a condo owner..any clues?

1 minute ago, moontang said:

Can you still sign up for the app?  I only leave LOS once per year, and I made the miserable trip over there after my thirty hour trip..they told me to sign up for the app...I am a condo owner..any clues?

I don't know how the App works, but I did sent you PM a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website and subsequently file your TM30s on-line.

Easy (if you know how to do it) - will take approx 1/2 hour to register and 1/2 hour to file your very first TM30.  Subsequent ones will only take 1-2 minutes.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

It's the rule used by Pattaya Immigration for years. ????

A good one.

(Used at least for those on long extension: retirement, mariage, ...)

Jomtien were always strict that another TM30 had to be done after a border run or You and your place of Residence would be fined.

Not a good one.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I don't know how the App works, but I did sent you PM a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website and subsequently file your TM30s on-line.

Easy (if you know how to do it) - will take approx 1/2 hour to register and 1/2 hour to file your very first TM30.  Subsequent ones will only take 1-2 minutes.

Said the site was down or had been moved..after I spent 15 minutes on it.

11 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Uh? Jomtien always told us (many friends and I, in retirement) that we didn't need to make a TM.30 report as long as our main address doesn't change. Never did during years.

Do retirees need to do Border Runs?

• Confused 1

Just now, Pattaya46 said:

No they don't (yearly extension),

but for sure many travel abroad,

so I don't see the point of your question ??

I corrected your original statement.

And you seem to come back with something about retirees.

3 minutes ago, moontang said:

That isn't the registration page...I also noticed the 90 day report app won't even accept my valid login.

Yes it is, at the bottom you have 3 buttons LogIn / Cancel / Register

Clicking the Register button allows you to register, and on successful application you receive your username:password, which will then allow you to log-in and file your TM30s.

Jomtien Immigration already apply this 2 years , as long as you return to your same address after travelling abroad no new reporting is needed , at least as a ret ext. holder , don't know for other ones ...

Edited by david555

33 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes it is, at the bottom you have 3 buttons LogIn / Cancel / Register

Clicking the Register button allows you to register, and on successful application you receive your username:password, which will then allow you to log-in and file your TM30s.

Ok..had to shrink docs under 1 MB..got username and password..got back in..changed password..do I need to wait now..there is no menu of things to do..

No messages..perhaps I have met the limits on using Android for this..should I wait or go get a windows machine out if the rubbish bin.

15 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

assume those of us stuck outside until after our extensions and reentry permits expire will still have to do a new tm-30 upon return.

possible as I think they have to start all over , unless a special exception would be made for their cases .

So a new application it would be 

This was the reason I cancelled my travel plan to Europe in May/June … as aug./ sept is my date to make ret.ext again and I did not risk it  to be locked out ...

Edited by david555

4 minutes ago, moontang said:

Ok..had to shrink docs under 1 MB..got username and password..got back in..changed password..do I need to wait now..there is no menu of things to do..

No messages..perhaps I have met the limits on using Android for this..should I wait or go get a windows machine out if the rubbish bin.

With my first post #1O I did PM you a step-by-step instruction on how to register and file your TM30s.

With registering done, now simply follow the steps in that document to file your TM30. 

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

can i have the link for the TM30 app? I'm in the same situation being a Condo Owner currently outside of LOS.

3 minutes ago, DanangBanaHills57 said:

can i have the link for the TM30 app? I'm in the same situation being a Condo Owner currently outside of LOS.

I don't make use of the App, but use the TM-30 website.

As requested I did sent you PM step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website and subsequently file your TM30s on-line.

One has to ask oneself, why on earth would one want to contribute to their economy, when they want to track our movements, seriously, they know where we live, retirees and married farangs.

TM30, no contribution to their economy from me, we all have choices, the 90 days online is enough for me, my choice.

• Like 1