Minister plans to turn convicts into a formidable workforce to send abroad

snoop1130

In this time of continuing border closures, lack of flights and not knowing when normality will return, not to mention Thailand's dismal economic performance, likely to be the worst in ASEAN this year, why aren't these workers working at home?

The dumbest idea ever to send workers abroad when the economy is in such a dismal state. They should be encouraged to work at home.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Several foreign companies, especially from Taiwan, South Korea and countries in the Middle East and Europe want Thai workers because they are known to be hard-working and disciplined. Thailand’s ability to effectively curb the Covid-19 pandemic is also impressive,” he said.

Many assumptions here that are not true, and some very twisted logic at the end.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Nah, they're just copying someone else's idea again. The British did it first 200-odd years ago with Australia.

...and the landed gentry stayed in the Old Dart! THANKS! ???? :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, PatOngo said:
7 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Maybe Australia??

No, to do what?  They have enough Thai restaurants and massage joints!

I'd missed equal opportunities employment. I was assuming rough, unhelpful blokes.

I can see an opening now.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In a move to help convicts start a new life after prison, Justice Minister Somsak Thepsutin is planning to launch a campaign to boost their professional and language skills so they can find work overseas.

Roughly Translated = You've been a naughty naughty boy or girl, therefore we would like you to work outside of Thailand as you are giving us a bad name..............LOL

10 hours ago, Sayed Ali Salman Alhalay said:

I have appointment next month and I'm with this hospital now 4years i don't know what to do it's important appointment

As-salamu alaykum bro, you seem to be lost as this is a thread about contagious ministerial brain flatulence, yes, a medical condition as well, but hopefully not related to yours ...

If you mean you're abroad & need to get into the country for your appointment then contact a Thai embassy as you need to register, procedures should be in place. See also: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

Roughly Translated = You've been a naughty naughty boy or girl, therefore we would like you to work outside of Thailand as you are giving us a bad name..............LOL

I thought the Deputy Minister of Agriculture might be a special advisor to this project, given his previous experience.

Having a bad name didn't hold back his career.

Edited by bluesofa
grammar
  • Haha 2

Sooner or later they get out.

If they can be taught a skill to make and honest living,

that is all the more good for the better.

There are a lot of people locked up who have aged a little

and would rather work than steal and risk a return to 

Thailand big houses.

Language skills are always a plus. 

If 2 out of 10 take the opportunity reform and try to

go straight, that is a win. 

If the sentences are commuted, then they would not have to 

go abroad as slaves, but as workers ready to earn some respect

for their abilities. 

If it doesn't pan out, they always ditch the idea.

Give it a try, it isn't welfare it is work . 

But then haters will always hate, nothing new.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

No, to do what?  They have enough Thai restaurants and massage joints!

Once a jolly somechai camped down by the big old klong under the shade of a coconut tree sang as he watched and waited for his som tum to boil.....solly not like dinjo land.....me stay Thailand.....