Leading ecologist says Pattaya is the cleanest and most beautiful in twenty years - great time to visit!

webfact

5 hours ago, petermik said:

"even the sea was clean enough" spilt my coffee while laughing at that..who pays these guys to write this garbage...????

it was his private Facebook account. Nobody paid him. Sorry but why do you feel the need to be so insulting to Thai people, to somebody, an ecologist who rightfully says that Pattaya is at its cleanest inover two decades. 

I almost wanted to say that the only garbage around is you, but i restrain myself and i wont.

Must be a nice sight though, to see you spilling your coffee...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, petermik said:

"even the sea was clean enough" spilt my coffee while laughing at that..who pays these guys to write this garbage...????

Last line from the article ????

"he was an advisor to the city council. "

Edited by david555

Where does one even begin to comment on a post like this? First of all a Thai ecologist somehow seems like an oxymoronic job. Second if he has written over 100 books, who has read them?

And third, if you want pristine, and clean beaches, try these locales. I somehow do not think the world class description he uses for Pattaya's beaches, can quite match up to the environmental pride shown in some of these areas.

Tikehau Island, French Polynesia. Can't decide whether you want white- or pink-sand beaches? ... 

Dreamland Beach, Bali. ... 

Fulhadhoo, Goidhoo, Maldives

Ypao Beach, Guam

Seagrass Bay, Laucala Island, Fiji

Matira Beach, Bora Bora

Ipil Beach, El Nido, Palawan Island, Philippines

Bathsheba Beach, Barbados. ... 

Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. ... 

Horseshoe Bay, Bermuda. ... 

Harbour Island, Bahamas. ... 

Tropic of Cancer Beach, Little Exuma, Bahamas

Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos

Lindquist Beach, St. Thomas

Palm Beach, Aruba

Santa Maria Beach, Los Cabos

Blue Beach (La Chiva), Vieques, Puerto Rico. ... 

Trunk Bay, St. John, USVI.

Devil's Bay, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands

Maipio Valley Beach, Big Island, Hawaii

Honopu Beach Kauai, Hawaii

Any mention of any beach on the Gulf Coast of Thailand, within the same sentence as paradise, is mere hyperbole, and an outright lie. In my opinion the best beaches on the Gulf lie between Pranburi and Ban Saphan Noi. There are a few nice beaches on Koh Phangan too. But in Pattaya? A total fabrication. Pure fiction. Political and tourist related nonsense. Let's get real. Who are these people anyway? 

Maldives-1.jpg

Matira-Beach.jpg

image.jpeg

TVIr9ZjG.jpeg

whitehaven-beach-queensland-australia.jpg

maxresdefault-51.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Somehow the title of a leading Thai ecologist conjures up a potential lack of credibility? Or is it just me? 

If he spent his time lecturing his own people on how to care for their environment, perhaps we would have some pristine beaches to visit. Or, maybe that is part of his job description? 

Edited by spidermike007

38 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Where does one even begin to comment on a post like this?

By simply agreeing and for once not posting a bunch of irrelevancy and bashing? It was quite accurate.

38 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There are a few nice beaches on Koh Phangan too. But in Pattaya? A total fabrication. Pure fiction. Political and tourist related nonsense. Let's get real.

"Nice" is in the eye of the beholder, and some may have higher standards than others. I think Pattaya beach is "nice." But what Professor Thon Thamrongnawasawatsaid dared say was merely this: Pattaya was the cleanest he had seen in two decades. Yep. Sounds perfectly reasonable, too, esp. at this time.

Nothing about "pristine," "paradise," blah blah. Let's get real and stop with silly straw men. What's behind all this sad desperation that leads to such foolish posts?

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Somehow the title of a leading Thai ecologist conjures up a potential lack of credibility? Or is it just me?

Oh, there's no way he's going to have any credibility here, esp. after he dared observe some improvement in Pattaya's beach after 2 decades. But then you have to consider the credibility of those doubting the credibility. Whoops! ????

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

If he spent his time lecturing his own people on how to care for their environment

Perhaps he does, and instead of bashing here and pontificating you should spend your time telling him how to force his people to change their ways in accordance with his advice. And you must make them pay for doing so, while you pay nothing. You must have the key. Surely many here would like to know, too.

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

On Saturday, a friend and I drove down from Bangkok to Pattaya for a bit of sightseeing and to have lunch. 

Got some great drone shots.  Would be nice if the place could stay this way.

pattaya1.jpg

Pattaya3.jpg

pattayabeach.jpg

Fantastic shots and well done! Please forgive me, but as an ex-volunteer with the Tourist Police (who regularly used drones at large festivals etc,) may I post the Thai drone regulations just in case someone like your good self, decides to invest in a drone. Thank you.

General Rules for Flying a Drone in Thailand

Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Thailand.

• All drones must be registered if they 1) Have a camera, and 2) Weigh 2 kilograms (4.4 pounds) or more. Register here.
  • Drones weighing more than 25 kilograms (55 pounds) must be registered with the Minister of Transport.
  • Drone pilots must maintain a visual line of sight with their drone at all times.
  • Drones must not be flown close to manned aircraft
  • Drones must not be flown close to any person, vehicle, construction, or buildings at distance less than 30 meters (98 feet) horizontally.
  • Drones must not be flown in restricted areas without authorization.
  • Drones must not be flown within 9 kilometers (5 miles) from an airport or temporary airfield except with special authorization.
  • Drones must not be flown higher than 90 meters (295 feet).
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

Stunning photo's. Great work. Unfortunately your work will not be appreciated here. You made the mistake of not complaining or using infantile humour like the ThaiVisa know-it-alls who take great pleasure in using their keyboards to vocalise their negativity towards life . 

Thanks.  We met up with an older friend who lives down there and he commented that the weather had been a bit overcast, so we really lucked out with the clear skies on Saturday.  I've been living in Bangkok for 12 years and reading ThaiVisa as long, I realised a long time ago that some people will always find something to moan about and for the most part I just ignore them.

• Like 2

Well, he's absolutely right about Pattaya Beach.  It looks just like his photos--beautiful and very clean.  I know because I look at it every day.  Nice it is being kept so clean and it's attracting a fair number of people--at least at the northern end that I look out on.  I think everyone is enjoying not having the noisy speed boats and jet skis right by the beach--it's wonderfully quiet and back to what it should be--for people to enjoy. 

• Like 2