Thai MP proposes to legalise prostitution

webfact

2 hours ago, Mulambana said:

The whole World knows it so much so that people travel 10,000 miles in search of their brides or engage in orgies in Thailand and Thais are in denial. What bubbles do they live in? Do they think that people travel 10,000 miles for temples and beaches in Thailand? 

The longest journey starts with the first step. And anyway, I only traveled 6,000 miles.

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Wow. Legalize weed for everyone, legalize prostitution, allow long time foreigners to have PR's.... NO! 

But prostitution would be work only a Thai can do. No work permits given.

A friend of mine from Singapore used to run rings of Russian "Business women" here in Bangkok, back in the day 

59 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

There is not a man alive who hasn’t paid for sex. Dinner out, movies, drinks, flowers, holidays, that new car, the house, wedding rings and or dowries depending on where you are. 2 divorces cost me more for bad sex than I will pay the rest of my life for good sex here ????

You're not paying for sex when you're married. You're supporting you wife and/or family and sex is being given freely, at least with a wife that earns that title and isn't there just for the money. When a wife gives you her body, she is giving a gift. When a prostitute is giving it, she is giving it because it is making her money ,and most of the time she isn't getting anything out of it but money, and a lot are disgusted having to have sex with men who are obese, stink or drunk. In any event, making it legal will save lives, the police that are bribed will lose that income, pimps will go out of business for the most part, girls won't be subjected to abuse or worse as much because of the loss of pimps. I think it's a disgusting trade where girls are forced into doing things they wouldn't normally do, but again, it will save lives.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Travel the world and see the exotic destinations for yourself just once in your life to learn there is more than one place to get some personal treatment from a lovely lass.

I’m not really a whoremonger at heart, so the red light districts of the world don’t appear prominently on my bucket list.

4 minutes ago, natway09 said:

The idea has merit & he has done well to discuss it in the open.

It needs careful thought & I for one getting too old to care one way or the other.

The massive industry in the formal Thai area (have a look at Suttisan massage prtlours)

where can have 500 girls in a "fish bowl" & the rake off is massive but going into almost criminal hands

The above cater mainly for Thais. Most farang do not even know the scale of these "clubs".

In favour      decriminalize (No pimps & no police payments needed.

gov't coffers helped through taxes

health checks easier forworkers as less stigma

easier ID for customers of chosen as have official number

There are many more but we can discuss further later.

Interesting to note in NZ where it is legal no males are allowed to run any businesses associated 

with this profession (think about that)

Very true, the benefits far outweigh the issues associated with it as an illegal trade, nobody likes to mention the trafficking or child abuse. However it is a very well documented issue, scary thought but how many man do you think have unknowingly paid for sex with an underage girl (or more disgustingly known about it) or paid for sex with someone who was forced into the industry? Men on this forum tend to turn a blind eye to this stating things like "i am offering  a service by paying because they feed the family back home", probably true in many cases of course but also not true in many cases which they will never admit or acknowledge. They seem to think it is a regulated and official profession with no association with horrible crimes.

So legalizing it, regulating it and protecting the workers makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

I think there is a lot more of the 'paid for' sex than there is outright prostitution, and as somebody here said, all sex is paid for.

In a large number of cases I suspect girls go with guys and have sex willingly. That the guy might incentivise them with cash is irrelevant. Though they might get mad if none is forthcoming and it might be a prime driver. I've known a good few who have accepted evenings out, dinner, movie, drinks, a little shopping, as an equivalent.

Edited by bobnuts

Just now, Winky Wilson said:

Anyone who gives you value and pleasure deserves a gift. Whether it's money or a sefood buffet. Label it whatever you want.

Payment for a job is a gift? You should see it for what it is, a business transaction, nothing more,, the girls don't love you or care about you. They are not giving you a gift, you are paying them for sex,, simple as that.. My personal beliefs are it is  disgusting trade, however it is irrelevant, it is an old profession that is here to stay. So better to control it legally and add some level of protection to the workers and avoid the trafficking, money laundering and child abuse.. It is not a gift though, wrong way to look at it my friend.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bikerbri said:

We have been constantly told that there is no prostitution in Thailand. What a revelation!

Of course no prostitution in Thailand,however a great opportunity to create a new business and business model.

he should have brought this up a couple of months ago, think of all the answers he would have by now, all of us looking for something to do all this time, man what is Flip and Flop going to think about this? talk about dirty old men lol

Obviously it would make sense to legalize it.

But maybe we should ask: Who is interested that that business exist but is officially illegal?

Or: Who gets lots of bribes because it's officially again the law?

And imagine gambling would also be allowed.

Where would all those officials who are supposed to enforce the law get their money from?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Technology is really changing "The Game". Why walk the streets, or have a cut taken by pimps/bar owners etc, when they can just get punters via their smartphones

I apologize for going into detail, but except for business guys passing through and the like, most guys would rather hang around a woman, seeing her in person, before making the decision, rather than ordering on-line (and especially since pictures lie). I have the impression, and the dating sites actually say, that the self-identified "freelancers" on-line don't do all that well.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Taxing them on their earnings would be a bonanza for state coffers.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The tax gained would be huge and pay for everything anyway. 

Nothing to do with the moral high ground. Just a new tax revenue stream

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Give that MP a pay rise, sensible thinking

In the netherlands prostitution is legal. The girls even pay tax This man is smart and at least the girls will get protected. They cant stop it so they just have to work with it. 

• Like 1