Thai MP proposes to legalise prostitution

webfact

At last, someone in politics talking sense. This not a Farang imported problem" as Thai Pooyais say. Its an indigenous issue. Its also encouraged by an appalling education system totally unable to deliver the skills workers need for the 21st century. The other reform necessary, aside from legalising all drugs and taxing them, is forcing Thai men to cough up maintenance for the plethora of kids they have and just don't recognise as their own. That's why so many deserted girls end up in prostitution. Make the men pay... And at last, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for the mayhem they cause.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Travel the world and see the exotic destinations for yourself just once in your life to learn there is more than one place to get some personal treatment from a lovely lass.

I was lucky enough to have a boss with whom I used to travel Europe - he taught me that when I was just 20!

Used to refer to him as a "meat seeking missile" - in latter years, I've had the pleasure of initiating other newbies ????

Apparently, I'm now a sleaze monster.... I'm so proud!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Finally, a sensible person who speaks the truth. Your view is not old fashioned at all my friend, I love my wife dearly, she is my soul mate, I am blessed to have found her. We have a beautiful son and are very happy. She takes care of me and I her, yes of course money is involved but that does not make my wife a hooker, as someone here has suggested that all men pay for sex.

To be frank I find it very sad for men who feel that a prostitute is a substitute for a lifelong partner, they have obviously not met the right woman. I saw a documentary of a guy who moved to Thailand, dumped his UK life with wife and kids and believed a life living it up in Thailand was the way to go, after all you only live once right! He was vey unhappy, his meaningless sex with countless hookers was no substitution for a loving relationship and he deeply regretted his decision and found he had lost purpose in life. Thailand is full of guys like this, it is very sad.

Just my take:

I fully understand that you gentlemen who have wives/ partners with whom you have rapport, friendship and love wish to keep that situation and are prepared to work at it. Respect to you all - honestly.

Then there are guys (like me) who just don't want another person in their space all the time, haven't found a woman who changes their mind, maybe despite trying a few times and is HAPPY to take it where we find it.

Whether that is due to my limitations, expectations or whatever doesn't matter.

As long as all parties involved are consenting adults then "the oldest profession" should be encouraged to prosper. I repeat....just my take.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

What nonsense, I have never been desperate enough to pay a woman for sex,,, paying for dinner for your Mrs is hardly the same as agreeing a transaction for sex. You are basically saying that anyone who has a sexual relationship is sleeping with a hooker, and all women are hookers! I would like to see you convince my wife of that..r indeed any other woman on the face of the earth! ????

When you are in high school you get free sex with virginal teens.

Gets better in College. You have never obviously been with a woman over 21 year of age.

All down hill from there and all about support and money.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, suzannegoh said:

That's a solution in search of a problem.  Where are they going to find prostitutes in Thailand?

Will have to encourage more Burmese and Lao workers. 

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously it would make sense to legalize it.

But maybe we should ask: Who is interested that that business exist but is officially illegal?

Or: Who gets lots of bribes because it's officially again the law?

And imagine gambling would also be allowed.

Where would all those officials who are supposed to enforce the law get their money from?

you're right, if it is to be legalised it would need to be for the benefit of the workers and eradication of all the nasty stuff that surrounds illegal prostitution.. Corruption destroys everything, just look at the state of the roads in Thailand..So if it designed to fill the greedy and corrupts pockets it will never work.

• Thanks 1

So the Thai husband from the prostitute bargirl is fired as a pimp when the government is becoming the new pimp.

Great deal for customers, bad for unemployed Thai husbands.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

When you are in high school you get free sex with virginal teens.

Gets better in College. You have never obviously been with a woman over 21 year of age.

All down hill from there and all about support and money.

Not been with a woman over 21? Very poor judgement you have, how old do you think I am? Give you a clue, university for me was a generation ago. Good luck finding a real woman who will willingly have sex with you, i think dropping your mysogynistic attitude will help.????

1 hour ago, VBF said:

Just my take:

I fully understand that you gentlemen who have wives/ partners with whom you have rapport, friendship and love wish to keep that situation and are prepared to work at it. Respect to you all - honestly.

Then there are guys (like me) who just don't want another person in their space all the time, haven't found a woman who changes their mind, maybe despite trying a few times and is HAPPY to take it where we find it.

Whether that is due to my limitations, expectations or whatever doesn't matter.

As long as all parties involved are consenting adults then "the oldest profession" should be encouraged to prosper. I repeat....just my take.

Respect for your opinion, i just disagree. For me there is not substitute for a loving missus, having her in my space is part of the joy of it all, I miss her when she is not there. This is of course reliant on your finding the right "soul mate" who doesnt get on your t*ts every 5 minutes.. So legalising it and protecting the workers is, I assume something you would support as a long term user?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Enzian said:

I apologize for going into detail, but except for business guys passing through and the like, most guys would rather hang around a woman, seeing her in person, before making the decision, rather than ordering on-line (and especially since pictures lie). I have the impression, and the dating sites actually say, that the self-identified "freelancers" on-line don't do all that well.

Unfortunately you are very mistaken, street walkers and gogo bars are becoming old hat, social media is the way things have been going for years now.. it will increase, not decrease and making it legal won't change that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bodga said:

How many facts do you want to face up to,  how  about whorehouse of Asia?

it is, but Thailand have a choice to embrace that if they chose,, same as Amsterdam for example.. It is already known for being the whorehouse of Asia so might as well clean up the industry and make it safe..

2 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

it does not exist in thailand that is what i was told.when u see  a bar girl and you want they services now they will be telling plus tax too. Good idea they realise it does exist and make it legal will help them somehow

Blimey, says a lot about your mentality fella... Think about the safety for the workers, the eradication of the criminal element associated with illegal prostitution, the squashing of trafficking and kids being forced into prostitution, the control of STD's the legitimacy of the workers and their rights,,, i could go on.. All you're worried about is being charged tax for you trips to the whorehouse,,,, wrong on so many levels fella, think it through.

7 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

A lot of sense in some of what he's saying .. And the continuing denial when it's been part of their society for centuries just adds to the ridicule that comes Thailand's way from other quarters on the subject .. They should also look at how some Euro countries manage prostitution regard the health check issue and put in place a regime if they are thinking about taxing them .. 

Just curious, do European prostitutes present a printed invoice with VAT to their customers after the deed is done? And can their services be paid for by credit card? Or must pay by cash and the sex workers just declare their income at the end of the financial year and pay tax (if over the threshold)?

52 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Not been with a woman over 21? Very poor judgement you have, how old do you think I am? Give you a clue, university for me was a generation ago. Good luck finding a real woman who will willingly have sex with you, i think dropping your mysogynistic attitude will help.????

I'm not a mysogynist. I love women, more than my wine. I have a realistic understanding. If women controlled the world it would be a better place. I am somewhat overweight in my 50s not sexy and can get young women for free in my own country.

The reason is I have a great job. Sorry that is the way it is.

If women controlled the world it would

Edited by Captain Monday

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

Respect for your opinion, i just disagree. For me there is not substitute for a loving missus, having her in my space is part of the joy of it all, I miss her when she is not there. This is of course reliant on your finding the right "soul mate" who doesnt get on your t*ts every 5 minutes.. So legalising it and protecting the workers is, I assume something you would support as a long term user?

Basically YES

I support the legalisation of anything that:

people enjoy

doesn't harm either the participants or innocent bystanders

Is practiced by Consenting Adults - those last 2 words are IMO, CRITICAL and if you think about it, would bar trafficking of sex workers, and exploitation of children.

I also support, just as enthusiastically, your right to avoid places where prostitution exists and people (like me perhaps) who indulge.

I hope you enjoy the lifestyle you have chosen...and I wish you many many years of said enjoyment.

To address your other comment, having reached the age of 65, I don't think a woman "who doesn't get on my t*ts every 5 minutes" actually exists - several times I've thought I've found her but........ The fact that when the breakup comes, it's usually a relief tells me a lot - and if you keep banging your head against a wall...stopping is just soooo good!

The other thing, as a FEMALE friend of some 40 years once told me.....I'm happy in my own skin - I added that just to point out that I'm not a misogynist by any means!

May you and yours "live long and prosper" - really :wai:

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

I'm not a mysogynist. I love women, more than my wine. I have a realistic understanding. If women controlled the world it would be a better place. I am somewhat overweight in my 50s not sexy and can get young women for free in my own country.

The reason is I have a great job. Sorry that is the way it is.

If women controlled the world it would

Wow, a bit of a turnaround who basically said you have to pay for sex with women one way or another. My wife and I don't associate our hard earned money with sex, it is a completely unrelated subject, I guess only a regular user of hookers would think that way. If you are ok with thinking that way then fine,, just try and talk to an intelligent woman about it (take cover though) and see how mysogynistic you are accused of being then. I guess this will appear like a fairy tale to you but most married couples have sex because it is a display of their love and affection, money is nothing to do with it. A good job will get you so far as every woman wants a self sufficient / successful man but only so far,,, if you were speaking to my wife about your views on how it costs all men for sex you certainly would have zero chance with her, especially if your fat and over 50, your job wouldn't matter.. I guess we will never agree on this point so fair enough, stay safe.????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VBF said:

Basically YES

I support the legalisation of anything that:

people enjoy

doesn't harm either the participants or innocent bystanders

Is practiced by Consenting Adults - those last 2 words are IMO, CRITICAL and if you think about it, would bar trafficking of sex workers, and exploitation of children.

I also support, just as enthusiastically, your right to avoid places where prostitution exists and people (like me perhaps) who indulge.

I hope you enjoy the lifestyle you have chosen...and I wish you many many years of said enjoyment.

To address your other comment, having reached the age of 65, I don't think a woman "who doesn't get on my t*ts every 5 minutes" actually exists - several times I've thought I've found her but........ The fact that when the breakup comes, it's usually a relief tells me a lot - and if you keep banging your head against a wall...stopping is just soooo good!

The other thing, as a FEMALE friend of some 40 years once told me.....I'm happy in my own skin - I added that just to point out that I'm not a misogynist by any means!

May you and yours "live long and prosper" - really :wai:

Nice response, respect to you my friend. I found a woman who doesn't drive me nuts, both of us are comfortable in our own skin and we are comfortable with each other (warts and all),I am a lucky man for sure,, we don't have silly fights and we don't point score or dig each other (in my opinion very hurtful in a relationship). If you haven't found that soul mate and you have chosen a different way that suits you then fair play, be happy. Take care and be safe fella. ????

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Just tax men's penises at the gate to Pattaya.  C'mon man.  It's just common sense. ????

Would that require a dicktat from above? :sorry:

8 hours ago, Mulambana said:

The whole World knows it so much so that people travel 10,000 miles in search of their brides or engage in orgies in Thailand and Thais are in denial. What bubbles do they live in? Do they think that people travel 10,000 miles for temples and beaches in Thailand? 

Not everyone is a sex tourist.