Thai Immigration announce changes to TM30 reporting

33 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Are you aware that this topic is about the so-called TM.30 reporting, ie the notification or the arrival of a foreigner at a residence or a hotel?

The TM.30 does not create a recort of the foreigner's departure from Thailand.

Absolutely. angeltwossiter was asking about entering check out info.

Immigration likes to have a record of where you can be found/contacted, that's what TM30 is all about. Once you have passed through immigration control on the way out, they know you've left the country.

25 minutes ago, Lancashirelad said:

Absolutely. angeltwossiter was asking about entering check out info.

Immigration likes to have a record of where you can be found/contacted, that's what TM30 is all about. Once you have passed through immigration control on the way out, they know you've left the country.

The check out info isn't the same as leaving the Country.

Sometimes I truly despair at the English used by some of those "higher-up".  For example, after reading this latest announcement I noted that the use of the word "premise" appeared several times and it was always used incorrectly.  The word premise is either a verb or a noun.  If used as a verb, in logic, it is to base something on the foundation of a motion or idea, which is stated or believed to be true.  If used as a noun, it is a previous statement or proposition from which another is inferred or follows as a conclusion.  Only once does the correct word, premises, appear and that is on the third line of 2.1.  Premises in this situation refers to property, like those stated in a legal document such as this.

'nuf sed.

On 6/24/2020 at 2:41 AM, ubonjoe said:

Your new -passport will have your old passport number in it.

That may be true for the USA passport but not, to my knowledge in the GB passport.  I have my two last GB passports and there is no way to cross-reference the numbers from one passport to another, unless the British Government have changed their policy.  I will know about that when I receive my next GB passport.

'nuf sed.

44 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

That may be true for the USA passport but not, to my knowledge in the GB passport.  I have my two last GB passports and there is no way to cross-reference the numbers from one passport to another, unless the British Government have changed their policy.  I will know about that when I receive my next GB passport.

'nuf sed.

If you have your stamps transferred from the old passport to the new one your old passport number will be entered in a large stamp where the can write in the info in the new passport.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have your stamps transferred from the old passport to the new one your old passport number will be entered in a large stamp where the can write in the info in the new passport.

Nothing was transferred from any of my passports.  My first old passport was renewed out of the country as was my Non-OA visa.

'nuf sed

• 2 years later...
On 6/23/2020 at 3:06 PM, keithet said:

so this is just if you leave the country and then re-enter to your same address? 

What about if just go to another province for a week and then return to same address? 

I don't bother with that, it's nonsensical, and almost impossible to follow up on, as they don't even know when "overstayers" have died or even left TH legally in many cases, since they are swamped in pointless paperwork that ensures the system barely functions, and in any case my wife books and checks in to hotels and then I just show up five minutes later and walk up to my room. 

Up to you. 

24 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Is this three (3) year old thread still a "must read" and up-to-date?

Last year I showed the print out of the changes to Samut Prakan immigration officer on extension day and she said that does not count. Then they dropped asking for a more recent TM30 than 4 years prior, going again tomorrow so will see if they caught up yet. There is usually some surprise or change in store.

Returned from UK last Friday.  Went to Phayao Immigration on Monday to do TM30. Was told most definitely that as I had returned to the same address  with a re-entry permit for 1 year Retirement visa, that no TM30 was needed, only 90 day report in due time.

Chief I/O or Phayo was present when his was done, so assume it to be genuine.  

5 minutes ago, Robin said:

Chief I/O or Phayo was present when his was done, so assume it to be genuine.  

100% correct.

Read 2.2 at start of this (old) thread.

You have a current permission of stay and protected by reentry permit.

You can travel in Thailand and out and not require to file TM30 when you return..

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

This thread I posted in link to current thread 

It's years old.

Join into current thread

Just wondering why did you link a 3 year old factual thread to a false information thread where OP was "told" TM30 was scrapped which was obviously false? 

Join into new thread to do what, say TM30 is not scrapped like OP thought?

Edited by Pattaya57

36 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Just wondering why did you link a 3 year old factual thread to a false information thread where OP was "told" TM30 was scrapped which was obviously false? 

Join into new thread to do what, say TM30 is not scrapped like OP thought?

You took the OP word "scrapped" too literally.

The reason I posted with a link to that particular thread is that it provides the announcement to the change in laws relating to TM30 that occured ~ June 2020.

And has section 2.2 posted.

Also link to download if someone wants that. 

Many folk are not up to speed with that as demonstrated by "do I need to file TM30" questions that pop up almost daily.

What has made it even more confusing is some rogue offices (CM being one) have ignored the changes. 

For the expat community  with unbroken permission of stay the basically TM30 is done and dusted unless you change your address. 

So compared to previous rules one could use the word scrapped.

Move on. 

Edited by DrJack54

• 3 weeks later...

I dont even remember what a TM30 is.....I go every 90 days to the imm office and hand them the paper they gave me the time before and they give me a new one with a date 90 days on. We travel around Thailand constantly and I have never had issue, we book rooms or camp  as we see fit.

Since we have such a pristine and comfortable imm office, I do not even bother with online reporting, its nice to drop by every 90 days actually.

37 minutes ago, kuma said:

I dont even remember what a TM30 is.....I go every 90 days to the imm office and hand them the paper they gave me the time before and they give me a new one with a date 90 days on. We travel around Thailand constantly and I have never had issue, we book rooms or camp  as we see fit.

Since we have such a pristine and comfortable imm office, I do not even bother with online reporting, its nice to drop by every 90 days actually.

What you do every 90 days is not a TM30 notification. It is a notification of your address when staying longer than 90 days consecutively in Thailand. It uses form TM47 when done in person.

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2020 at 2:39 PM, webfact said:

The alien as defined in paragraph one shall include those who

being granted multiple-visa who leaves and returns to the Kingdom with specified

time in the visa, and those with re-entry permit.

Here is excerpt from the first post from webfact in the thread I posted few posts back.

It outlines where TM30 is NOT required for trips out of province and out of Thailand. 

• Like 1