BANGKOK
webfact

Thai Immigration announce changes to TM30 reporting

33 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Are you aware that this topic is about the so-called TM.30 reporting, ie the notification or the arrival of a foreigner at a residence or a hotel?

The TM.30 does not create a recort of the foreigner's departure from Thailand.

Absolutely. angeltwossiter was asking about entering check out info.

Immigration likes to have a record of where you can be found/contacted, that's what TM30 is all about. Once you have passed through immigration control on the way out, they know you've left the country.

25 minutes ago, Lancashirelad said:

Absolutely. angeltwossiter was asking about entering check out info.

Immigration likes to have a record of where you can be found/contacted, that's what TM30 is all about. Once you have passed through immigration control on the way out, they know you've left the country.

The check out info isn't the same as leaving the Country.

Sometimes I truly despair at the English used by some of those "higher-up".  For example, after reading this latest announcement I noted that the use of the word "premise" appeared several times and it was always used incorrectly.  The word premise is either a verb or a noun.  If used as a verb, in logic, it is to base something on the foundation of a motion or idea, which is stated or believed to be true.  If used as a noun, it is a previous statement or proposition from which another is inferred or follows as a conclusion.  Only once does the correct word, premises, appear and that is on the third line of 2.1.  Premises in this situation refers to property, like those stated in a legal document such as this.

'nuf sed.

On 6/24/2020 at 2:41 AM, ubonjoe said:

Your new -passport will have your old passport number in it.

That may be true for the USA passport but not, to my knowledge in the GB passport.  I have my two last GB passports and there is no way to cross-reference the numbers from one passport to another, unless the British Government have changed their policy.  I will know about that when I receive my next GB passport.

'nuf sed.

44 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

That may be true for the USA passport but not, to my knowledge in the GB passport.  I have my two last GB passports and there is no way to cross-reference the numbers from one passport to another, unless the British Government have changed their policy.  I will know about that when I receive my next GB passport.

'nuf sed.

If you have your stamps transferred from the old passport to the new one your old passport number will be entered in a large stamp where the can write in the info in the new passport.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have your stamps transferred from the old passport to the new one your old passport number will be entered in a large stamp where the can write in the info in the new passport.

Nothing was transferred from any of my passports.  My first old passport was renewed out of the country as was my Non-OA visa.

'nuf sed