BANGKOK
webfact

Thai Immigration announce changes to TM30 reporting

"Previously, most immigration offices in Thailand wanted a new TM30 report within 24 hours every time a person left and reentered the country. This change eliminates that requirement."

We have to return to the last reported address. If not, a TM30 will still be needed. 

so we still have to do it when moving house within Thailand? this was the only thing that ever bothered me about the TM30

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

What’s a TM 30?

There is a pic of one in the OP.

It is a report of your arrival at a residence by the owner or possessor of it.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Well any amendment to the TM30 is a step in the right direction,but still confused I am. My wife and I own our home in Chiang Mai,she submitted the TM30 to inform immigration that I live at the property she owns arghhh. We have been considering doing a road trip to Sukhothai,Tak,Hua hin,phuket and back,about 6 weeks in total. Upon our return to our home in CM does she need to re submit the TM30 to tell them I am back at home and my permanent address. 
The other amendment could be,people that live here on a permanent basis like myself,Retirement visa should only need to inform immigration once you change your permanent address. Taking one less drama out of the equation.

Edited by Titan1962
  • Like 2

Could this concession be part of the domestic tourism drive?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RobertHima said:

When you extend your visa, and you are outside the original "valid period" when the TM30 was filed while on your previous extension, do you have to file a new TM30 with your new "valid period" in 24 hours?

You would have to be outside the country if your temporary permit to stay was not valid or on a overstay.

When you apply for a extension of stay it extends your stay. No need for another TM30 report.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Titan1962 said:

Upon our return to our home in CM does she need to re submit the TM30 to tell them I am back at home and my permanent address. 

No

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

What valid period?

I read that to mean, only needing to report once for the same location during the duration of one's ME visa or re-entry permit, which would mean once per year...

But after a person renews their extension and re-entry permit annually and then leaves the country and returns (in some distant world) after that, then a new TM30 would be required???

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But after a person renews their extension and re-entry permit annually and then leaves the country and returns (in some distant world) after that, then a new TM30 would be required???

None would be needed unless you changed your permanent place of residence.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

None would be needed unless you changed your permanent place of residence.

Ya, I saw your comment above... Just wonder if that's the way various IO's will actually interpret it. Time will tell.

AFAIK, my annual extensions of stay and re-entry permits are not "extended."  They run one year and they expire... And in order to remain, I have to apply for new ones before the old ones expire, AKA, lose their "validity".

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2