Thai Immigration announce changes to TM30 reporting

Sebastian @Isaanlawyers  Thank you for the acknowledgement. Well done in persisting and bringing about a much needed change.

Perhaps this is the start of something good. I like the expat association idea, a group of expats that the Thais trust and that would only bring to their attention important out-dated matters and not waste their time with frivolities. Sometimes, someone looking in from the outside and that has knowledge of how things are done in more developed countries, sees things more clearly.  Carry on!

Edited by Lancashirelad
Typo

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They are here in the pinned topic as PDF's (Thai is from the CM immigration site).

image.png.7d1f85af3dda399eee7666a76e01e6ad.png

Link: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

The Immigration Bureau does have the annoying habit of publishing Police Orders and Regulations and Memorandums as JPG files embedded in a PDF file rather than a text-searchable PDF file. This makes it impossible to copy and paste easily a text snippet.

17 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Official translation in pdf format.

TM30 Section 38.pdf 41.16 kB · 4 downloads

On what web page did you find this text-searchable PDF file. I haven't had time yet to hunt for it and would like to make a note of the URL for future use when looking for this type of document related to immigration matters.

4 hours ago, Maestro said:

The Immigration Bureau does have the annoying habit of publishing Police Orders and Regulations and Memorandums as JPG files embedded in a PDF file rather than a text-searchable PDF file. This makes it impossible to copy and paste easily a text snippet.

They scan them instead of posting a original PDF file. I think do everything in the .doc format, print and then scan them.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Maestro said:

When you use Adobe Acrobat to open the PDF-file, you can then save it any text-format you want.

So you can save it e.g. in RichTextFormat and then save that RTF-file as PDF again.  Doing so the PDF will be fully searchable and will allow copy/pasting of parts from that text.

Note: You would need the full version of Adobe Acrobat to do that (and not the free read-only version).  In case you do not have that full version, let me know which PDFs you like to convert into fully searchable ones, and I will provide them to you.

6 hours ago, Maestro said:

On what web page did you find this text-searchable PDF file. I haven't had time yet to hunt for it and would like to make a note of the URL for future use when looking for this type of document related to immigration matters.

I typed it word by word into a document file, then exported it as a PDF.

6 hours ago, Maestro said:

The original file I downloaded allowed you to highlight and copy text. For some reason when I did a save as to change the name it changed the formatting of it. Changed the name of the original file and then uploaded it to the pinned topic so it is now in the original format. 

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The original file I downloaded allowed you to highlight and copy text. For some reason when I did a save as to change the name it changed the formatting of it. Changed the name of the original file and then uploaded it to the pinned topic so it is now in the original format. 

That's marvellous. Thank you.

I never reported TM30 though I was making multiple trips to outside Thailand (before Covid-19). My agent reported once when I moved into Q condo and I never bothered about reporting again. My take on TM30 is the spirit of the law. The immigration should know my permanent address in Thailand. If it does not change, there is no need for reporting. Not going to lose my sleep on TM30 and post hundreds of useless posts on this forum about TM30. 

45 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I never reported TM30 though I was making multiple trips to outside Thailand (before Covid-19). My agent reported once when I moved into Q condo and I never bothered about reporting again. My take on TM30 is the spirit of the law. The immigration should know my permanent address in Thailand. If it does not change, there is no need for reporting. Not going to lose my sleep on TM30 and post hundreds of useless posts on this forum about TM30. 

Your take on TM30 has now become the official rule.

The changes could be summarized in 3 sentences, but as usual Immigration is using its crypto-speak making the issue needlessly difficult to understand.

The changes boil down to the following:

The house-master, owner or possessor of the place where you are staying (which can be yourself, your wife/girlfriend, landlord, manager of Hotel/Guesthouse) needs to notify the local IO within 24 hours when a foreigner arrives at the premises.

That notification only needs to be done ONCE as the TM30 stays valid as long as the foreigner's permission to stay is kept alive (including its extension or when using a Re-Entry Permit or re-entering on a Multiple-Entry Visa).

So filing of a new TM30 is ONLY needed when the permission to stay or the extension of it, expired and the foreigner re-enters Thailand on a new Visa (or VisaExempt).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, angeltwossister said:

I recently managed to register online and completed my first tm30 for visitors.

I can’t seem to find a section online to report their check- out. PLEASE can someone help me-?

It's the last column (column O) on the Excel spread-sheet in which you filled-in your visitors data when uploading the TM30.  When originally uploading the data of the visitor staying at your premisses it is not necessary to fill in that Check-Out column (because often it is not known at the moment of notification).

However, when you update that Excel-sheet with the Check-Out date and re-upload it again, there is no Check-in date as the website will consider the date of upload as the 'start-date'.  But I guess that won't be a problem, as the check-in and check-out date will be same date, and IO will understand that it is not a new TM30 but an updated one with a check-out date.

Thank you so much for replying.

i filled it in online and then inserted the data into the table on screen.

i can see the record - by chance I’ve found the button on the website-that enables me to search for my previously logged form- that only shows a brief summary- and there is no option to amend or update- as I knew at the time their exact day of leaving , I may have already filled it in... I hope so- but there doesn’t seem to be any means to check.

11 minutes ago, angeltwossister said:

i can see the record - by chance I’ve found the button on the website-that enables me to search for my previously logged form- that only shows a brief summary- and there is no option to amend or update- as I knew at the time their exact day of leaving , I may have already filled it in... I hope so- but there doesn’t seem to be any means to check.

There should be a folder 'search TM30' which will show your previous listed details.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, angeltwossister said:

>> I just did PM you the step-by-step instruction I compiled on how to register on the IO TM30 website and file your TM30's on-line.  Most of the information in that document will be not relevant for you anymore as you already successfully succeeded in registering as well as filing TM30s.

However, it also contains info on how to use the off-line Excelsheet that makes it very easy to update an existing TM30.  As well as info on how to create a screenshot of the approved TM30 notification that was uploaded.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

It's the last column (column O) on the Excel spread-sheet in which you filled-in your visitors data when uploading the TM30.  When originally uploading the data of the visitor staying at your premisses it is not necessary to fill in that Check-Out column (because often it is not known at the moment of notification).

However, when you update that Excel-sheet with the Check-Out date and re-upload it again, there is no Check-in date as the website will consider the date of upload as the 'start-date'.  But I guess that won't be a problem, as the check-in and check-out date will be same date, and IO will understand that it is not a new TM30 but an updated one with a check-out date.

Well that's confusing. I can just hear the immigration officer saying "Pay 800 baht over there, then come back here". 

Edited by RBOP

I just checked my entry in the immigration database. It includes my TM.6 number. So, if I leave Thailand and come back, either the TM.6 number will be wrong in the TM.30 DB, or my wife has to do another TM.30. Same with when replacing a passport.

This will inevitably lead to stale data in the database. And that could lead to fines when visiting immigration.

2 hours ago, RBOP said:

Well that's confusing. I can just hear the immigration officer saying "Pay 800 baht over there, then come back here". 

Why?

I've never stated a leaving date, even when filing in person, because I didn't know when I'd next be leaving.

On 6/28/2020 at 2:50 AM, Maestro said:

If you want get searchable text out of an image file, Google Lens does a really good job (and is free, to boot). You can open Lens and then point it at the file or if you open the file in Google Photos it will automatically ask you if you want to extract the text. See example below.

Screenshot_20200630-105720.png

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2020 at 4:44 AM, angeltwossister said:

I recently managed to register online and completed my first tm30 for visitors.

I can’t seem to find a section online to report their check- out. PLEASE can someone help me-?

The TM.30 requirement is for the notification of the arrival of a foreigner. There in no requirement to notify the foreigner's departure.

42 minutes ago, Maestro said:

The TM.30 requirement is for the notification of the arrival of a foreigner. There in no requirement to notify the foreigner's departure.

Because passing through immigration at an airport or land border does that.

4 minutes ago, Lancashirelad said:

Because passing through immigration at an airport or land border does that.

Not under the new regulation if it is your residence of record at immigration. It only ends if you move and a new report is submitted.

It does end for those on single entry visas.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not under the new regulation if it is your residence of record at immigration. It only ends if you move and a new report is submitted.

It does end for those on single entry visas.

Correct, but it will always create a record of the date you left the kingdom.

7 hours ago, Lancashirelad said:

Correct, but it will always create a record of the date you left the kingdom.

Are you aware that this topic is about the so-called TM.30 reporting, ie the notification or the arrival of a foreigner at a residence or a hotel?

The TM.30 does not create a recort of the foreigner's departure from Thailand.