Marriage Extension Pathum Thani - Today

yes. took both mobile numbers and said they would let us know. the immigration lady and my wife were talking about who lives in the area. witnesses etc. lucky me we are surrounded by family (yeah !!). brother in laws work camp is next door as well. so that's covered.  next door lady speaks great english and we let her know a few weeks ago that she may be needed. 

on another side note i did get a covid visa stamp thingy today. was my first time at immigration since the whole deal started. i did a border run at the beginning of march.

34 minutes ago, dayo202 said:

did you have to pay 1000B for the home visit on top of the 1900B marriage extension fee ?.

I did back in Nov when I did my marriage extension at pathum thani office.

haven't had the pleasure of the official visit yet. 

• Haha 1

just had the official visit. took a total of about 9 minutes from the time they got out of the car. a few pictures in the house and in front. sign a few papers. happy ending and bye bye.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Why is there a number of people doing 90 day reports why they don't need to get done before the 29th July?

not sure maybe they were just checking or were worried about their current state. 

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Why is there a number of people doing 90 day reports why they don't need to get done before the 29th July?

The are not required until after July 31st. Immigration will announce when they will be due.

• Thanks 1

I went to the Pathum Thani Immigration Office to do marriage visa on 12 June 2020, as Mr Mr mentioned not much Q at all. 

Just got to prepare all the form and bring your wife together.

- Fill the application form for extension visa

- Copy of your Passport

- Copy of your wife ID and House Registration

- Latest original and copy of marriage certificate (get it from District Office)

- 400,000 baht in the bank for 60 days.

- Update bank book the day you apply the visa (copy too)

- Certificate of Financial Status and Bank Statement from the bank

- Form : Statement about how you know your wife and how your wife know you ... must write in Thai. 

- Form : Declaration your wife's occupation, saving detail and salary, as well yourself. 

- Form : Your overstay declaration

- Form : Your blacklisted checking

- Photos : Your outdoor home + inside your home (your spouse and you) 

- Photo : Marriage photo (depend on the officer want or not)

- Do your Stay of Notification and pay 60 baht at Room A.

Photocopies two sets (one set in case requested) of all above.

Pay 1,900 baht for application + 1,000 baht (no receipt) home visitation. Then take the photo at the counter before you get back your passport.

On 13 June, the immigration officer informed my wife that they are coming on 15 June noon. 

Two witnesses required. As the witnesses must bring their copy of ID + copy of House Registration. Then take a photo out your house and inside the room together with the witness. 

The Immigration Officer will check once, if you have children. If you don't have children, they will come and check every year. 

Get my stamp for one year visa on 10 July. 

Edited by macgver
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mr mr said:

not sure maybe they were just checking or were worried about their current state. 

I can understand one or two, but a number?? It just shows you how much the average farang trusts the Thai government.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, macgver said:

Two witnesses required. As the witnesses must bring their copy of ID + copy of House Registration. Then take a photo out your house and inside the room together with the witness. 

Trat have to take one witness with you and they must be present on home visit we have to supply 6 photos.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The are not required until after July 31st. Immigration will announce when they will be due.

I thought that I had read on TV and elsewhere that if you are on annual extension it may be best to continue with the reports.

22 minutes ago, PFMills said:

I thought that I had read on TV and elsewhere that if you are on annual extension it may be best to continue with the reports.

Just false info from somebody that did not know what they are talking about.

It does not matter what you have they are not required until after July 31st.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Trat have to take one witness with you and they must be present on home visit we have to supply 6 photos.

Here is difference. The two immigration officers turn up at my home. An officer will take a pic of us with two witnesses and another officer.

18 hours ago, macgver said:

I went to the Pathum Thani Immigration Office to do marriage visa on 12 June 2020, as Mr Mr mentioned not much Q at all. 

- Copy of your Passport

- Latest original and copy of marriage certificate (get it from District Office)

- Form : Statement about how you know your wife and how your wife know you ... must write in Thai. 

- Form : Declaration your wife's occupation, saving detail and salary, as well yourself. 

Pay 1,900 baht for application + 1,000 baht (no receipt) home visitation. Then take the photo at the counter before you get back your passport.

On 13 June, the immigration officer informed my wife that they are coming on 15 June noon. 

The Immigration Officer will check once, if you have children. If you don't have children, they will come and check every year. 

I have done 5 extensions at PT office and never heard of some of your items listed.

Eg.

Form about how you and wife know each other???

Wife's occupation and saving details???

"Stay of Notification"?? This year for first time ever, had to write out a Tm28 in room A. Is this what you're referring to??

Also some clarification,  you need a kor sor2 from your local Amphur to verify that you are still married and not divorced.

Copies of EVERY Stamped page of your passport.

1000 baht fee for "quick" home visit agreed.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, brianthainess said:

This is corruption

Yes it is, we knew it when we were told it was 1,500 baht for the house visit, my wife arked up, and the IO said that they don't get reimbursed for their petrol, and it's a 3 hour return trip, whether that is true or not, I didn't give a rats a$$, I said to her this is chicken feed, and I am paying for it, it's part and parcel of getting what I need for another 365 days, do you really want to argue with this guy over 4 baht a day, a little less than I make on my overseas investments....lol, and it's a one off corruption payment, which is expected, immigration, cops, same s-h-i-t, different smell.  

16 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I can understand one or two, but a number?? It just shows you how much the average farang trusts the Thai government.

none of them were white farang. while sitting there i would say maybe 10 people went in and out. 

1 hour ago, orchidfan said:

I have done 5 extensions at PT office and never heard of some of your items listed.

Eg.

Form about how you and wife know each other???

Wife's occupation and saving details???

"Stay of Notification"?? This year for first time ever, had to write out a Tm28 in room A. Is this what you're referring to??

Also some clarification,  you need a kor sor2 from your local Amphur to verify that you are still married and not divorced.

Copies of EVERY Stamped page of your passport.

1000 baht fee for "quick" home visit agreed.

my wife did everything. i showed up to the immigration office with pants on and a collared shirt. i did good. 

Edited by mr mr
sp

I don't like the sound of this home visit at all. Big invasion of privacy and they talk to neighbors too? Granted, I'm on good terms with the neighbors, but all of us generally keep to ourselves, so the idea of having some stranger talk to a neighbor about me sounds very uncomfortable and embarrassing to me.

Is there a way they won't come? Besides, many of my neighbors are like literally never around anyway.

19 hours ago, macgver said:

- Copy of your Passport

What do you mean by "latest original and copy of marriage certificate". There's only one version. The one you get when you got married. Unless you divorced first, you don't need to get it again.

What is the certificate of financial status and bank statement. I thought if you show them your bank book, that's sufficient.

Why do they care about Children? I don't want some stranger getting close to my children, who are very young and shy and will scream at them!