Marriage Extension Pathum Thani - Today

26 minutes ago, mr mr said:

none of them were white farang. while sitting there i would say maybe 10 people went in and out. 

Maybe I've made a mistake here, I thought I was answering a post where a few people were doing 90 day reports when you don't have to before the 31st July.

32 minutes ago, drbeach said:

What do you mean by "latest original and copy of marriage certificate". There's only one version. The one you get when you got married. Unless you divorced first, you don't need to get it again.

What is the certificate of financial status and bank statement. I thought if you show them your bank book, that's sufficient.

Why do they care about Children? I don't want some stranger getting close to my children, who are very young and shy and will scream at them!

As I've stated earlier, you need the original marriage certificate, plus a copy

Kor Sor2  from the Amphur being a confirmation that you're still married.

Bank book AND Bank letter confirming your account balance, AND copies from the bank of the last 3 months account statements.

Yes, getting neighbours to attend can be difficult,  especially if they are working or they don't like.you !!

With PT IO. There's no way of escaping the home visit. But other offices differ on this.

Kids......I think that if you have a child from this marriage then they may only require the one home visit. But childless, you get a visit every year (from PT.IO)

4 hours ago, orchidfan said:

I have done 5 extensions at PT office and never heard of some of your items listed.

Eg.

Form about how you and wife know each other???

Wife's occupation and saving details???

"Stay of Notification"?? This year for first time ever, had to write out a Tm28 in room A. Is this what you're referring to??

Also some clarification,  you need a kor sor2 from your local Amphur to verify that you are still married and not divorced.

Copies of EVERY Stamped page of your passport.

1000 baht fee for "quick" home visit agreed.

It is all in Thai and require my wife to filled up and it is two pages. 

My first time extension in PT, previously in Bangkok. 

Never requested to stamp every pages of the passport, only signature. 

The Thai marriage certificate, the stamp valid for 3 months since the date of issued from District Office. 

2 hours ago, drbeach said:

What do you mean by "latest original and copy of marriage certificate". There's only one version. The one you get when you got married. Unless you divorced first, you don't need to get it again.

What is the certificate of financial status and bank statement. I thought if you show them your bank book, that's sufficient.

Why do they care about Children? I don't want some stranger getting close to my children, who are very young and shy and will scream at them!

The Thai marriage certificate stamped by the District Office is valid for 3 months only. I can't used the last year marriage certificate to apply for this year visa. 

The immigration requested it for Certificate of Financial Status and Bank Statement (if the bank statement got 2 - 5 weeks gaps without the transaction).

If you got children, they will visit one time and the following year, there is no visitation. If you married without children, they will visit you every year. 

2 hours ago, orchidfan said:

As I've stated earlier, you need the original marriage certificate, plus a copy

Kor Sor2  from the Amphur being a confirmation that you're still married.

Bank book AND Bank letter confirming your account balance, AND copies from the bank of the last 3 months account statements.

Yes, getting neighbours to attend can be difficult,  especially if they are working or they don't like.you !!

With PT IO. There's no way of escaping the home visit. But other offices differ on this.

Kids......I think that if you have a child from this marriage then they may only require the one home visit. But childless, you get a visit every year (from PT.IO)

It is true, hard to get witnesses. I asked my Condo Juristic Person to become witness and the answer is NO. So I brought two government officers to become my witness. At the end, the IO kept silent. 

On 6/25/2020 at 4:38 PM, possum1931 said:

Why is there a number of people doing 90 day reports why they don't need to get done before the 29th July?

I did mine anyway because this is Thailand and despite the amnesty, you just know that somewhere down the line, someone will question why you didn't do it.

20 minutes ago, macgver said:

The Thai marriage certificate stamped by the District Office is valid for 3 months only. I can't used the last year marriage certificate to apply for this year visa. 

They stamp a printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry not you marriage certificate.

3 minutes ago, Pib said:

How recent must a KR2 be for the CW (Bangkok) immigration office?  I know fresher the better, but do they accept a 3 month old KR2 also?  

Not sure about the offices. It varies office to office. My suggestion it to get one within a month before you plan on applying.

There is at least one office wants it to be no older than the day before.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure about the offices. It varies office to office. My suggestion it to get one within a month before you plan on applying.

Thanks.  I wouldn't want to wait until the day before (and you are not suggesting that) because it would be my luck the district office system would be down...or a holiday called out of the blue....just one of Murphy's Laws biting me.  I'll probably get one about two weeks before unless several folks who have used CW for marriage extension give specific info.  

56 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I did mine anyway because this is Thailand and despite the amnesty, you just know that somewhere down the line, someone will question why you didn't do it.

If anyone starts that nonsense with me, I will let them know about it and demand to see there boss. They don't scare me. If you make sure you are 100% right, you will win, even in Thailand. Just be reasonable at first and give them the chance to be reasonable back to you.

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Maybe I've made a mistake here, I thought I was answering a post where a few people were doing 90 day reports when you don't have to before the 31st July.

no mistake. about 10 people went into the area where you do your 90 day reporting. most came out quite quick. i think many of them were just confused and uninformed.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
50 minutes ago, Pib said:

How recent must a KR2 be for the CW (Bangkok) immigration office?  I know fresher the better, but do they accept a 3 month old KR2 also?  

my wife got everything updated etc within 2 weeks of us applying. 

4 hours ago, drbeach said:

I don't like the sound of this home visit at all. Big invasion of privacy and they talk to neighbors too? Granted, I'm on good terms with the neighbors, but all of us generally keep to ourselves, so the idea of having some stranger talk to a neighbor about me sounds very uncomfortable and embarrassing to me.

Is there a way they won't come? Besides, many of my neighbors are like literally never around anyway.

the home visit was a nothing burger. they came we sat at the kitchen table. signed a few docs. witness and sister in law. asked a few questions about how long we were married etc. a pic in front of the fridge. one sitting at the table. one with the address showing our house and one with one of the immigration guys. 

painless really and i don't care for govt period no matter the country. 

I did my 90 day report at Pathum Thani a couple of weeks ago and extended my stay last Monday. If yours is due I would recommend doing it now because there is almost no one there and it is a simple in and out. It took about two minutes for the 90 day report and when I extended my stay on Monday they had me take a seat in the waiting area and one of the young guys in the office took my passport, paperwork and money and went inside. He came back about ten minutes later with everything finished. The woman that takes the pictures did it with her cell phone and I was out the door. Do it now if you can because it will probably be a madhouse when the amnesty ends. 

• 4 weeks later...

final update

went to immigration today as my 30 under consideration ended on the 23rd. handed my passport over and about 5 minutes later the girl came back and that was that. 

1 year extension done. seems if you have your stuff in order it's really not a big deal.